Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Deer Pack (college budget)

If you use a backpacker's pack as a day pack, you can haul your meat and keep your gear and the pack clean. Bone out your deer and let the meat cool in the shade, then put the meat into a cotton game bag (or pillow case). Then put the meat bag into a waterproof storage bag. I use a Cabela's Boundary Waters II Roll-Top Dry Bag size large. Empty out your pack and put the meat in first, then stow your gear around it inside the pack. Just don't leave your meat in there too long if the temps are above 60. I use the waterproof bag to lash to the Cargo Chair on my Kifaru Spike Camp. It keeps the meat from moving around while I lash it down and when I'm hiking out, very stable.

I have a couple year old Eberlestock J104 that I don't use any more. If you are interested let me know, I am not looking to get much out of it.

Save your dollars for fuel and food. Go to the nearest pawn shop, Goodwill Store or whatever and take a look. Find you a decent looking pack and frame that looks like some college girl from Kansas City used it once. Pay the 20 dollars and don't look back until you are rich and famous.
We have been using such packs for several years and I assure you that, unless you are hunting with Greenhorn you will not know the difference.

Here is proof that they work, the wife and boys backing out another load of meat, hide and head.
These packs even have hydration systems in them, they look suspiciously like one gallon milk jugs.
Go hunt, have fun! twodot

The packs look like they are working good .But I really question your choice of boot's? 9 or 10 mi up that hill and you will to.

I bought a Eberlestock Blue Widow and really like it. Perfect for bow hunting and you can still get the scabbard for your gun if needed. I use it every day I hunt and scout. I carry everything I need and then some with room to haul one out if needed. For my build it just fit better then the 2200. I was looking at the 2200, 2800 and BW as they are all similar in price and have no regrets with the BW. I mostly hunt deer in MN.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back