Deadlines coming up...

npaden

Okay, just double checking on the deadlines I have lined up and trying to make sure I don't miss any.

Wyoming Elk - January 31st.

Arizona Elk and Anteloope - February 15th

Utah - Pretty much everything - March 1st Can use license for two years if you apply early one year and later the next

Wyoming Sheep, Goat, Moose and Bison - February 29 (Updated)

Montana Deer and Elk - March 15th.

Wyoming Deer and Antelope - March 15th.

New Mexico - Pretty much everything - March 28th.

Colorado - Pretty much everything - April 3rd. Sheep and Goats paper application - take personal checks

Nevada - Pretty much everything - April 19th?

Colorado - Rocky Mountain Bighorn Raffle (sheep, goat, antelope) - April 28th

Idaho - Sheep, Goat, Moose - April 30th Big Convience fee for credit card - send in paper app with cashiers check

Montana - Sheep, Goat, Moose, Bison - May 1st.

Montana - Antelope - June 1st.

Idaho - Deer, Elk, Antelope - June 5th.

Arizona - Sheep, Deer - June 12th.

Montana Super Tags - July 5th.

I think that's what I have left on my board. Already have my Wyoming Elk, Utah Elk, Goat and Sheep, Arizona Elk and Antelope and Wyoming Antelope and Goat tags applied for.

I'm not messing with any of the eastern moose hunting states for now. I think if I hunt moose it will be Alaska or Western Canada.

This year I went to an excel spreadsheet with my tag app dates and refundable and nonrefundable costs and it is starting to get some pretty big numbers at the bottom, but I know there are a ton of you on here that are applying for way more than I am.

Just wanting to make sure I'm not overlooking anywhere. My big goal is to get in a mountain goat hunt in the next 7 or 8 years hopefully. Only place I'm not applying for mountain goat that I know of is Washington State and Montana and I think I'm way late on both of those places to have any chance of drawing in the next 20 years.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks, Nathan

Last edited:
Wow, good thing I went ahead and applied early. I thought it was due at the same time as antelope on March 15th. I'll update my spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Wyoming got my $2,166 yesterday. I am sure I will be hunting WY goats this fall. Probably UT as well. ;-)

May 15 is the Oklahoma deadline for the 6,250 controlled hunt permits available including 315 antelope and 82 elk as well as deer and turkey. Most all are for public land except antelope. Available to Residents and non residents with a hunting license and 5$ application fee reguardless of number of categories entered. The youth deer hunts have great odds if you are looking for a place to take your kids.

I went ahead and updated for the draws already past.

I've thought about Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, etc., but I can hunt whitetails here in Texas.

Are the Oklahoma elk tags open to nonresidents?

I need to add Texas desert bighorn in there as well.

Oklahoma controlled hunts are available to non residens. Kinda cool program if you want to hunt uncrowded public land. Odds were 1 in 45 for cows and 464 for bulls in Wichita mts NWR. 1 in 7,000 for Cookson and pushmataha wma's where there is only 1 tag for each area. Propably some old bulls in there. Another area, Spavinaw, doesn't allow hunting of elk and I've heard there are some really cool non typical bulls in there. Propably from the inbreeding.

Oklahoma elk tags are OTC for private land. There are a few places around the Wichita mts NWR that sold hunts a couple of years ago when I was researching. I tried to find somebody to let me hunt around Spavinaw but could not get access.

Last edited:
You might want to consider the state raffle tags that WA offers for sheep & mountain goat. Odds aren't great but the cost to apply is cheap. I apply for sheep in WA and while Im checking out I always add on a raffle tag for Mt goat and Sheep.

I'm in for Wyoming speed goat in a hard to draw unit. I've a whopping 2% chance of pulling the tag!

Next up to bat for me is NM deer. I've heard 2C is an easy to draw unit.

CO is on deck.

Wyo Antelope 77,78,114 don't have a clue how I will draw. Just through my hat in the ring.

NM Antelope hoping for another ANT-2-184 archery tag.

Next will be the draw for a NV Muley, see about a Colorado Lope and maybe an excess cow tag for Montana if they have them this year.

In for Wy. deer now.Hope to draw,but Eastmans sent me an e-mail and had my unit down as a sleeper for big typicals.My odds were 100%,but we'll see now

In for Wy. deer now.Hope to draw,but Eastmans sent me an e-mail and had my unit down as a sleeper for big typicals.My odds were 100%,but we'll see now

HuntinFool said that there were no big deer left in Wyoming. :)

After a few years point saving I finally decided to apply for a Red Desert unit this year. App submitted. Will have a good chance of drawing. Passed on deer due to timeframe of other high odds hunt apps.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back