MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

DAV moose hunt...WOOHOO!!!!!

Thursday 9/29...Me and dad leave my house at 6am, stop for coffee and snacks and hit the road. Nothing exciting about the drive. 12 hours later we end up at the hotel in Pocatello. Check in, dump our bags and run to Denny's for dinner. We find walmart and head back to the hotel to sit in the hot tub. Hop on the laptop for a bit and have a few adult beverages and go to bed....

Quagmire Alright GIFs | Tenor

Friday 9/30..
Me and dad wake up at 7. Grab some hotel breakfast. I hop online to pay some bills since it was pay day and then grab a shower and we leave to head to walmart. Me and dad do our shopping and get to the registers. I scan my stuff and just as I'm ready to put my card in the registers crash. Shit!!! We wait about 20 minutes and finally say screw it and leave to head to camp. We figure we'll just have to come back later. We head to Clifton to meet Josh to follow him to camp. We meet and I run in the gas station for a few drinks. We tell him about what happened at walmart and he tells us there's a family dollar and grocery store a couple of towns over. SWEET!! We head up to camp. An hour up a rutted out, washed out, rocky crap road with a vertical drop off a few feet from the road. Talk about pucker factor. We get up to camp and decide where we'll set up. Me and dad unload the truck and set up our tent and set up camp. Brian comes over and introduces himself and we chat for a bit. Then we go back down said shitty road and head to Preston for groceries. We do shopping at family dollar and go over to the grocery store and do shopping for food. Grab a burger at wendy's and head back to camp up said shitty road. Me and dad go through the truck and unpack and repack stuff we just got. Bryan and Matt show up and we all shoot the shit for a while and they go set up camp. Emily showed up a while later and we all sat around and chatted. We all kinda did our own thing for dinner and Gerald showed up after dark. We all chatted and talked about the missing midget strippers and upcoming poppers. Randy showed up real late. We were worried because he was towing a UTV on a trailer up this road in the dark. I got ahold of him earlier in the day and advised him not to bring the trailer up, but he did anyway. Gerald decides we need a fire, so we all wander around the area looking for wood. A fire gets started and we all sit around it drinking adult beverages and sharing stories. Dad went to bed and I stayed up a while more until my night meds started kicking in.

Saturday morning we all slept i n till about 7:30. Gathered around the fire and listened to Matt's compressor to tell if the coffee pot was done. Yes, folks, he brought a compressor for a coffee pot. It started a little spitting, misty rain and we decided to hold out on going out until it passed. It started raining harder and we gathered under a stand of trees until it passed. About an hour later the rain was light enough to head out. Everyone took off and me and dad stayed in camp for our turn to be shuttled up. Randy came down to pick me up and we headed up the hill. Holy shit what a nasty road. WE get to the drop off point and I hop in the driver's side. I head towards camp to pick my dad up and no more than 30 yards down the trail I'm high centered on a rock I didn't see. I scream for Randy and he comes to me and sees what I did. After laughing at me and getting a pic or two we try to come up with a plan. Brian and Emily come down the trail towards us and laugh and get pics. We decide that me and Randy will tip the wheeler towards us and Brian and Emily will get the rock out. Success!!! We decide to run back to camp and regroup. We leave Emily on the hill and head back down. Get back to camp and putter around for a few minutes and dad hops in with Brian and me with Randy and head back up the hill. We get to the meeting spot and Randy hops out. I get in the driver's seat and Emily hops in with me. We head further up the hill t our glassing spot. About halfway up to where we're going I get a little too close to the right edge of the trail and dump the wheeler on it's side. Good thing I had my seatbelt on or I would have crushed Emily. Brian and dad get back to us and get the window out of ours and we get out and just kind of look at the cluster#uck I created. Brian pulls his wheeler down to us on the other side of the trails. Getting the winch out they get the wheeler on it's wheels, but it's in a spot that we can't just drive down. So they mess around and winch the front of ours down into the trail slowly. Get it in the trail safely and I say screw this thing, I'm not driving it again. Brian goes to pull down and is now stuck. UGH They hook the winch to our and through different angles and such pull his into the trail. We gather our gear and head up the hill. We are sitting are sitting and glassing and me and dad are snacking when my phone lights up with text after text telling us to get to camp because Gerald has his eyes on a monster that's responding to his calls. We all hop in the wheelrs, Emily in the drivers seat, and go barrel assing down the hill. Almost to camp we come to a screeching halt because there's a bull about 80 yards off the trail. We watch him for a while and he turns his head...DAMMIT....he only has one side. I decide to pass on him and we get to camp....

Saturday morning we all slept i n till about 7:30. Gathered around the fire and listened to Matt's compressor to tell if the coffee pot was done. Yes, folks, he brought a compressor for a coffee pot. It started a little spitting, misty rain and we decided to hold out on going out until it passed. It started raining harder and we gathered under a stand of trees until it passed. About an hour later the rain was light enough to head out. Everyone took off and me and dad stayed in camp for our turn to be shuttled up. Randy came down to pick me up and we headed up the hill. Holy shit what a nasty road. WE get to the drop off point and I hop in the driver's side. I head towards camp to pick my dad up and no more than 30 yards down the trail I'm high centered on a rock I didn't see. I scream for Randy and he comes to me and sees what I did. After laughing at me and getting a pic or two we try to come up with a plan. Brian and Emily come down the trail towards us and laugh and get pics. We decide that me and Randy will tip the wheeler towards us and Brian and Emily will get the rock out. Success!!! We decide to run back to camp and regroup. We leave Emily on the hill and head back down. Get back to camp and putter around for a few minutes and dad hops in with Brian and me with Randy and head back up the hill. We get to the meeting spot and Randy hops out. I get in the driver's seat and Emily hops in with me. We head further up the hill t our glassing spot. About halfway up to where we're going I get a little too close to the right edge of the trail and dump the wheeler on it's side. Good thing I had my seatbelt on or I would have crushed Emily. Brian and dad get back to us and get the window out of ours and we get out and just kind of look at the cluster#uck I created. Brian pulls his wheeler down to us on the other side of the trails. Getting the winch out they get the wheeler on it's wheels, but it's in a spot that we can't just drive down. So they mess around and winch the front of ours down into the trail slowly. Get it in the trail safely and I say screw this thing, I'm not driving it again. Brian goes to pull down and is now stuck. UGH They hook the winch to our and through different angles and such pull his into the trail. We gather our gear and head up the hill. We are sitting are sitting and glassing and me and dad are snacking when my phone lights up with text after text telling us to get to camp because Gerald has his eyes on a monster that's responding to his calls. We all hop in the wheelrs, Emily in the drivers seat, and go barrel assing down the hill. Almost to camp we come to a screeching halt because there's a bull about 80 yards off the trail. We watch him for a while and he turns his head...DAMMIT....he only has one side. I decide to pass on him and we get to camp....
Note to self, don't let John drive... :)

Grant comes into camp and apparently like 20 minutes later Gerald comes barrel assing down the hill saying there's a bull up there. Grant comes over to my truck to wake me up out of my sweet slumber asking me if I want to shoot a bull. I wake up and shake out the cobwebs and realize it's Grant and Gerald spotted a bull. I grab my rifle and don't even have time to brush my hair and head to the group standing near the fire. I'm told there's a giant up there and it'll be an easy walk up the hill from the atv trail and I can shoot cross canyon. The bull is big and feeding and not going anywhere. So, I put my faith and belief in Gerald and we all head out. We park the UTV and Gerald says it's a gentle walk up hill and we'll go as slow as I need to go to get up there. We head up the hill. We come to close to the top of the hill and I'm at a dead stop. Already in pain and out of breath Gerald says it's only a little way up from there. Matt takes one one of the trekking poles I'm using and starts to drag me up the near vertical part of the hill and Gerald pushes me up by the butt. He has soft and gentle hands. We get to a relatively flat spot and everyone gets their binos out. There he is. He's still there. I get my rifle and jack a round and lay over Gerald's pack. I'm having trouble finding him in my scope when someone says he's turning and is going to leave. Someone calls out a range...241 yards...I'm zeroed at 250, so I'll hold dead on him. I find him in my scope and get on his high shoulder and pull the trigger. They say he's going to walk of a stand of pines to the left, so I hold there and he never comes out. Apparently he took about 4 steps and dropped. Holy $hit!!!! I still hate @Gerald Martin for lying to me about the hill coming up, but I love him for finding me a bull. Emily and Brian join us in our area from their vantage points and we all just kind of stand around and shoot the $hit awestruck....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back