DAV moose hunt...WOOHOO!!!!!

JohnCushman

I got the call of a lifetime yesterday morning. I was selected for a DAV moose hunt in Idaho this fall. I can't thank Bryan (@brymoore) for setting me up with IWF and getting me sponsored into this. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. The biggest thing I've killed was a couple of cow elk. This is all new to me and I'm still trying to come to terms with it and starting logistics. We'll be in unit 73. Does anyone have info on the area, such at rutting dates and butchers in the area or anyone who lives near wanting to stop in camp for a beer? Would I be better off hunting the rut or waiting until after deer season? Ugh....so much to think about and take in and plan....

Wow! Excited for you John. I think I would try to hunt the rut if it were me.

Congratulation's on the hunt John, it is well deserved! Don't have any information for you but sure am interested in following your adventure, keep posting!

Very excited for you, looking forward to hearing about your hunt!

I got the call of a lifetime yesterday morning. I was selected for a DAV moose hunt in Idaho this fall. I can't thank Bryan (@brymoore) for setting me up with IWF and getting me sponsored into this. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. The biggest thing I've killed was a couple of cow elk. This is all new to me and I'm still trying to come to terms with it and starting logistics. We'll be in unit 73. Does anyone have info on the area, such at rutting dates and butchers in the area or anyone who lives near wanting to stop in camp for a beer? Would I be better off hunting the rut or waiting until after deer season? Ugh....so much to think about and take in and plan....
That’s so awesome man. Congrats. I know you’ll have a blast!!!

Congrats. I live in unit 73. Let's get in touch, there are some nice moose in the unit. I know you have some mobility issues, one trick will be getting the disabled permit from fish and game so you can use a 4 wheeler.

Also, I see them mostly while deer hunting in October. I'm willing to scout all summer long.

Last edited:
I expect nothing short of a full write up and updates every step of the way! Congrats on one heck of an opportunity. Thank you for your service John.

Thats sweet! IMHO Dress up like a cow and hunt the rut...there will surely be some moose loving on the agenda.......
OH drink plenty of beer first. :eek:)
Hunt Hard!
Best
Ed
The Ghillieman

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover