Colorado deadline

Got the boys and mine in for elk...and we'll all be going fishing in August. Oak was right again.

Got my buddy applying tonight for us as a group. Unit 76 is where we're applying. Not sure exactly how he's doing it but I think he applied 1st choice bull for the PP and second choice cow. Still new to the application process so I'm not 100% sure how it works. I do know we will have a youth in our group which they said generally helps your chances???

Do I need to get the 2013 fishing license or not?

Never happier to be classified as a "resident" than when I drop the apps :) Elk, deer and prongy for +- $130 :) Also put the boy in for a RFW cow hunt and a doe hunt on the Academy.
Now comes the damn wait :)

Now that the deadline has past, how do you guys think the price bump for PPs ultimately will affect things? Guys can talk about cashing out of the game, but it's another thing to do it. I'd be curious how many folks who indicated they would be looking to cash in the PPs for a tag to avoid future increased costs actually did so. I picked myself up another mule deer point for a future high country archery hunt and got my dad another elk point for early muzzleloader. Thankfully, for now anyways, Colorado's OTC elk units provide more than enough quality hunting to keep me occupied.

Now that the deadline has past, how do you guys think the price bump for PPs ultimately will affect things? Guys can talk about cashing out of the game, but it's another thing to do it. I'd be curious how many folks who indicated they would be looking to cash in the PPs for a tag to avoid future increased costs actually did so. I picked myself up another mule deer point for a future high country archery hunt and got my dad another elk point for early muzzleloader. Thankfully, for now anyways, Colorado's OTC elk units provide more than enough quality hunting to keep me occupied.

I've been applying for so long I guess I didn't even notice they went up. How much did they go up?

Sent in my Mt Goat and Sheep apps in march. Priority mail, delivery confirmation with tracking. Mt Goat arrived, check cashed. Sheep app is MIA, was misrouted on 4/2 and that is the last update. Postal service (as most govt orgs) is useless. CDOW told me if stamped by 4/1 and received by 4/11 I will be ok. I'm guessing I'm SOL on the Sheep.

Sent in my Mt Goat and Sheep apps in march. Priority mail, delivery confirmation with tracking. Mt Goat arrived, check cashed. Sheep app is MIA, was misrouted on 4/2 and that is the last update. Postal service (as most govt orgs) is useless. CDOW told me if stamped by 4/1 and received by 4/11 I will be ok. I'm guessing I'm SOL on the Sheep.

If it is found, and you can prove that you mailed it in time, you might be able to get them to give you a pp.

Sorry to hear about the sheep app. Hard to comprehend why Colorado is still requiring the paper apps for Nonresident sheep and goats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back