Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado deadline

I'm in for a quick $800ish

Me - deer, elk, pronghorn, moose

2 boys - deer, elk, pronghorn

3 hunt/small game combos

Then I also need to pick up 3 spring turkey tags in the next few weeks

Just bought the 2013 fishing license that it good for today and tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to get a chance to use it.

What do you guys think about the state of Colorado for non-residents currently? I only apply in 3 states, and have never applied there, nor plan on it this year. I need to do more research for the future.

Is the point creep getting ridiculous?

Are there decent hunts that you can draw with 3-5 points that are worth investing the time and money into? I guess by decent hunts I am referring to something on par or hopefully a little better with what we can find in Idaho with our general tags. (160+ bucks, 300+ bulls) as a rough benchmark.

There's a lot of archery and muzzleloader tags you can draw in good units for as little as 1 or 2 points for deer and elk. The elk OTC tags for rifle and archery get pretty crowded, so getting in to a draw unit is kind of beneficial.

Zim,

You say "states". Plural, what other states do you take issue with?

Maybe CO should have just raised the price and NOT thrown in the fishing license?

The problem with the internet is that nobody knows what they are talking about. :)

What I'm trying to figure out is what I'm going to do with all these "complementary" fishing licenses I'm going to have. I guess I won't get one with my PP only for deer and elk, but when I draw my mountain goat and desert sheep tags I'll end up with two fishing licenses...

I am in for over $970. I am trying for a bull elk tag this year (15 points) and a deer PP. I am not really holding my breath. I get more and more worried every year as my points build. I am always afraid I am going to make a stupid mistake and cost myself a lot of points. Once I draw my CO elk tag I am done with the long point game. I will put in for a few cow hunts and go hunting a lot more often. Best of luck to everybody in the draws.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back