Colorado deadline

Points for elk and deer, I think this is the year for me to get the one nonresident desert sheep tag. I'm up to about 5% odds on Mountain Goat now!

I think this is the year for me to get the one nonresident desert sheep tag. I'm up to about 5% odds on Mountain Goat now!

I would start planning now if I were you, it's practically a lock.
Me, I'm drawing a Utah Henrys buck tag with 5 points.

Points for deer and elk are in for CO. Decided against goat.

A-con, my 13 Henry points better trump yours.:D

I am just putting in for the long shot until I finally get a goat tag. After that, I will put in for an easier draw and be done with UT. Best of luck.

Guess I'll see if 17 points can garner a Unit 61 archery elk tag. If not, there are plenty of other options. Deer is unlikely at 6% with my point level, but need another point for next year, so may as well try.

Don't forget to buy your useless 2013 fishing license by Monday to avoid the new outrageous PP fees.

Randy, looks like we are chasing the same CO elk tag with the same # of points. Doubt it will drop down to us, but I think I read they increased the tag quota this year?

Don't forget to buy your useless 2013 fishing license by Monday to avoid the new outrageous PP fees.

Is applying for tags in Colorado the law of the land? Don't like the fee, don't apply.

Sometimes the answer is that simple :rolleyes:

Is applying for tags in Colorado the law of the land? Don't like the fee, don't apply.

Sometimes the answer is that simple :rolleyes:

Yes and sometimes it would be novel for states to conduct their business with this thing us old timers used to refer to as "ethics". I'm sure you'll find this word plastered all over their state doctrine and statutes. Really hypocritical as most all these states that choose to bend over hunters with this crap have "bait-n-switch" legislation preventing private industry from profiting off such practices. :eek:

Unethical hypocrites.

Last edited:
Yes and sometimes it would be novel for states to conduct their business with this thing us old timers used to refer to as "ethics". Really hypocritical as most all these states that choose to bend over hunters with this crap have "bait-n-switch" legislation preventing private industry from profiting off such practices. :eek:

Unethical hypocrites.

Just curious, what other western states do you apply for?

Yes and sometimes it would be novel for states to conduct their business with this thing us old timers used to refer to as "ethics". I'm sure you'll find this word plastered all over their state doctrine and statutes. Really hypocritical as most all these states that choose to bend over hunters with this crap have "bait-n-switch" legislation preventing private industry from profiting off such practices. :eek:

Unethical hypocrites.

Again you are not forced into applying here. You could chose to take your money elsewhere. Perhaps you should boycott Colorado if it upsets you so much?

To tell a family secret, money is the only thing the CPW cares about

Back