Yeti GOBOX Collection

2023 Colorado Sheep & Goat Results

Objection: a shoulder mount does not do a goat justice. Their amazing white coat is the trophy for that animal, and only a rug or life size does it justice.

Please tell me you had a good reason to leave the hide on the mountain?
I don’t think you are referring to me, but just in case, I tanned my full hide and did a euro for the horns. I’m with you I like them best in their entirety!

Objection: a shoulder mount does not do a goat justice. Their amazing white coat is the trophy for that animal, and only a rug or life size does it justice.

No hide left on the mountain. Just no room to keep a full mount. The back half is hanging on my gun safe and made a gift for my hunting partner with the front hooves. DBD9D65B-6A04-46C4-BB20-E1C438E081EE.jpeg3F82B7E6-0FAE-4AF4-95C4-60ADC023C8EF.jpeg

Much to my great surprise when I told the wife I drew a tag - she said that is great! I surmised she wouldn't give me to much resistance about going to the banquet and we booked one of the rooms. Hopefully they have some female orientated raffle items or auction stuff to keep her interested.

Fortunately for now she hasn't put the whole picture together and asked me about what I am going to do if I shoot a ram of high caliber. I am going to let this one sit until she figures it out, but I am sure we will have a lively conversation once she sees the mounts and such at the banquet.
Get a replica of your ram, have the replica mounted on the hide and then have your skull euro to still be able to hand hold

Get a replica of your ram, have the replica mounted on the hide and then have your skull euro to still be able to hand hold
I looked into that idea last year. I wanted to mount the replica horns with the cape and have the euro to hold. They price by the inch and a replica of my skull would have been over $2000!! I chose to go half life size instead

How would y'all feel if I bought some goat tickets? Bad look if I win? I usually don't buy the tag tickets, but I have a hankering this year for some goat tickets. Odds for sheep and goat are better than normal. Less than 70% of last year's final sales have sold so far, and online sales end May 2.
I could buy a few and save you the hassle of winning. I know I could handle it.....😂

I did a goat euro and a “trapper tan” of the full hide. No regrets.

Been reading specific content on the HT forum for years, but never posted. Congrats to everyone that drew sheep & goat here in CO. I might have been the luckiest one of all, I drew both with 3+7. Archery S9 ram. Archery G5 es. I know both units pretty well and am fortunate enough to live near both. I just wanted to jump in this thread in case I might pickup a little chatter. Best of luck to everyone!

Been reading specific content on the HT forum for years, but never posted. Congrats to everyone that drew sheep & goat here in CO. I might have been the luckiest one of all, I drew both with 3+7. Archery S9 ram. Archery G5 es. I know both units pretty well and am fortunate enough to live near both. I just wanted to jump in this thread in case I might pickup a little chatter. Best of luck to everyone!
Welcome to HT. Congratulations on your tag.

Hot dang come on board swinging! Congrats, make sure you come back around and share how it goes. Im really interested in that G5 archery tag.

Though I'm not in the Colorado moose/goat/sheep draws, I admire the work being done in Colorado for wild sheep. The power of the domestic sheep industry at a national level is in full display in Colorado, as they use their influence to keep domestic sheep in places that are a huge risk to the existing wild sheep herds. One group that is fighting for those sheep is the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society.

If you want to keep the existing sheep herds viable, which helps your draw odds, a donation to Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society is the best donation you can make to that effort.

Link here for membership (member numbers count in advocacy) - https://www.bighornsheep.org/membership/

Link here to buy some raffle tickets (money keeps the lights on) - https://www.bighornsheep.org/raffles/

Did you draw as a nr ?

Did you draw as a nr ?
No, I've lived in S21 for 15-years. Unfortunately S21 doesn't have any archery tags, so I've been applying to S9 because I've helped buddies get rams in that unit over the past decade. For NR this year 143 applied as first choice and the allocated 1 was drawn with 3+10. I've done a ton of activity in G5 just because it's over the hill from me. For NR this year 316 applied as first choice and the allocated 2 were drawn with 3+9 and 3+14.

see the above previous note I posted about what Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society offers in terms of helping the newly minted tag holders get some Intel.

if you’re not yet a member of RMBS, get to it!

my first sheep was in S9 a million years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back