MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado 2nd Draw license lists are posted

Pelican

Lot of great tags got turned back in with 0 consequences to the people turning them back in.

No more turning in tags. You get it you hunt it. Straight up Wyoming style.

Any everyone keeps crying about how they can't draw a tag and point creep. I would LOVE to see a report on who is drawing these tags and then turning them back in and at what point level they are at.

Lots of great tags and zero chance to draw. Isn't age discrimination illegal?
No more age discrimination then what goes on in the first draw. Many of these kids weren't breathing when many of us got our first points. With preference being given to those old enough to have accumulated points in the first draw don't see the issue in giving preference to the scraps for a few kids.takingcandyfromababy4.jpg

No more age discrimination then what goes on in the first draw. Many of these kids weren't breathing when many of us got our first points. With preference being given to those old enough to have accumulated points in the first draw don't see the issue in giving preference to the scraps for a few kids.

MANY of these tags are not “scraps”….they are tags that should have went for several points (and did) and there is literally thousands of them.

A bunch of those tags should be torching someone’s points getting those point holders out of the system. But instead they are allowed to turn them back in and then they go to a secondary draw.

I do have a bit of heartburn with the “dad tags” but my problem mainly lies with the guys turning them back in and getting their points restored and maintaining their place in line. That pisses me off.

Lot of great tags got turned back in with 0 consequences to the people turning them back in.

Any everyone keeps crying about how they can't draw a tag and point creep. I would LOVE to see a report on who is drawing these tags and then turning them back in and at what point level they are at.
Wyoming allows tags to be returned for illness, etc.

Wyoming allows tags to be returned for illness, etc

It is pretty unlikely that the people that are turning these tags back in (within a week of drawing them) are turning them in due to an illness.

It's more likely that they are either:

A: Playing the system.
Or
B: They can't afford the tag.

These snippets alone should speak volumes to people.....

Just comparing it to a few years ago it's amazing the amount of people that are turning tags back in. It's actually ridiculous at this point and it's getting worse every single freaking year.

It's not a lack of tags for R or NR.....It's a lack of a good and responsible plan to get people through the system.

3.JPG

4.JPG

MANY of these tags are not “scraps”….they are tags that should have went for several points (and did) and there is literally thousands of them.

A bunch of those tags should be torching someone’s points getting those point holders out of the system. But instead they are allowed to turn them back in and then they go to a secondary draw.

I do have a bit of heartburn with the “dad tags” but my problem mainly lies with the guys turning them back in and getting their points restored and maintaining their place in line. That pisses me off.
I get that and agree but those are two separate yet related issues. Fix how ridiculously consequence free it is to turn tags back in and I no longer see any issue with youth preference in the secondary. Although I promise you grown men would still complain.

Fix how ridiculously consequence free it is to turn tags back in and I no longer see any issue with youth preference in the secondary.

I agree 100% if you fix the first problem, I think it will take care of the second issue.

Current system its absolutley great to be a kid! You will get great tags 6? Years in a row. Then spend rest of your life trying to get 1...so screwed up. Returns need consequences, i have always approved of WY model : you apply and draw, tag is yours, No $ no point returns! If you cant hunt donate to a vet program.

These snippets alone should speak volumes to people.....

Just comparing it to a few years ago it's amazing the amount of people that are turning tags back in. It's actually ridiculous at this point and it's getting worse every single freaking year.

It's not a lack of tags for R or NR.....It's a lack of a good and responsible plan to get people through the system.

View attachment 280625

View attachment 280626
Three of those 2021 listed tags are in the shortened season, severe winter kill range area of CO. We knew that would happen this year.

Doesn’t mean I disagree with you. But go look at all the Buck tags available 🤯

Wyoming allows tags to be returned for illness, etc.
It is pretty unlikely that the people that are turning these tags back in (within a week of drawing them) are turning them in due to an illness.

It's more likely that they are either:

A: Playing the system.
Or
B: They can't afford the tag.
Wyoming makes you pay up front.

Current system its absolutley great to be a kid! You will get great tags 6? Years in a row. Then spend rest of your life trying to get 1...so screwed up. Returns need consequences, i have always approved of WY model : you apply and draw, tag is yours, No $ no point returns! If you cant hunt donate to a vet program.
Wrong, you can reserve a tag or turn it for a medical or hardship reason. I worked on the legislation to allow it.

Only 2 more years until I can take.... I mean my daughter can take advantage. I am stuck in the why bother because a youth will most certainly get this tag and can't wait a few years until my kid gets a chance at some primo tags. Although at this point there is zero interest from my oldest daughter so by the time my youngest gets there, the system will undoubtedly change.

Three of those 2021 listed tags are in the shortened season, severe winter kill range area of CO. We knew that would happen this year.

Doesn’t mean I disagree with you. But go look at all the Buck tags available 🤯
They also changed the return policy after 2021. Where you can get a refund and your points back, the "surrender deadline" is the name they coined it. One pont folks seem to forget is anyone that returns a tag is now a year behind on preference points from where they were. They don't get this year's point, they just get to keep whatever points they had.

I'm fine with all of the above, and the state makes more money, I assume, off the additional application fees etc. Although it wouldn't shock me if they somehow bumble around and lose money on the additional application fees.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back