COLLEGE Football Is Almost Upon Us

Tom, think he's just disgruntled period. still has yet to name his team or conference. pathetic actually. blows and blows, but doesn't man up when asked.

SEC rules college football and he can't handle it. 7 straight champions pretty much proves that.

did I see or hear somewhere that johnny football has to sit out half a game?

YEE HAW TLC---we are both undefeated----probably meet in NCG! I will buy tickets, you buy booze!

Don't see any assessments of opening weekend from Sages here....???? Of course they all know I am one who think polls should be banned until after 4th weekend!

Anyway, it was nice to start our (the real UT) 117th season of college football with win number 800!

Was that a ducks fan talkin' chit?!?! :confused: Much less a ducks fan in Boise talkin chit about BSU? :eek:

Now that right there folks is comedy. I was on the field both times that we stomped oregon, even in the dreaded "Autzen Zoo" :hump:

I agree that our schedule is always weak and we only ever get 2 good games a year, but you can't deny our BCS conference record. We have lost what, twice to BCS teams in the last 10 years... We don't deserve a shot at the ship, but we ARE typically better than all but maybe 10 teams in college football year in and year out.

yeah, i was.... grew up in eugene and came here and yeah, im bitter about the losses! ok i admit it....

but that game at autzen, we did play our 4th and 5th string QB... Just sayin'...

YEE HAW TLC---we are both undefeated----probably meet in NCG! I will buy tickets, you buy booze!

Don't see any assessments of opening weekend from Sages here....???? Of course they all know I am one who think polls should be banned until after 4th weekend!

Anyway, it was nice to start our (the real UT) 117th season of college football with win number 800!

I don't believe I've ever heard as much pre season/first game guff, huff, puff, and fluff from the media hypers as this year...pro and college. There was a segment last night about Heisman leaders already...and some heads have already annointed Famous Jameus (FSU) as the greatest ever.

Last edited:
yeah, i was.... grew up in eugene and came here and yeah, im bitter about the losses! ok i admit it....

but that game at autzen, we did play our 4th and 5th string QB... Just sayin'...

Come on man! That excuse don't work. We started a freshman quarterback who had never played a down in college football, on the road, in front of 70k!!!! i admit, we were lucky to have kellen.

Come on man! That excuse don't work. We started a freshman quarterback who had never played a down in college football, on the road, in front of 70k!!!! i admit, we were lucky to have kellen.

well i had to come up with something... its the best i could do.:mad:

Ain't no freshman ever been and probably ever be as good as Herschel Walker was!

We must have too many sports channels and announcers....jeez? am I saying that?...with nothing to do but hype!
My favorite from first weekend was idiot "color" announcer at OSU v. MSU....he anal ized that OSU now has its "bona fides" to play for NC because they beat an SEC team! WTF???
Cowboys are preseason picks to win Big 12, Bulldogs are preseason picks to fight for last place in SEC-W and the game was at OSU and they won by 18.......WTF??? That is as dumb as TLC and me expecting to play each other in NC game!!!
BTW, we can get even better odds now for UGA being NC team!

it's not dumb for us to be expecting to play in the No Challenge game.

Ain't no freshman ever been and probably ever be as good as Herschel Walker was!

We must have too many sports channels and announcers....jeez? am I saying that?...with nothing to do but hype!
My favorite from first weekend was idiot "color" announcer at OSU v. MSU....he anal ized that OSU now has its "bona fides" to play for NC because they beat an SEC team! WTF???
Cowboys are preseason picks to win Big 12, Bulldogs are preseason picks to fight for last place in SEC-W and the game was at OSU and they won by 18.......WTF??? That is as dumb as TLC and me expecting to play each other in NC game!!!
BTW, we can get even better odds now for UGA being NC team!

The OSU vs MSU game was not at OSU. It was in Houston at Reliant stadium. OSU just had more fans at the game. Not sure how you figured it was at Boone Pickens Stadium but you are wrong.

I like how you chest thump about SEC until a SEC team loses and suddenly they suck and the win should mean nothing to the team who won. Are you saying some of the SEC teams are not that good? I thought according to you that all SEC teams are great even teams who lose almost every conference game like Tennessee.

Oklahoma State has a much better chance to play in a NC game. They just missed in 2011 and managed to beat Stanford who had the best college QB since Manning.

Tennessee and Illinois have absolutely no chance to play for a NC anytime soon and I doubt Illinois will play for one or play in a BCS type bowl in my lifetime. The Vols will turn it around at some point, they have way too much going for them to be this bad forever. Much like OU in the 90's they will find the right coach at some point.

TLC,
You are not doing yourself any favors with your argument. Everybody knows LSU lost in the 2011 NC game. Everybody knows what conference they are in. You are simply wrong and I have no idea why you continue to claim otherwise.

wyo, in case you haven't noticed, which you prove you haven't by bringing it up, that stuff died a few days back. and since your comprehension skills aren't very good, others thought and or said the same thing. when he used the words, "other than", he screwed up. bama played in the game you are talking about. go away troll. don't need your ignorance bothering me. and you prove your ignorance by saying anything about illinois playing in the NC game since I said they would be lucky to win 1,2, or even 3 games. I also typed NC is the NO CHALLENGE game. apologies for not making it more simple for you to understand.

wyo, SEC loses lots of games....also win lots....You did not address my point about idiot announcers thinking beating ANY SEC team somehow gets you credentials to play in NC game....soooo, I guess you are a W KY fan????
Do you subscribe to my theory of 4 decades ago that when LSU ranked 1 lost to UT, UT lost to Chattanooga and Tenn Tech beat Chatt that my alma mater should have been ranked #1????

TLC, will game be at your place or mine? You supply booze!

I challenge you Tom and raise you one = Big Earl
'Then-Oklahoma Sooners head coach Barry Switzer, who unsuccessfully recruited Campbell, said in his 1989 book that Campbell was the only player he ever saw who could have gone straight from high school to the NFL and immediately become a star!'

Earl
Bo
Herchel
I put all these boys in the same class - 1st class.

wyo, in case you haven't noticed, which you prove you haven't by bringing it up, that stuff died a few days back. and since your comprehension skills aren't very good, others thought and or said the same thing. when he used the words, "other than", he screwed up. bama played in the game you are talking about. go away troll. don't need your ignorance bothering me. and you prove your ignorance by saying anything about illinois playing in the NC game since I said they would be lucky to win 1,2, or even 3 games. I also typed NC is the NO CHALLENGE game. apologies for not making it more simple for you to understand.

You are wrong, point blank. I guess it's not necessary for you to admit it, we all know LSU is a SEC team "other than" Alabama and they lost the 2011 NC. You screwed up by not understanding what was he said, not the other way around. You must not understand how Orion said "technically you are right" as well referring to RH. We all know you are wrong yet you still keep pretending otherwise. Not sure what your problem is but there is definitely a problem. Again you are not doing yourself any favors at this point.

Now I am an dumb ignorant troll who has poor comprehension skills and you are telling me to go away? Didn't realize this was your web site. Is it? Didn't think so.

Road Hunter pegged you. Classic online bully. I see why he won't even respond to your garbage anymore. He made you look like a fool in the process of you calling him all kinds of names while he presented information and facts that I thought were interesting about the SEC.

Feel free to bash Okie State, that's my team.

???? No one has bashed Okie St....in fact I thought they shud have been in NC game a couple years ago....they would have been embarrassed, but I think they deserved the opportunity...maybe they can earn the opportunity this year....maybe play Oregon.....since SEC is gonna beat hell outta each other...

Earl was great, second on my list after Walker! I am probably biased since I have to endure replay after replay of Walker flat out running over future NFL star Bates!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nc2XsimM90

Last edited:

I challenge you Tom and raise you one = Big Earl
'Then-Oklahoma Sooners head coach Barry Switzer, who unsuccessfully recruited Campbell, said in his 1989 book that Campbell was the only player he ever saw who could have gone straight from high school to the NFL and immediately become a star!'

Earl
Bo
Herchel
I put all these boys in the same class - 1st class.

You forgot one person, Bary Sanders!

[QUOTEBut Mack brown in coaching and they will probably lose to OU like they always seem to do][/QUOTE]
OU has a new quarterback who can scramble this year but didn't look that great throwing the ball last week. It could have been nerves since it was his debut but he is young and will make stupid mistakes, so OU is by no means a lock in that one this year. The coaching at OU is not what it used to be either, especially on defense. Venables/Stoops together - some of the best defenses we had. Venables by himself - good to getting worse. Stoops by himself - well lets hope last year wasn't a true indication of what that will be like.

[QUOTEBut Mack brown in coaching and they will probably lose to OU like they always seem to do]
OU has a new quarterback who can scramble this year but didn't look that great throwing the ball last week. It could have been nerves since it was his debut but he is young and will make stupid mistakes, so OU is by no means a lock in that one this year. The coaching at OU is not what it used to be either, especially on defense. Venables/Stoops together - some of the best defenses we had. Venables by himself - good to getting worse. Stoops by himself - well lets hope last year wasn't a true indication of what that will be like.[/QUOTE]

I think the first college game was an experience for the kid. I think he has potential to be great and OU has had a nice run of QB's under Stoops including 2 Heisman's. Stoops is back at DC in Norman and I think he will eventually get it back together,like you said last year wasn't pretty but they still managed to win a bunch of games. Venables seemed to get worse toward the end at OU and sometimes a guy just needs a change of scenery. I could see him getting Clemson into the NC this year.

The guys who really scare me are the new QB's at Texas Tech and Baylor. I really think Baylor is going to have a nice run then next few years and the new Tech QB was impressive in his first game.

Glad to hear there are some other OU fans in MT. My brother and a few of his friends moved up to Bozeman after they graduated from OU. I ran into a few more when I was up a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back