COLLEGE Football Is Almost Upon Us

19 returning starters on a Team that won 9? last year.

Anyone else think Texas has a punchers chance?

Conference is wide open without a favorite this year. As usual Texas has more talent than just about anybody in the country. But Mack brown in coaching and they will probably lose to OU like they always seem to do.

Is this hunt talk or jerry springer?

The only team you need to watch out for is boise state anyway so you both can just save your breath.

Got me a ticket for Saturday, the smurfs are going down.

1239562_10152175580814392_1144648280_n.jpg

Got me a ticket for Saturday, the smurfs are going down.

1239562_10152175580814392_1144648280_n.jpg

woah, that's a steal for those seats, i love your stadium by the way. all of the washington stadiums are bad ass.

buuuuutt your talking to a bronco student here... I gotta pull for bsu but i think it will be a good game. we lost a lot of guys and are even starting a 5' 8" 150lb corner. watch out for our wide receivers though. i'm worried about austin inferior-jenkins or however you spell his name though!

ASJ has a broken pinky and is unlikely to play.

I'm not sure how your 150lb corner is going to match up against 6'2" 215lb Kasen Williams, sounds like there will be help over the top all night long for that kid.

Georgia is a good bet at 16 to 1.

I like Alabama, Would not bet it.

I think you can excude Alabama and bet the next 10 teams and come out ahead. I am not in Vegas or I would bet it.

DAMN! I stay off site for a cuppla days and all hell breaks loose....where is hallway monitor when needed?
So for the SEC,we only play each other! Well, by RH's stats anyway.....wonder if he bothered to compile stats on Non-conference games??
Damn, TLC, I am starting to believe he is a disgruntled UT (the real UT) fan!!!
I don't know why anyone would bet on a Big Ten team----they don't even know how many teams it takes to make 10! At least PAC12 can count!!!
UGA at 16-1 is a pretty good bet....better than betting on Cubs!!!

Last edited:
Boise Sate --->> where are the Potatoe Pickers clamoring about their blue field team and needing a BCS shot?

Anyone mentioned Louisville?

Boise Sate --->> where are the Potatoe Pickers clamoring about their blue field team and needing a BCS shot?

Anyone mentioned Louisville?

most have accepted that their loss tomorrow will take them out of the BCS so they are holding that fight until next year.

anyway, everyone already knows the ducks are going to the NCG.:hump::hump:

DAMN! I stay off site for a cuppla days and all hell breaks loose....where is hallway monitor when needed?
So for the SEC,we only play each other! Well, by RH's stats anyway.....wonder if he bothered to compile stats on Non-conference games??
Damn, TLC, I am starting to believe he is a disgruntled UT (the real UT) fan!!!
I don't know why anyone would bet on a Big Ten team----they don't even know how many teams it takes to make 10! At least PAC12 can count!!!
UGA at 16-1 is a pretty good bet....better than betting on Cubs!!!

Tom,
Just talking back to your bragging about the SEC. Much like you pointing out the last 7 NC's are SEC teams which is a fact my stats are also facts and if you don't agree with what I wrote feel free to point out any mistakes. Looking at the records is somewhat interesting when you see the trends. Here is the info you asked for on OOC records. Here are the teams those 8 played OOC:

Wins
UTEP, Cent Ark, Tulsa, Jack St, Troy St, S. Ala, MTSU, NM St, Ala A&M, Pres, UMass, WFU, SELA, AZSt, UCF, NCSt, GaSt, Akron, Troy St, Kent St, Samford, Jax St, Tulsa, LA Mon (OT)

Losses
Texas, Clemson, LA-Monroe, NW’ern, Syracuse, Louisville, WKU, Rutgers

Well they were an impressive 24-8 in OOC play. Not too shabby I guess. Now while the 24-8 OOC looks good, the 3-6 record against BCS schools doesn’t look at appealing. Especially when those three wins come against teams who combine for a 19-17 record (I removed the game where NCST & WFU played each other). I also have to ask about that 5-2 record against the Sunbelt, especially since anyone who saw that Louisiana-Monroe/Auburn finish in OT saw that it could have gone the other way which easily could have put it 4-3.

Now normally I would not harp on another team’s OOC record - but since the power of the SEC is literally based on the dominance of these teams, one has to seriously question if these teams, and victories over them, should constitute SEC teams being given a 1 shot lead over the field?

As far as Louisville being mentioned, please look at their schedule. I don't care if they go undefeated, they don't deserve to play for a NC. Their conference schedule is extremely weak and the OOC is terrible aside form Kentucky who should be getting better with Stoops coaching. But they did beat Florida last year who were one of the best teams in the SEC. Bridgewater and the addition of Dyer should make them a really good team that should run the table this year in the AAC.

ASJ has a broken pinky and is unlikely to play.

I'm not sure how your 150lb corner is going to match up against 6'2" 215lb Kasen Williams, sounds like there will be help over the top all night long for that kid.

We're talking about Chris Peterson here, he will figure something out. Not as good a team as we have had the past few years and I am less confident than normal. BUT I think it will be close.

I'm just praying it doesn't come down to a FG.

Well, I just hope we didn't get another loser coach like SoCal ( they are not the real USC) now has and some team has as a subordinate.....even tho current coach came from a "loser" Conference.....

Clowney plays tonite..haven't checked the guide to see who can be viewed sans ppv.

most have accepted that their loss tomorrow will take them out of the BCS so they are holding that fight until next year.

anyway, everyone already knows the ducks are going to the NCG.:hump::hump:

Was that a ducks fan talkin' chit?!?! :confused: Much less a ducks fan in Boise talkin chit about BSU? :eek:

Now that right there folks is comedy. I was on the field both times that we stomped oregon, even in the dreaded "Autzen Zoo" :hump:

I agree that our schedule is always weak and we only ever get 2 good games a year, but you can't deny our BCS conference record. We have lost what, twice to BCS teams in the last 10 years... We don't deserve a shot at the ship, but we ARE typically better than all but maybe 10 teams in college football year in and year out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenleafoutfitters
Back