Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

COLLEGE Football Is Almost Upon Us

Ohio State Buckeyes
Buckeyes Off Probation and Ready to Compete for National Title
The good news is Urban Meyer has not quit his job as head football coach at Ohio State for “health reasons”…yet. The bad news is…actually, there is no bad news in Columbus right now. The stench left behind from Jim Tressel’s final days at Ohio State is gone. The new smell is that of Urban Meyer’s “rejuvenated spirit”. After an unbeaten first season in Columbus that resulted in no postseason or Big-10 title thanks to probation, Meyer is ready to lead this program to national title contention.
Now that the Buckeyes are off probation, the Big-10 and college football world had better watch out. Ohio State is talented, experienced, deep and well coached. And if anyone knows a thing or two about competing for a national title, it’s Urban Meyer. After all, he won 2 of them at Florida. Meyer probably won’t be a lifer at Ohio State. After a few years he will get bored or claim he wants to spend more time with his family. But for now, he is firmly entrenched as the head coach of Ohio State and everyone around the country better get used to seeing the Buckeyes win big again.

http://www.collegefootballbetting.net/ohio-state/

You mean away from Bama. The last SEC team other than Bama to play in a NC game lost. The SEC team to win a NC before that is a dumpster fire right now.

Do you think any SEC teams will drop from a top 10 pre season team to a complete disaster like Arky did last year going 4-8?

Do you think Les Miles will grow a set of balls and sit Jeremy Hill or allow his teammates to decide if he gets to play?
I guess being a child molester and assaulting someone is not enough to stop an SEC player from helping their team win a big game yet TCU in going to sit their star player for minor team violations.
Your fellow Tennessee fans seem to dislike this decision.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/climer/2013/08/07/another-fumble-by-lsus-miles/

Jeez RH, did you come in from Mars?
Okay, SEC won't win Coaches' trophy this year! Since six SEC teams are ranked in top 12, they will beat hell outta each other and let OSU and OU walk into NC game....primarily because the talking heads and voters come from outside the Southeast.....you probably still believe that Manning and Majors should have finished second in Heisman

Jeez RH, did you come in from Mars?
Okay, SEC won't win Coaches' trophy this year! Since six SEC teams are ranked in top 12, they will beat hell outta each other and let OSU and OU walk into NC game....primarily because the talking heads and voters come from outside the Southeast.....you probably still believe that Manning and Majors should have finished second in Heisman

Did I say something that wasn't true? Didn't think so. :hump:

Manning? I have no problem with his Heisman. In college I actually saw him play in person once an was really impressed. Not sure what your point was on that. :confused:

I have a problem with ESPN creating the news instead of reporting it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/25/s...ominant-player-its-espn.html?ref=sports&_r=2&

Far beyond televising games, ESPN has become the chief impresario of college football. By infusing the sport with billions of dollars it pays for television rights — more than $10 billion on college football in the last five years alone — ESPN has become both puppet-master and kingmaker, arranging games, setting schedules and bestowing the gift of nationwide exposure on its chosen universities, players and coaches.

Ducks and Bama..... Ohio state has a pretty easy road ahead of them as well but i think if the ducks beat Stanford they will bump past ohio state. of course im assuming they all 3 go undefeated.

Auburn beat oregon not too many years ago.

I predict NO One in SEC goes undefeated! Does that disqualify the SEC from the NC game if, for example, OSU and OU and Southern IL and Southern MS and Yale and BYU go undefeated???

Really. You must have a short memory.

No doubt I do but I remember Auburn playing in the NC game and winning it 3 years ago and I believe Florida won it the year before that and LSU won it the year before that ,right after Florida won it the year before. I could be wrong, feel free to set me straight.:)

No doubt I do but I remember Auburn playing in the NC game and winning it 3 years ago and I believe Florida won it the year before that and LSU won it the year before that ,right after Florida won it the year before. I could be wrong, feel free to set me straight.:)

I'll give you a hint. Who did Bama play 2 years ago?

That is the last SEC team other than Bama to play in a NC game. They lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back