COLLEGE Football Is Almost Upon Us

"Who was the last SEC team to play in the NC other than Bama?"

I'll give you a hint. Who did Bama play 2 years ago?

That is the last SEC team other than Bama to play in a NC game. They lost.

so, according to your logic, bama wasn't playing for the national championship when they played LSU? BRILLIANT!!!

they PLAYED bama that year. so how are they the last SEC team to play and lose other than bama? you SEC haters will grasp at anything. SEC has won the last what, 7 titles. and you want to say an SEC team lost the championship. to another SEC team. who won the championship. and this is coming from a fighting illini/big ten fan. as we say on another board. DUMBASS!!!

2002 Ohio State 14-0 Fiesta: Beat Miami, Fla. 31-24 (2 ot) Jim Tressel

2003 LSU (National Champs) USC (#1 in AP Poll)

13-1
12-1

Sugar: Beat Oklahoma 21-14
Rose: Beat Michigan 28-14

Nick Saban
Pete Carroll

#-2004 USC 13-0 Orange: Beat Oklahoma 55-19 Pete Carroll

#-2005 Texas 13-0 Rose: Beat USC 41-38 Mack Brown

2006 Florida 13-1 BCS Championship Game Beat Ohio State 41-14 Urban Meyer

2007 LSU 12-2 BCS Championship Game Beat Ohio State 38-24 Les Miles

2008 Florida 13-1 BCS Championship Game Beat Oklahoma 24-14 Urban Meyer

2009 Alabama 14-0 BCS Championship Game: Beat Texas 37-21 Nick Saban

2010 Auburn 14-0 BCS Championship Game: Beat Oregon 22-19 Gene Chizik

2011 Alabama 12-1 BCS Championship Game: Beat LSU 21-0 Nick Saban

2012 Alabama 13-1 BCS Championship Game: Beat Notre Dame 42-14 Nick Saban

Last edited:
TLC,
According to my logic Bama and LSU were playing in a NC game. If you disagree please explain. It's not that hard to figure out. Just think about it real slow and you will eventually get it.

Dumbass? Another internet tough guy who hides behind his computer calling people names like a child. Impressive.

Even funnier coming from an Illinois fan. When was the last time Illinois was good at football?

TLC,
According to my logic Bama and LSU were playing in a NC game. If you disagree please explain. It's not that hard to figure out. Just think about it real slow and you will eventually get it.

Dumbass? Another internet tough guy who hides behind his computer calling people names like a child. Impressive.

Even funnier coming from an Illinois fan. When was the last time Illinois was good at football?

no, your logic was that LSU was the only team playing for the national championship. your words, and I quote, "OTHER than bama". an intelligent person knows that means according to you ONLY LSU was playing for the championship. don't need to practice your thinking practices of thinking slow. can do it in real time and realize you are clueless. " That is the last SEC team other than Bama to play in a NC game." so, explain your logic, if you can, how bama was NOT playing for the championship.

tough guy has nothing to do with the internet. would tell you you are a dumbass to your face.

why is it funny? because I'm not a fair weather fan? cubs fan, bears fan, bulls fan(when I watch basketball), fighting illini fan, and of course, the Stanley Cup winning Blackhawks. illini football good? have to go back to the Tony Eason and Jeff George days. thinking that was 1984?

you sir, are a dumbass. would be a darwin nominee, but you didn't get physically hurt. not sure about the mental part.

NHY, he still won't understand what he said.

What was the Last SEC football team to lose a National Championship?

Answer:

An SEC team has never lost the title game during the BCS era.

The closest equivalent you have to go back to 1995 when the #1 Nebraska Cornhuskers crushed the #2 Florida Gators in the Fiesta Bowl to win the National Title.

LSU is a SEC team. That is a fact.

LSU is not Bama. That is a fact.

LSU was the last SEC team to lose in the NC game. That is a fact.

Bama and LSU played in the 2011 NC game. That is a fact.

Thus LSU is the last SEC team other than Bama to play in a NC game and they lost. That is a fact.

Glad we cleared that up.

Keep calling me names and insulting my intelligence. I think it is quote funny to watch you act like a child on the internet. It's also funny that you keep digging your hole deeper instead of admitting you are wrong. Reading comprehension is essential. You seem angry, might want to try relaxing a bit, this is not that serious of a subject. Season starts in a few short days, lighten up.

Even NHY and Spook get it, that is why they are not arguing. You not so much.

How is Illinois looking this year?

LSU is a SEC team. That is a fact. you looked that up, didn't you?

LSU is not Bama. That is a fact. ok, you are getting help from someone.

LSU was the last SEC team to lose in the NC game. That is a fact. true.

Bama and LSU played in the 2011 NC game. That is a fact. dang, you are getting good at this.

Thus LSU is the last SEC team other than Bama to play in a NC game and they lost. That is a fact. and this is where the stupidity rolls in. bama played in that championship game. so, LSU is NOT the last SEC team to play in the NC game OTHER THAN bama.

Glad we cleared that up. is the fog there on a continual basis? or does it come and go?

Keep calling me names and insulting my intelligence. I think it is quote funny to watch you act like a child on the internet. It's also funny that you keep digging your hole deeper instead of admitting you are wrong. Reading comprehension is essential. You seem angry, might want to try relaxing a bit, this is not that serious of a subject. Season starts in a few short days, lighten up.

Even NHY and Spook get it, that is why they are not arguing. You not so much.

How is Illinois looking this year?

"Who was the last SEC team to play in the NC other than Bama?"

well. since bama played in the game you are referencing, we have to go back to 2010 when auburn played in the national championship game. they were the last SEC team that played in the NC game OTHER THAN bama since bama was involved in that game. maybe if you were as smart as you think you are, you would stop using the words, other than. have serious doubts you will understand that.

FYI, it's not an insult if it's true. some freebie advice.

comprehension is important. maybe you should look into evelyn wood training?

not going to speak for NHY or spook. but, they DO obviously get it. shame you don't understand what they are saying with their words and pictures.

as far as illini. predicting they will be undefeated after their first game. might even win 1-2 more after that. then again, they might challenge last years record.

and since you don't do anything on these college football threads besides bad mouth the SEC, who is your team/conference?

TLC,

LSU is in the SEC. LSU is not Bama. LSU played in the 2011 NC game. LSU lost. It's that simple.

LSU 20111 Schedule - Last Game
ALLSTATE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Mon, Jan 9 vs #2 Alabama*
L
21-0
13-1 (8-0)

I have laid out as simple as I possibly can. Obviously you do not want to admit you are wrong. That is fine. Anybody who can read knows the answer.

Thanks for providing the free entertainment today for all that took the time to read this thread.

I'm done with this one, you take this way too seriously and I don't enjoy the immature name calling and personal trash talk that you can't seem to control when you are online. Adult conversations are much more enjoyable from my perspective. Have a great day and good luck to your Illinois squad this season.

NHY and Spook, I apologize for dragging your names into this. Please understand I never said or implied you were "dumb ass's". That's not my style.

No sweat roadhunter....it's only a game and only the innanet. Tennessee Tom likes to gloat a little about the SEC...but who can blame him....

Usc?

Thinking about making a 40 dollar bet on USC to win the national title.They are getting between 40-1 and 50-1 odds right now. Not a USC fan at all and I think they may be able to run the table in the Pac-12. Should start 4 and 0 and have big games at solid Arizona State a weakened Notre Dame, and a solid Oregon State. They get Stanford at home late in the year as a make or break game and no Oregon currently on their schedule. Could be 13-0 at the end of the regular season. Entire team is solid not unbelievable but solid....They have a very easy road ahead of them. Not bad for a 50-1 team....?

Also, Georgia at 16-1 could be a solid 40 dollar bet. Aaron Murray Best Quarterback in the nation???

Thinking about making a 40 dollar bet on USC to win the national title.They are getting between 40-1 and 50-1 odds right now. Not a USC fan at all and I think they may be able to run the table in the Pac-12. Should start 4 and 0 and have big games at solid Arizona State a weakened Notre Dame, and a solid Oregon State. They get Stanford at home late in the year as a make or break game and no Oregon currently on their schedule. Could be 13-0 at the end of the regular season. Entire team is solid not unbelievable but solid....They have a very easy road ahead of them. Not bad for a 50-1 team....?

Also, Georgia at 16-1 could be a solid 40 dollar bet. Aaron Murray Best Quarterback in the nation???

I'm not sure Kiffen can be trusted tough. Georgia has a really good team but they have to get by South Carolina and Fla then whoever comes out of the West,no small feat. But for $ 40 those aren't bad picks at all.

National title??? i think if they go undefeated they still probably wont make it. Just my opinion. a whole lot of stars would have to align! But hell..... i say make the bet! im a gamblin man!

TLC,

LSU is in the SEC. LSU is not Bama. LSU played in the 2011 NC game. LSU lost. It's that simple.

LSU 20111 Schedule - Last Game
ALLSTATE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Mon, Jan 9 vs #2 Alabama*
L
21-0
13-1 (8-0)

I have laid out as simple as I possibly can. Obviously you do not want to admit you are wrong. That is fine. Anybody who can read knows the answer.

Thanks for providing the free entertainment today for all that took the time to read this thread.

I'm done with this one, you take this way too seriously and I don't enjoy the immature name calling and personal trash talk that you can't seem to control when you are online. Adult conversations are much more enjoyable from my perspective. Have a great day and good luck to your Illinois squad this season.

NHY and Spook, I apologize for dragging your names into this. Please understand I never said or implied you were "dumb ass's". That's not my style.

im not going to get in the middle of all this but if you read back before the 'he said-she said' posts, i did mention Auburn beating Oregon. I really think you did word it to make us all believe that you were talking about a game that bama wasnt in. 'technically' you are correct, but its a pretty poor way of explaining your point.

ok, lets put this behind us.... Go Ducks!!!!

'technically' you are correct.

Glad you get it.

I'd love to see Oregon play for a NC. They have been so close, just gotta beat Stanford. I like the high scoring offenses such as Oregon, Boise, and several of the Big 12 teams. The games are much more exciting to watch.

Here is a little more info about the SEC and their dominance.

Last year the bottom 8 teams were 0-30 against the top 6. In addition to the top six SEC teams being 30-0 against the other 8 teams who had a combined overall record of 43-56 (17-47), they were 9-9 against each other. The biggest sham in the comparison of the SEC schedule is who they play. Yes that is 18 total games between the top six teams in the conference . This is the record of the top six teams last year vs. teams with winning conference records (teams they play cross division are in parenthesis, followed by any OOC BCS teams).

FL 3-1 (2-0) FSU

USC 1-2 (0-1), Clemson

GA 1-1 (0-0) GTech

LSU 2-2 (1-1) none

Ala 1-1 (0-0) Mich

A&M 1-2 (0-1) none

So with losing records versus the top teams, and only 2-3 apiece, essentially the SEC teams are earning their cred by beating the bottom feeders in their conference, you know the ones that went 0-30 against them (except for LSU and Florida). This isn’t a fluke BTW, with the exception of Florida and LSU (primarily because they play each other every year), the winner of each SEC division is largely a product of schedule. It is not a coincidence that the rise of Alabama correlated with the fall of Tennessee. Or that Georgia and Auburn are rarely good in the same year.

Now back to the bottom 8. I bring these up because the records show that Alabama and Georgia, the two division winners, went 1-1 each against the “good teams.” Therefore we
must examine the rest of the teams they beat to determine if they deserve the one shot lead over the field they get. Now I know the 0-30 record is bad, but those teams, at least last year, were actually worse than the 0-30 record says they were. Why? Well

2 teams were 0-8 in conference (UK, AUB) 0-16

2 more teams combine for 3 conference wins, all against the 2 winless teams (TN, Ark) 3-13

2 more teams whose only wins came from the two categories above (Miss St, Mizz) 6-8

2 last teams who only beat the above. (Vandy, Ole Miss*) 8-8

Only one win from the entire eight teams listed above was from a team with a worse record beating a team with a better record (Ole Miss over Miss St). Every other win essentially boiled down to a game where two bad teams played and someone had to win.

It's time for someone to beat the SEC in a NC game. Oregon and Ohio St have as good a chance as anybody. Nebraska also has an extremely easy schedule with 4 OOC games all at home against 3 cupcakes and UCLA along with 1 tough conference game against Michigan. They miss tOSU and Wisky so it's about as easy as it can get for a Big 10 team although it's doubtful they could beat tOSU in the CC and any SEC team in the NC.

"I really think you did word it to make us all believe that you were talking about a game that bama wasnt in. 'technically' you are correct, but its a pretty poor way of explaining your point."

"maybe if you were as smart as you think you are, you would stop using the words, other than. have serious doubts you will understand that."

Orion gets. you still don't.

Glad you get it.

I'd love to see Oregon play for a NC. They have been so close, just gotta beat Stanford. I like the high scoring offenses such as Oregon, Boise, and several of the Big 12 teams. The games are much more exciting to watch.

Here is a little more info about the SEC and their dominance.

Last year the bottom 8 teams were 0-30 against the top 6. In addition to the top six SEC teams being 30-0 against the other 8 teams who had a combined overall record of 43-56 (17-47), they were 9-9 against each other. The biggest sham in the comparison of the SEC schedule is who they play. Yes that is 18 total games between the top six teams in the conference . This is the record of the top six teams last year vs. teams with winning conference records (teams they play cross division are in parenthesis, followed by any OOC BCS teams).

FL 3-1 (2-0) FSU

USC 1-2 (0-1), Clemson

GA 1-1 (0-0) GTech

LSU 2-2 (1-1) none

Ala 1-1 (0-0) Mich

A&M 1-2 (0-1) none

So with losing records versus the top teams, and only 2-3 apiece, essentially the SEC teams are earning their cred by beating the bottom feeders in their conference, you know the ones that went 0-30 against them (except for LSU and Florida). This isn’t a fluke BTW, with the exception of Florida and LSU (primarily because they play each other every year), the winner of each SEC division is largely a product of schedule. It is not a coincidence that the rise of Alabama correlated with the fall of Tennessee. Or that Georgia and Auburn are rarely good in the same year.

Now back to the bottom 8. I bring these up because the records show that Alabama and Georgia, the two division winners, went 1-1 each against the “good teams.” Therefore we
must examine the rest of the teams they beat to determine if they deserve the one shot lead over the field they get. Now I know the 0-30 record is bad, but those teams, at least last year, were actually worse than the 0-30 record says they were. Why? Well

2 teams were 0-8 in conference (UK, AUB) 0-16

2 more teams combine for 3 conference wins, all against the 2 winless teams (TN, Ark) 3-13

2 more teams whose only wins came from the two categories above (Miss St, Mizz) 6-8

2 last teams who only beat the above. (Vandy, Ole Miss*) 8-8

Only one win from the entire eight teams listed above was from a team with a worse record beating a team with a better record (Ole Miss over Miss St). Every other win essentially boiled down to a game where two bad teams played and someone had to win.

It's time for someone to beat the SEC in a NC game. Oregon and Ohio St have as good a chance as anybody. Nebraska also has an extremely easy schedule with 4 OOC games all at home against 3 cupcakes and UCLA along with 1 tough conference game against Michigan. They miss tOSU and Wisky so it's about as easy as it can get for a Big 10 team although it's doubtful they could beat tOSU in the CC and any SEC team in the NC.

you can this same crap about any conference out there. and it's the same in all the sports. so except for showing more of your anti SEC emotions, what's your point?

and when are you going to man up and tell us who your conference and team is?

TLC,

You don't want to have an adult discussion where you actually use facts to make a point you just want to call names and make negative personal comments about my intelligence or manhood because you are mad that I proved you wrong and other posters have confirmed that I am right. I have no need to engage in childish internet fights with you, call you names, or insult your as a person. It doesn't make me feel better to belittle other people while I hide behind my computer screen pretending to be an internet tough guy. Please feel free to not respond to my posts. I will gladly do the same for you. Have a great day.

I really think you did word it to make us all believe that you were talking about a game that bama wasnt in. 'technically' you are correct, but its a pretty poor way of explaining your point.

so much for you being right. and as I said before, would say the same to your face. you ever going to say who your team is? our the conference you root for? or are you just going to hide behind your computer bad mouthing the top football conference in the country? guessing hide is the correct answer since you have been asked before, and have yet to answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back