Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Christmas Finally!

Lawnboy

Well after waiting 2 months I finally got my Christmas present. I got a pair of Kenetrek mountain extremes. All of the local stores were out of my size around Christmas and were waiting for more from Kenetrek. I ended up ordering right from the factory. They just finally received their shipment from Italy so I got my boots. They sure feel good now. They don't feel like they will be all that hard to break in.

As Fin knows, I'm about as cheap as they get and so this is big leap for me. They should feel a lot more stable than the Vasque mid heights that I used on my Dall sheep hunt:rolleyes: I still love those boots but these are suited better for that type of terrain.

Now all Fin needs to convince me of getting is a real Camelback brand water bladder rather than the Walmart version.;) I'll let him fill you in on that story.

Spring Bear here I come.

Nice nice!

Did you find your size in their boot to be pretty comparable to your size in regular shoes???

I'm always fearful of buying boots online without trying them on first.....

WYO- The sizes run quite true, mine's the same as my tenny boppers.

Lawnboy- Just what worked for me, but I put a pair of SOLE heat moldable insoles that made mine much more comfortable. IMO, the insoles they put in them are worse than a joke. Especially since they sell SOLE and Superfeet... :rolleyes:

You are a lucky guy Lawnboy. I ordered mine last week and the factory told me I could expect an early May delivery:eek:

Glad to hear the recession isnt hurting everyones business...

I'm really excited about them. I ordered an 11 which is something I've never done before, so for me they ran just a touch smaller than normal. I didn't want to spend that kind of money and have my toe nails coming off on the steep stuff.

Wyo If you order from the factory you can exchange them as long as you don't wear them outside. Seems to me that a lot of places are carrying them now though. You should be able to try some on somewhere.

Mdhunter it was torture waiting for them but maybe with this big shipment they got in they can get yours out sooner.

I'll have to admit that I'm not real picky with my boots. I usually wear whatever closeout boot I can find cheap. These should and really feel like cadillacs and I don't expect them to disappoint.

Now I won't have to hear Fin critique my el cheapo boots on our hunts;)

I'm really excited about them. I ordered an 11 which is something I've never done before, so for me they ran just a touch smaller than normal. I didn't want to spend that kind of money and have my toe nails coming off on the steep stuff.

Wyo If you order from the factory you can exchange them as long as you don't wear them outside. Seems to me that a lot of places are carrying them now though. You should be able to try some on somewhere.

Mdhunter it was torture waiting for them but maybe with this big shipment they got in they can get yours out sooner.

I'll have to admit that I'm not real picky with my boots. I usually wear whatever closeout boot I can find cheap. These should and really feel like cadillacs and I don't expect them to disappoint.

Now I won't have to hear Fin critique my el cheapo boots on our hunts;)
Fin making fun of cheaop boots reminds me of a duck hunt I whent on with a buddy this fall.We had a flat 1 1/2 mile hike to get back into a slough my friend and I each where carring decoy bags and waders aso in the decoy bag.About a 1/2 mile in my buddy was limping badly so I asked him if he was alright he said no his foot was killing him because of his boot.I asked him what kinda boots he had his reply was I dont know but I got hem through sportsmen guide.I have never laughed so hard out in the field esspecially after he kept one foot in a boot and barefooted the otherone the rest of the way.

Ernesto, I don't know when your coming back next but Ben is becoming a dealer for them and just ordered a bunch so you can try them on at his shop. I am getting me a pair.

Kevin,
Yeah I heard and ordered some from him. Can't beat those prices.

I miss all the buddy discounts in Wyoming. Never paid retail for tires, mounts, binoculars, etc.

I'll be back first week of May to get my new kicks!

I can' t promise you will kill more animals, or bigger animals, but I can assure you that your feet will benefit greatly from a pair of Kennetrek boots. I have tried many types/brands of boots, and after two hundred hunting days in this pair of boots, I am very impressed.

If these boots weren't in such high demand, I could try to talk them into some sort of "OYOA-Hunt Talker" discount, but that is a hard proposition when they are selling them faster than they can make them.

If you order from them, let them know you are a OYOA guy.

Ah dangit Fin I was hoping that they would finally help me kill bigger animals:D I can't wait for another one of those "lock in the hubs" hills to try these out on. My brother called from Alaska and was asking if I was coming up again for a sheep hunt. I better get them and the the wife broke in. I guess she's going on a cruise if I go up there.:(

What do you guys think of the new Mountain Guide boot? Anyone see them in person yet? Looks like a tough boot.

http://www.kenetrek.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KE-420-G4

KE-420-G4.jpg

I saw them at the Shot show. They definitely aren't as refined looking or feeling as the leather ones. They do feel like having spray on truck liner on your boots. Not having tried them on I can't comment on how comfortable they are.

Haven't seen 'em yet, but they look like they'd be tough as nails. I'm wondering if the coating makes them too stiff for most pursuits. Looks like they'd be a good compromise between leather and a plastic boot for goats/sheep/nutty rough terrain.

Oak: I looked at a pair last weekend during RMEF Elk Camp. They were not real heavy in weight and appeared to be good quality.

Last edited:
I checked them out at the Expo. They do seem to be tough but I couldn't see how that coating could remain flexible like the leather and not chip off. Also wondered how one would care for the leather underneath the coating. It'd be nice to talk to a rep about before purchasing.

Geez you guys. Just buy some Rocky Cornstalkers with 1200 grams of Thinsulate and be done with your bootie bickering.

You have no idea how many people I've hunted with that thought exactly along those lines.

Man i ordered some MOUNTAIN EXTREME NON-INS and i have to say that they are the most Comfortable boots that i have ever owned, these things are great.i ordered them on a monday and got them on thursday the next week i guess they dont have much of a wait if you order size 14...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cercek
Back