Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cheer me up boys…

@Hunting Wife ,I view my ACL repair as the badge of a vigorous life. Be careful w the other knee while this one gets repaired and rehabbed, it has to bear almost twice the load. You don't want to get both fixed, that's just @noharleyyet excess. ACL repair is not just for bipeds, you know.
Bella leaves.JPG

Last edited:
My surgeon assured me that he had done the same surgery on several college football players and they all played the next season. I reminded him that I'm not a college athlete and I injured myself standing still.
And that is exactly why my coaches were always screaming, "keep your #@**#% feet moving."

No knee issues, but I shattered my ankle on a portage in Quetico Provincial Park a couple years ago. 2 surgeries, 3 plates and 16 screws in my right ankle. Now it's probably as good as it's going to get, which ends up being about good enough for the things I like to do. It's easy to get discouraged and you'll have some bad days...but keep your head up and stick with the PT. I'm confident you'll be back out there when you're able! Best wishes to you!

You know what makes compound interest so good? Time. Incremental time.

Same thing with recovery and rehab. Every day, you will get a few "cents" of interest better. Doesn't seem like much, but it is all additive and before long, you will notice significant progress.

Tough news, but not entirely unexpected I guess. Could have been worse (run over by a bus?). I'm sure you'll find some way to get out and do something this fall. You don't strike me as a crossword or jigsaw puzzle kinda gal. Hang in there.

@HW which tendon are they going to use to repair it, Patellar or hammy?
We discussed patellar, but he said the recovery would be longer, more painful, and less advantage for the autograft in an older person than a 20-something athlete. So going with allograft in my case. (That’s cadaver spare parts for the uninitiated.)

Back