1. If I just had a little better
    1. truck
    2. shotgun
    3. rifle
    4. bow
    5. tent
  2. More attention
  3. Fill in the blanks.
Might as well have fun. All, of course, in jest, just feel better.

Exactly what our daughter did to herself. My advice after seeing what she went through? GET IT DONE ASAP!!!!! She got put off by work comp and it is making rehab more difficult and longer to heal. It should have been done right away according to the first doc but they pushed her off and delayed it for a couple months or more. Now it's going slow for her. Sounds like you won't be doing too much this fall. Sorry. 😞

Adrian Peterson ran for over 2,000 yards and won the MVP the season after his ACL and
You Can Do It Too Liam Scott Edwards GIF - You Can Do It Too Liam Scott Edwards Ace Trainer Liam GIFs

Now you know...get it behind you.
This ---and---

Nobody knows your body, your limitations , your strengths and what you can do or not do ( or should not do ) better than you and your doctor/therapist . Listen to them AND yourself !

Dont rush it. If you miss one hunting season, so be it. Get well and enjoy all your future hunting seasons. If your unable to hunt this year, turn that negative into a positive and do something else you always wanted to do, but never had the time. Learn to play a musical instrument (or another one), paint, refurbish an old firearm--------

Whatever you do take full advantage of being hurt and needing your husbands help around the house. Perfect time to get all those "honey=do's" done, as having them done will make you feel better ;)

As always my thoughts, best wishes and prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery

My bad…

View attachment 230546
Edit: I feel compelled to apologize to @MNElkNut for the turn this has taken.
Heck no! No apology needed. If you even started to crack a smile, it is well worth it. After all, the title of the thread is "Cheer me up, Boys!"

Dang, I was hoping that ACL wasn't torn. There goes your chance to play for the Vikings this year. So, so close. On the bright side, I think I called all of your tags first, so have Hunting Husband give me a call and we will get planning. We will take pictures to send you as your are recovering and we are out having fun. I am thinking the man version of Thelma and Louise without driving our truck off the cliff.

Adrian Peterson ran for over 2,000 yards and won the MVP the season after his ACL and
You Can Do It Too Liam Scott Edwards GIF - You Can Do It Too Liam Scott Edwards Ace Trainer Liam GIFs

My wife was an above average athlete (D1 scholarship offers for bball and vball) and had her best high school season after surgery and rehab for ACL tear. Said her knees felt amazing after the PT.
Edited to add: she also had her best 400m time and went to state. Never beat it again.

Following the rehab schedule and continuing it at home is the biggest thing I see on any sort of surgery or injury on tendons or ligaments with family and friends. My mom is 72 and has had both knees replaced. She still walks 3-4 miles a day.

Last edited:
Well, at least it’s not a mystery anymore. Nothing worse than the dread that comes with not knowing. I hope the docs can get you fixed up proper and that the workers comp process is surprisingly easy to navigate.

On the bright side, I think I called all of your tags first, so have Hunting Husband give me a call and we will get planning. We will take pictures to send you as your are recovering and we are out having fun.
On the actual bright side, I didn’t draw any this year 🤣 Sorry.

Contemplating how to execute a series of drive-bys on sharpies 🤔

Got any spots where you can pass shoot a pheasant? Doves maybe?

Update on my son is there is some fluid on his knee but he is walking much better. Doc thought it was structurally probably ok (no MRI yet), but may have sprained his MCL.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back