Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cheer me up boys…

Drumroll please…

Complete ACL with moderate meniscus tear. Not what I had hoped to hear.
Damn.
Any one got Rogans Doc's #? I mean it is HW we're talking here.
They can do wonders with ACL work these days. Old cowboy Jack had a horse go down on his leg a few years ago and the break took longer than the ACL rebuild. He's 75 and rides everyday again. He does have a hitch tho,but that could be part costume like the stovepipe boots in red and the silk bandana.

Still positive thoughts your way lady!

Damn, so sorry to hear this. Are you able to move around well enough now and get surgery after hunting season?
I can move around ok on flat ground but I don’t trust it on anything steep, rocky, sidehilly, badger-holey. Even being careful, I get a zing every once in a while if I just move wrong.

Plus I’m not sure how having it be a work injury plays into that timeline. I’m on light duty until it’s resolved, so my employer might not be too keen.

Out of context Hunting Husband may have a issue with you talking about a young man’s resilient springy hardware. Lol.
I was wondering if I was the only one who had an immature laugh at that…
My bad…

F1AF4728-216B-4377-8448-D3CCBCA88FA9.jpeg
Edit: I feel compelled to apologize to @MNElkNut for the turn this has taken.

I can move around ok on flat ground but I don’t trust it on anything steep, rocky, sidehilly, badger-holey. Even being careful, I get a zing every once in a while if I just move wrong.

Plus I’m not sure how having it be a work injury plays into that timeline. I’m on light duty until it’s resolved, so my employer might not be too keen.
Whatever you do get the best you can and take the time rehabilitate is perfectly.

Your employer better be keen, however. It was on his or hers watch. Besides, you will not be easily replaced.

Find the best doc you can. Ask around e everywhere. If you know any PT people, maybe they know the best knife people. Or ask for a referral or do a self referral to Mayo. Seriously. A friend did that a couple of years ago.

Anyway, at the very least, you've got a heck of a lot of supporters here (and we all have sharp pocket knives :) ).

Time frame for me I had mine done April 30 I started golfing September and elk hunted early September. It didn’t feel great elk hunting but I packed 2 elk in September that year. It didn’t start feeling “good” until about the 1 year mark when I quit thinking about it. But I was not the best about my physical therapy and exercises I tried to do after work. I would get it done asap and get to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back