Cheer me up boys…

If it feels a bit unstable like your knee sometimes wants to buckle sideways then that is what I felt when I tore my ACL. Glad you were able to have some fun.

I tried some squats yesterday. It went well enough. Figured I'd start at 20 but went to 40 easy enough. Two more reps of forty later in the evening. I had my hands on knees and the popping and grinding I could feel in the right one that was damaged during recent fall off/into the step ladder was kinda spooky. But no pain and appear to have full strength. My horse rolled on that knee back in '84 and smashed it badly. Just finished putting shoes on her for hunting season and decided to go for a ride. She didn't care for the change in routine. Swelling was on par with HH's but I still managed to shoot a bull elk and two bucks later that fall. Great physiotherapist and remarkable genetics. If I can do it you can do it too!

View attachment 228052

Work kicked my ass today. Tweaked my knee at work a couple of weeks ago, saw the doc and he couldn’t find anything but it hasn’t felt quite right since. Been kind of babying it hoping for the best. Today I’m not sure what happened. I stepped funny I guess. Big pop, excruciating pain low medial, can’t bear weight on it at all, can’t bend or straighten. Lots of swelling in there of course. RICEing it until my appointment tomorrow afternoon, but I have a bad feeling about my hunting season. 😭

Guessing there’s a surgery in my future. Anyone had a knee surgery in their 40’s? How’d it go?
This is great news

for very action there is a re-action !

A new wine label will be on the market soon;)

Listen to your doctor and choose a cute therapist :)

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery !

p..s not in my 40's but in my 60's and since that was almost 30 years ago, from memory it went well

HW, when are you seeing orthopedist? At least they could aspirate some fluid and make it less painful and improve range of motion. It drives me absolutely nuts how long things take to get done now. Just not OK.
That's what I was thinking. At work I turned and ran into a steel form stake with my knee. The next morning my knee was swollen huge and I couldn't walk on it. Went to town and had it drained and the relief was immediate. I think it was just a bursa, not as bad as what your going through, but removing that fluid sure made a difference.

HW, when are you seeing orthopedist? At least they could aspirate some fluid and make it less painful and improve range of motion. It drives me absolutely nuts how long things take to get done now. Just not OK.
Excellent question. When Worker’s Comp says I can, I guess? 🤷🏻‍♀️ It was all submitted for approval on Friday, so we’ll see.

I went crutchless at the office today, with mixed results. The swelling seems to have lessened some more, but the pain has become sharper and more focused medially. Probably where my actual issue is. I had planned 5 minutes of slow walking on the elliptical this afternoon but by the end of the day that seemed unwise. So I came home and did a few simple stretches, calf raises, and just actual proper standing for a few minutes. It’s loosening up, slowly. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully a call from one of the three referrals that were submitted 🤞🏼

@Europe wine labels ordered 😁🍷

View attachment 228052

Work kicked my ass today. Tweaked my knee at work a couple of weeks ago, saw the doc and he couldn’t find anything but it hasn’t felt quite right since. Been kind of babying it hoping for the best. Today I’m not sure what happened. I stepped funny I guess. Big pop, excruciating pain low medial, can’t bear weight on it at all, can’t bend or straighten. Lots of swelling in there of course. RICEing it until my appointment tomorrow afternoon, but I have a bad feeling about my hunting season. 😭

Guessing there’s a surgery in my future. Anyone had a knee surgery in their 40’s? How’d it go?
5 scoping on both knees and total replacement on the left. Rehab as often as you can if you have surgery and follow the doctors instructions.
I went turkey hunting 2 months after my replacement. I had to lean on my abilities to call the birds in and not go running and gunning.
You'll do fine. Knees are much easier then shoulders, I know.

Last edited:
Me too 🙂

I went and spent 30 minutes lying in the tube. I assume someone must review the images and make a report.
You are going to come out of this in great shape. It's just a matter of what it will take to get there from here. I'm hoping it is a short, downhill road to recovery, but if not, I have no doubt you will do what it takes to get it right. We will all be pulling for you.

Thought about you yesterday. Hope you get good news.

My son hurt his knee tubing on the lake yesterday. I really hope it is minor. He is still in bed, so I don't know how he is doing today.

Yeah, I am hoping. He has baseball tournaments, football camp and our family vacation coming up and he will need both wheels for all of those.

It hardly swelled and he is limping on it without a lot of discomfort.

But I am hoping you get some good news quickly. Something like:

Doc: Test results are in. Nothing structurally wrong with your knee, just rub some dirt on it and get back in the game!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back