Cheer me up boys…

Oof. Knee injuries suck. Hope it doesn't require surgery but even if it does, the procedure and recovery has come a long way. I havent had surgery but I did have a knee injury in high school playing basketball. It takes a while before your body starts to trust itself again for putting strain on that joint.

That definitely sucks. Hopefully it’s nothing major and you have a speedy recovery. I’m in my mid 30s and have had 4 knee surgeries. Hopefully you have no damage but maybe if you do have something wrong it can be as minor as a torn meniscus. They seem to make a pretty loud pop and hurt like hell when torn. I’ve had pretty big tears in mine trimmed off and walked out of the hospital that afternoon and was up to 100% in a couple weeks.
This is what I’m hoping for right now. Hopefully find something out tomorrow.

I got diagnosed with a torn meniscus today. Been dealing with it for the last 2-1/2 weeks got a steroid shot in the knee with a freakin 2” needle. Start pt tomorrow , hopefully no surgery. Mine actually hurts worse when at rest, swelling, stiffness. Icepacks are your friend. I’ll let you know how pt goes after a few sessions. Good luck to you.

I got diagnosed with a torn meniscus today. Been dealing with it for the last 2-1/2 weeks got a steroid shot in the knee with afreakin 2” needle. Start pt tomorrow , hopefully no surgery. Mine actually hirts worse when at rest, swelling, stiffness. Icepa ks are your friend. I’ll let you know how pt goes after a few
sessionons . Good luck to you.
Yeah, after sitting for a bit mine gets worse too. I think it’s the swelling inside there really putting pressure on things. Standing feels better, almost like a little traction on the joint feels kinda good. Double ice packs have been my friend this afternoon.

Good luck on yours too! Keep me posted.

Thanks everyone for the jokes and wishes. I am very sore and was feeling kinda down this afternoon. Don’t like feeling helpless. But some of you have me feeling cautiously hopeful that it may not necessarily be as bad as I fear.

@Hunting Wife , Howdy , need some chores done around your place while you heal up ?
017BFC5A-C356-4248-AC66-EC43A4725703.gif

Ha ha ha ha , but in all seriousness I sprained my MCL playing hoops over a decade ago and it took a while to heal I was pretty scared , I thought I blew it out , it healed overtime but I had scar tissue break out of there for years after , everyone’s different hope you don’t have to go to surgery and you can heal up and be back at it no time

It’s all good. I am fluent in sarcasm. Besides, if an injury can’t be leveraged into a new gun, what can? 😉
#alwayslookingforthesilverlining

Thankful in advance for wisdom from your doctors, and natural and even supernatural healing.

It is ok to assess the experience/confidence level of your surgeon, should you need one. You probably don't want someone in the practice of orthopedics practicing on your knee. Nor should you judge the skill level just because there is some grey in the hair.

D6C2A71A-4276-4DC6-AFC8-66A1D6EE1DEC.jpeg
I broke my kneecap in half in 2015 (from a combination of surfing and ski mountaineering). Definitely was a lot of surgery and a lot of PT but I'm back-ish to where I was. The biggest thing that I wished I had done more was independently strengthen the entire uninjured leg. Good luck to you and hope it's much less severe than "chunks"!!

It is ok to assess the experience/confidence level of your surgeon, should you need one. You probably don't want someone in the practice of orthopedics practicing on your knee. Nor should you judge the skill level just because there is some grey in the hair.
This is the part that makes me nervous. It’s Worker’s Comp meets rural medicine for me. Hoping that works out better than it sounds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back