Cheer me up boys…

Hopefully it's not as bad as it feels. Sometimes the inflammation and buildup of fluid can cause a lot of pain. Maybe they can just drain the fluid, give you a Cortisone shot and send you on your way. Good luck.

The knife man cometh? I am so sorry to hear this. That totally sucks with the season coming on. I've had three more minor knee surgeries. and they've never felt better. But they were meniscus and trash clean outs. Easily recovered, even for an old goat.

Friday, I had to schedule shoulder surgery. I pushed it to late Nov., but it still sucks. December and January are lost. Gus will be sad, and so will I.

Ps. If you get laid up for most of the season, you will be the terror of HT. :) Maybe we will have to send you care packages.

Bummer.

I had a partial tear (~50%) of my ACL in my early 40's that caused me to spend 6 weeks in a brace and 8 weeks PT. Took almost a year to fully recover but was back to 100%.
Also destroyed my ankle on kodiak a couple years later that required full reconstruction. Snapped ligament replaced with cadaver tissue, partially torn Achilles that got stitched back together and cracked joint that eventually healed. That was another year recovery.
It takes time and religious dedication to PT. You got this.

Tore my knees up three times in high school sports, never had to get cut on.
Have had both knees scoped in the last 10 years for a torn meniscus. I would be lying if I said I was 100% but I can still get around.
Good luck to you.

It is worth fixing it right this time, whatever is needed, even if it costs you a hunting season IME. Hoping for your fast and full recovery. Had my L ACL replaced @ 32, recovered in a year, didn't miss a hunting or ski season. Still works pretty well 30 years later. Still I'm just a little knee bitch compared to other guys here.
1656550702511.png

Hang in there. Try to keep your weight down. Very hard when can't do anything but it is important when recovering from back and knee surgery. Good luck. Hope you're back in the field by hunting season.

Dammit!

On the bright side maybe you can get a shoot from the vehicle placard?

Hoping for a speedy rehab.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back