Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Cheer me up boys…

Good for you that the surgery went well. Let's hope your rehab goes as well.

Everything involves perspective. When an aging boomer sees the photo of your leg and foot... they look young, quite young. Doubt that helps speed up the rehab, sorry.

Didn’t want to be left out of the story tellin’. It’s not much, but it’s all I got.
You don't need much to tell a good story, but this one is just warming up.

BTW, what do you recommend for sharpies? 6s or 7.5s? I'm hoping for a few to use with that recipe you sent me.

You don't need much to tell a good story, but this one is just warming up.

BTW, what do you recommend for sharpies? 6s or 7.5s? I'm hoping for a few to use with that recipe you sent me.
7.5s work well early season. Later in the season you might switch to the 6s. They tend to get very wild after a few weeks of pressure.

Good luck! Really hoping you can put some in the bag.

After reviewing your recap, I'm pretty sure your doctor indirectly called you old and you subsequently gave him 4 stars for it. Glad the surgery went well for you and your quickly on the mend.

Sounds like good news all around.

That birthday party would really piss ya off first thing in the morning. Knowing there is cake right next door and not being able to eat due to having surgery would make me want to round house their asses!!

View attachment 235648
Back at the house and on ice. The highlight reel:

First surgery of the day, and ended up going in an hour and a half late as there was a birthday party for one of the nursing staff going on in the next room? I mean, have fun at work and stuff but still? Also a tough day for IV sticks, though that probably is more on me than them. 3 stars.

Very happy with the surgeon. Seemed meticulous and thorough, as was my impression the first time I met him. Said he had a little trouble finding a graft “my size” and from a younger donor, but said he is very pleased with the one he ended up getting and it should settle in nicely. I had not thought about either of these things but made sense when he explained it. 5 stars.

He cursed my “tiny knees”, which required an extra incision because he just couldn’t quite maneuver the way he needed to. But I had scars already so whatevs. 🤷🏻‍♀️

The nerve block sucked, and the injection

Nerve block should be done after the Anastasia. Anastasia is awesome just before you go out and after for getting in extra sleep. Lol.
After 2 weeks I would get cupping done to the surgery area. Speeds up the rehab by pulling the dead blood cells out of the muscle tissue instead of working the blood out by rehab, getting back range of motion.

Not for everyone. All the best.
Y wife is staying with her sister who had full knee replacement last week , she's 73 and walking around the block.

You'll do good. Keep pushing but remember to ice often. Ice is your best friend during rehab.

Once all the blocks and numbing agents wear off it’s going to hurt. Mine was bad in the middle of the night after the surgery and lasted for about 8-10 hours. After that it just takes time.

The cadaver donor thing is amazing, but I imagine it would be kind of weird to dwell on. Is it something you think about? Probably I’m weird.
Doesn’t seem weird, but maybe because I know so many people who have them? They gave me a website where you can drop a note to the donor’s family so I thought I would do that.
Once all the blocks and numbing agents wear off it’s going to hurt. Mine was bad in the middle of the night after the surgery and lasted for about 8-10 hours. After that it just takes time.
I imagine mine may start wearing off here shortly. Trying to stay ahead with Advil in the meantime. Tomorrow will probably not be much fun.

They prescribe Norco or similar for when things wear off? Ice is the biggest help but kickass meds really let you sleep.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back