Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cheer me up boys…

Good luck with the recovery. It should start getting better pretty quickly. I had that same surgery in 2016 at the age of 45. Under my doctor and PT's supervision I was pretty aggressive at getting back to hiking up and down hills after the six week point. I had no problems on my backcountry deer hunt after six months and it's been all good since.

Good luck with the recovery. It should start getting better pretty quickly. I had that same surgery in 2016 at the age of 45. Under my doctor and PT's supervision I was pretty aggressive at getting back to hiking up and down hills after the six week point. I had no problems on my backcountry deer hunt after six months and it's been all good since.
Yeah. Rural medicine has dealt me my first PT appt this Monday…almost 3 weeks post surgery.😡

So rather than wait around I did a little Google research project last weekend and made my own little rehab workout of what looked like the most common week 1 and 2 exercises and the goals I should be working towards. Have seen improvement very quickly. Feels stronger, swelling and stiffness are less by the day, range of motion is increasing daily.

Still shooting for getting out in some capacity for antelope opener.
The brace slipping drove me crazy.
I bought some carpet tape stuff at the hardware store that keeps your area rug from sliding on the floor. Tried it today…so far it’s been awesome.

6C61F20F-8597-44FB-B53A-7DB0C0948FE4.jpeg

View attachment 240508
My first 15 minutes back on the elliptical. Felt so good.

Perhaps Guns N’ Roses was a poor choice of music. Had to keep reminding myself we are not running yet.

18 days until antelope opens.

Amazing progress. Maybe stick to ballads for a few weeks though. Start it off with Every Rose Has Its Thorn and work into November Rain.

Wow, you're moving right along. Can't remember offhand how long ago the surgery was but it sure seems like you are way ahead of things! Doing great, kiddo! (y)

Glad you are well on the road to recovery!! Hope you kill a monster!!
I would love to kill a monster, but let’s be honest… if I kill anything it might be a minor miracle. Not going to pretend I’ll be able to go either fast or far. Probably walk out and sit somewhere and watch the sun come up, and hope something comes by if I’m lucky. But I sent all my luck this year to @JohnCushman for that moose he’s going to find, and I’m ok with that. 😁

Back