Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cheer me up boys…

Been wondering all day if you made it out of surgery with both wheels! Glad to hear that all went well.

You must have a heckuva recipe if you can make sharpies taste good.

Yes, you need to shoot a speed goat. It will help your rehab. Just ate some last night. So good on the pellet grill!

They prescribe Norco or similar for when things wear off? Ice is the biggest help but kickass meds really let you sleep.
Oxy. I try to avoid taking them if at all possible, but like someone else said earlier it’s way harder to control the pain once you get behind. I imagine sometime tonight I may have to get one.

Any updates? How are you doing?
So far, better than I expected. Pain thus far manageable with nothing more than Advil, so I’m very happy about that. Trying to stay on a schedule to keep it that way.

Nerve block injection sites and the muscles there feel deeply achy today. What I presume is the large incision (all bandaged so haven’t seen them) is occasionally painful from brace pressure or when it feels like it’s getting pulled. Otherwise, the actual joint feels surprisingly good. Weight bearing isn’t painful at all. Walking around some, flexing the joint periodically for brief spells, but otherwise laying on the couch, maintaining leg extension, and doing elevation and ice.

Trying hard to be good, but cabin fever is lurking already…

Ironically, every other person in your town and on this forum is having a ball running around outside. Fish are biting, hikes are awesome, scouting is revealing huge bucks, bulls, pheasants, grouse, and huns. Just too bad you cannot take part!

That was mean, eh?

It isn't fall yet. You are not missing anything. Yet. So do as the doctor prescribed and you will be out with us when it really counts. Right now, it is like preseason football--it doesn't matter if you miss it!

So far, better than I expected. Pain thus far manageable with nothing more than Advil, so I’m very happy about that. Trying to stay on a schedule to keep it that way.

Nerve block injection sites and the muscles there feel deeply achy today. What I presume is the large incision (all bandaged so haven’t seen them) is occasionally painful from brace pressure or when it feels like it’s getting pulled. Otherwise, the actual joint feels surprisingly good. Weight bearing isn’t painful at all. Walking around some, flexing the joint periodically for brief spells, but otherwise laying on the couch, maintaining leg extension, and doing elevation and ice.

Trying hard to be good, but cabin fever is lurking already…
Good news! Maybe a short stroll to a duck blind is in your near future? I’d go for the late season combo catfish dead stick / early Bluewing migration setup. Baby steps! Take good care.

Flip those Crocs into 4WD! You don't need to stumble because they half came off your foot! And if they are getting smooth on the bottom, don't you dare wear them anywhere it is wet!

Glad to hear you are progressing and haven't had any setbacks!

View attachment 237349
Upgraded my brace today. This one looks fast. Glad I’m not paying for it…holy moly.

Had the post-op unveiling today. Looks pretty good. A little black and blue, a little swollen but not bad. But still two more weeks of crutches and locked brace.

Slow and steady is hard, especially this time of year. 😔
Wow, you're making great strides (pun intended)! How's the pain?

Flip those Crocs into 4WD! You don't need to stumble because they half came off your foot! And if they are getting smooth on the bottom, don't you dare wear them anywhere it is wet!

Glad to hear you are progressing and haven't had any setbacks!
I’m not going near fast enough to throw a shoe. Besides, I can’t tie my real shoes yet anyway 😁

Dang! I can't believe I've missed this. Haven't been on as much now that football started back up.

Looks like things are going pretty good. One thing I'll say is after 40 it has seemed to me that things go about half as fast in recovery as they used to. Not to say it's particularly slow just for everyone it will be slower than what you are accustomed to. If you were out here in the east we'd dump you beside a ground blind somewhere to get some hunting in but not sure what options you'll have like that in MT.

Sure hoping for the best, your write ups are always great, so hope recovery sees you back out in some capacity. Good luck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back