Can't post, picture size is 800 x0 ????

twodot

After years of this being the only user friendly site for me to post photos on, I keep getting this box saying my photo size is 800x 0 and it will not up load. Anyone know what this means? Thanks much.

Set your photo width (or height if it's an upright photo) to 800 pixels when you resize.

but also keep your aspect ratio the same. 800x0 is nothing but 800x600 will work.

I was getting that error when trying to load large pictures, even though I used to be able to load that size. I had to reduce the size of the pictures before I could get them to load properly.

thanks guys, I will give this a try.
One other question, when resizing my picture, do I do that on my Hunt Talk window or in "MY PIctures" on my home machine?

thanks guys, I will give this a try.
One other question, when resizing my picture, do I do that on my Hunt Talk window or in "MY PIctures" on my home machine?

do that on your desktop and save the resized pics. Then when you upload to Hunt Talk, just select the resized pics.

Uggh, being ignorant is a pain. When I hit the box that says attachments, it gives me all heights of 800 and widths of 0. Am I missing some way to change these settings.

Kenton, I hate to admit this but I don't even know what my desk top is. I'm gonna try googling up some basic computer terms and how to's. Time to learn some new skills has finally come.

I go to my pictures folder and right click on the photo. Select "edit" and resize it to 800x600. Save it and you're good to go.

Like JLS I keep a folder in my main picture flolder that I've entitled "Web pics" When I have a picture I want to post here I copy it to that folder. By right clicking on that photo in the folder I can choose "open with and pick Microsoft Office Picture Manager. (or by double left clicking the pic opens in the picture manager automatically) I choose the edit picture tab and then resize. I had be saving my pictures as with the "large document" preset, but found that was too big today. I chose the "small document" preset and that worked fine.

I'll do a step by step

When you first put the pictures on your computer (desktop), right click on the picture and select "edit".
The picture will come up in an editing program but all you have to do is hit the "resize" button. A box will pop-up and give you they opportunity to change the size of the picture. There is usually a choice in units between inches and pixels and you want pixels. You also need to make sure the aspect ratio remains the same. This will keep the horizontal and vertical size of the picture in proportion. The pixel limit on Hunt Talk is 800, so whether the vertical size or horizontal size is larger, just change the larger number to 800. Once you've done that, close the resize box and save the resized picture (I save them to a folder called "For Upload").

Now you can post the picture by hiting the "attachment" button (paperclip) when making a post. A box will pop-up where you can upload several pictures at once. Hit "browse" and then go to where ever you saved you pictures (again, for me its always in the "For Upload" folder). Once you have selected the pictures, click the "Upload Attachments" button and wait for it to upload and you are set to go.

I hope this was simple enough, once you get it down and do it a few times its not too difficult.

Twodot, I've found the free website www.picmonkey.com is very helpful when resizing images. Just click edit, then browse to or drag and drop the image you would like to edit. Simply select "resize" and type in 800 with the same aspect ratio and it will be perfect for posting to the thread. Save to your desktop and then using the manage attachments upload them to your thread. good luck.

Testing, mtcurman as a little guy shooting the 76.
fdc2c82f-1f51-4829-80db-db8c77fd22f5_zpsukjkgatp.jpg

HA !!
Thanks to you guys sticking with me on this and many thanks to Mrs. twodot I am making progress here.
Please excuse me for trying to post 3 or 4 more photos in a row here to get the hang of this new method.
Many thanks again!!!!

trying again, without the aid of my dear Mrs. I am flying solo. Me last November, couple miles north of home. I have attached these thru phtobuckt. Will try another way direct from my computer now.

22cd528b-3ee6-4422-8b9f-e66615c10df0_zpsz6yoeenn.jpg

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back