Yeti GOBOX Collection

Calling all coffee snobs...

After seeing so many people suggest the pour over set ups I found some disposable single serve pour over filters on amazon. They have arms and hang on your cup. Just tested it out and was really surprised. It made a real cup of coffee a hundred times better then instant and it was pretty quick. I’m unpacking my food for next week and repacking some real coffee and these little filters.
Link?

In a rare turn of events the first post is giving advice not asking for it.

Well I don't have much wisdom to contribute about hunting but I do know coffee. Besides, until I get 10 posts I can't start a new thread.

Don't worry as soon as I hit ten posts I can ask ask my burning questions about which rifle/scope combo I can get for 400 bucks in 6.5 creedmoor that'll guarantee success at 600 meter shots on moose, the tires I need for my Subaru that'll handle Wyoming mud, and the tag I can draw with no points that has dozens of mature bulls about 200 yards off the highway.

Well I don't have much wisdom to contribute about hunting but I do know coffee. Besides, until I get 10 posts I can't start a new thread.

Don't worry as soon as I hit ten posts I can ask ask my burning questions about which rifle/scope combo I can get for 400 bucks in 6.5 creedmoor that'll guarantee success at 600 meter shots on moose, the tires I need for my Subaru that'll handle Wyoming mud, and the tag I can draw with no points that has dozens of mature bulls about 200 yards off the highway.
Can’t wait lol. Anyway welcome to the forum.

Twin Peaks pour over. It's less than half the price of Dark Timber, and it's very good.

Used to use Folgers instant bags and half packet of hot chocolate - called it Mountain Mocha.
Used Via's last few times but curious about the pour overs.

Admittedly this weekend I carried an AeroPress with a fine stainless steel filter and some fresh ground beans about 8 miles to a mountain lake. Made for a nice cup but that was unnecessary weight when considering additional gear needed for hunting. A friend has a reusable pour over filter that seems to work well but dang I like those disposable ones online.

Last edited:
BRCC just came out with instant and the coffee version of a tea bag. I’m gonna try out the instant and will report back.

Edit: mulvadi instant Kona coffee is decent. Took that last year
Tried it, the stuff is bomb! But I am partial to BRCC in general!

Tried it, the stuff is bomb! But I am partial to BRCC in general!
The delays in shipping speeds are really killing me, hopefully it comes in today! And the other coffees I ordered from them.

Thanks @Boomerusaf for the discount code. I will more than likely be signing up for the coffee club but just wanted to try out some coffees before doing so.

The delays in shipping speeds are really killing me, hopefully it comes in today! And the other coffees I ordered from them.

Thanks @Boomerusaf for the discount code. I will more than likely be signing up for the coffee club but just wanted to try out some coffees before doing so.
The fact that they are veteran-owned, wins me over. Their coffee is actually really good, i like the freedom fuel.

Ok @Boomerusaf , I've scoured this thread for the discount code, where is it? LOL

Or, uh, I mean, @Boomerusaf would you possibly mind sharing that discount code with me?

I just got my BRCC order in today, just in time for September!
I’ll be doing a review at the end of September to go over most of what we’ve talked about in this thread. I have 3 different backcountry hunts that I’ll be doing. On these hunts I’ll be bringing the following: BRCC instant packets, Dark Timber packets, Starbucks Via, Folgers instant, tasters choice instant, and of course my favorite - home roasted beans, hand grinded, and delivered to my gut following the pour over method (only following a successful hunt back at the truck)
I’ll let you all know what tastes great, and more importantly, what brings success😁

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back