Caribou Gear Tarp

Calling all coffee snobs...

Another vote for Via. The flavor I like is Pikes Place. I buy mine at the grocery store not at Starbucks. I have no idea if I am saving money it is just easier. I don't really care if it cost $1 per cup I want something I can drink. If I feel ambitious I will take freshly ground beans and use a French Press but I don't do that very often.

Talking about coffee flavors is like talking about beer, everyone has a different opinion.

I’ve been using the jetboil press attachment and just cutting open Keurig cups and dumping the contents into a ziplock (Gevalia Signature has worked best so far)

It’s fine enough that it might work with just boiling it and splashing g with cold water to settle, but the press attachment weighs like 2oz. If I don’t have my Copenhagen and coffee in the morning the rest of the day is just shot.

Is it really worth going instant? If you have a jet oil, the French press attachment is great and incredibly light, packs inside the jetboil easily. It’s worth it. Otherwise Via is a good enough alternative if you’re already committed to instant coffee. Let us know how it goes!

BRCC just came out with instant and the coffee version of a tea bag. I’m gonna try out the instant and will report back.

Edit: mulvadi instant Kona coffee is decent. Took that last year
It's really good. I used the instant grounds and not the tea bag like version. Highly recommend!

I literally just saw that on their website! I have a box in my cart... but i"m being stingy about pulling the trigger on $25 worth of instant coffee haha
First time orders, use PHIL for 20% off

Via for me. I used to do pourover and still do pourover at home but Via is to convenient and good for what it is. I recentlly found a leftover packet cleaning out my hunting pack and drank it and it reminded me of hunting which was nice. At least it has that going for it....

I like the Via as well. I had some Black Rifle singles given to me and they were hands down some of the best I ever had.

Is it really worth going instant? If you have a jet oil, the French press attachment is great and incredibly light, packs inside the jetboil easily. It’s worth it. Otherwise Via is a good enough alternative if you’re already committed to instant coffee. Let us know how it goes!
I did the jetboil French press till last year, the problem is all the cleanup and then your water/mountain house tastes like coffee or you have to use water to clean it out. I use the French press in the front country but I have definitely found a lot of advantages to the instant for the back country.

Coffee addict here.
For backpacking I normally do Via, but plan to diversify to BRCC or another this year to try something new.
That said, if you’re going tea route, my wife is a tea snob and good Lord this stuff is amazing...I might cave and just do this instead.

My Jetboil press works great in either a Vargo Bot 700 or Toaks 650. But when I don’t want to mess with the clean up I’ll only use this.
1598156272502.jpeg

Haven’t tried Verve or BRCC, but honestly, I like the ease and wide availability of Vias. They’re not too expensive either, and they taste decent. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten to be less particular about how “good” my coffee is though, as long as it’s strong and has plenty of caffeine.

Gonna say it you can disagree all you want Starbucks Via.

At home I like a medium roast, hot frothed milk, and a table spoon of honey in my coffee... Via is the closet for the least amount of hassle I’ve found, and I’ve tried a bunch.
I thought it was as good as instant could get till I tried Black Rifle instant. That’s what’s gonna be in my pack this year.

Thats my problem... because then I pack the the beans and grinder haha
Life’s too short for cheap coffee (& TP). I now use a Firebox Nano, grinder and a coffee press. Dunkin Donuts cinnamon coffee whole bean freshly ground and I’m good to go.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back