Broken

If you haven't noticed these little bit#$es always hit places they know there are NO GUNS ALLOWED.Easy to kill alot of unarmed people so whats gun control going to do??Your telling me the mentally ill or criminals would follow the laws;please.How many school shootings like this happen in Ny where there are armed guards.I'd rather have a guard then my kids dead from some piece of $4it.Lefties will have a field day with this .Sorry I'll keep my guns no matter what law they pass

The guy stole legally purchased handguns that his Mom bought and registered. He had a bunch of extra regular clips like everyone uses for those two guns to do all that shooting, so how is banning large capacity clips or any other new law going to stop something like this? Simple answer is that it won't. Even if no more guns and ammo was manufactured and sold in this country there are enough of both to last a long time and get into the wrong hands. IMHO our society has changed drastically in a negative way in my six decades of life. The kids have access to all these video games and other garbage that they are into so much that they may not even think that when you kill a person that person doesn't pop back up like when they turn a video game on the next time. Add to that how many are on medication of some sort to take care of problems that wouldn't be there in the first place if they had a good home life with two stable parents. Start addressing all of that instead of calling for more gun control!

You said that so well. I couldn't agree more.

I agree that something should be done but also firmly believe that it will provably do no good. I am more in agreement these days that it is a societal issue and the way kids are raised these days and desensitized to violence....and I'm 28 years old.

Does the solution have to keep the rate down at all levels (whatever that means) or is some level improvement acceptable and worthwhile ?

I guess I did not convey it well. Do you support more gun control laws that may lower mass shooting deaths, but raise shooting deaths in cases like armed robbery, car jacking, and others where one is not legally allowed to defend himself with a weapon.

One way or another, gun ownership in the US will be forever changed...

And that is a fact. No amount of arguing or debate here, on FB, on other sites, is going to change the truth of what you stated.

(December 16, 2012) -- This morning (Dec. 16) on NBC News Meet the Press, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., CA) said that on the first day of the new Congress, she will introduce a bill in the Senate (with a companion bill coming in the House) to ban assault weapons (sale, transfer, importation and possession not retrospectively but prospectively) and ban the sale of big clips, drums of strips of more than ten bullets.

http://www.lbreport.com/news/dec12/feinshut.htm

When will people remember that it was Professor Plum in the Study with the Revolver and not the Revolver in the study with Professor Plum?

Irrational???

Your can read more of the story below at the link

Of Elephants and Men

Are committed fathers an endangered species in our culture? Fr. Gordon MacRae draws a troubling corollary between absent fathers and burgeoning prisons.

Wade Horn, Ph.D., President of the National Fatherhood Initiative, had an intriguing article entitled “Of Elephants and Men” in a recent issue of Fatherhood Today magazine. I found Dr. Horn’s story about young elephants to be simply fascinating, and you will too. It was sent to me by a TSW reader who wanted to know if there is any connection between the absence of fathers and the shocking growth of the American prison population.

Some years ago, officials at the Kruger National Park and game reserve in South Africa were faced with a growing elephant problem. The population of African elephants, once endangered, had grown larger than the park could sustain. So measures had to be taken to thin the ranks. A plan was devised to relocate some of the elephants to other African game reserves. Being enormous creatures, elephants are not easily transported. So a special harness was created to air-lift the elephants and fly them out of the park using helicopters.

The helicopters were up to the task, but, as it turned out, the harness wasn’t. It could handle the juvenile and adult female elephants, but not the huge African bull elephants. A quick solution had to be found, so a decision was made to leave the much larger bulls at Kruger and relocate only some of the female elephants and juvenile males.

The problem was solved. The herd was thinned out, and all was well at Kruger National Park. Sometime later, however, a strange problem surfaced at South Africa’s other game reserve, Pilanesburg National Park, the younger elephants’ new home.

Rangers at Pilanesburg began finding the dead bodies of endangered white rhinoceros. At first, poachers were suspected, but the huge rhinos had not died of gunshot wounds, and their precious horns were left intact. The rhinos appeared to be killed violently, with deep puncture wounds. Not much in the wild can kill a rhino, so rangers set up hidden cameras throughout the park.

The result was shocking. The culprits turned out to be marauding bands of aggressive juvenile male elephants, the very elephants relocated from Kruger National Park a few years earlier. The young males were caught on camera chasing down the rhinos, knocking them over, and stomping and goring them to death with their tusks. The juvenile elephants were terrorizing other animals in the park as well. Such behavior was very rare among elephants. Something had gone terribly wrong.

Whatever the glue was that created and and bound together responsible, productive citizens is dissolving before our eyes. The empty churches, dependence on government, loss of work ethic, loss of traditional family, attraction to base and violent entertainment all seem to tear at what we use to be.

This right here, 100% correct.

Oh, you weren't talking about this shooting. I thought that was the precipitant of this conversation. My bad.

You're a clever guy, I like that. I'm still working on a response to your above question, but work is extremely busy before the Christmas freeze.

Maybe over the break I'll get back with ya!:D

So they want to make amendments to the 2nd amendment...okay..but first things first..let's make amendments to the 1st amendment and prohibit publishing the name of these mass shooters. No name or any bio about him can be mentioned.

I think I have to agree with HD to a certain extent on this one. It appears this country is headed down a road we may not be able to turn back on. I know all of these type of shootings can be dissected after the fact. In this instance, it appears this kid had some serious mental issues. At the same time if his mother did not have the guns in her home, he was probably not the type of kid that would have been able obtain them otherwise. It will be interesting to find out how/where she had them secured in the home and if he had access to them. She obviously knew he had some problems and should have had the weapons secured. I do not believe more laws will curb the violence we are seeing these days. We do not enforce the laws we have and if we do, we do not punish for them. Hopefully our leaders will see that there needs to be change, but that change needs to be in identifying and treating our mentally ill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back