Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

Why people are so fixated on living in Bozeman will forever remain a mystery to me.
Was Boise. Now Bozeman w/ sub mass economic flips in Flathead, etc.
Major ski locations... Big Mountain / Big Sky. Personally, Snowbowl rocks!
Many reasons though big on the list is open ground to expand, business expansion opportunities YNP and GNP.

We have property in C. Falls though sold our house in Whitefish for 3 X's what we owed.
Hawaiians. Sight not seen, no contingency, cash, 3 days with several offers 25k over the price. Works for us. Helps to have property along with the main sale.

And it would be a steal at that price if it was in The ‘Boat. The prices in some of these Western towns have gotten stupid. We should have gone home 5 years ago.
Agreed bud. It’s too bad our respective scenarios couldn’t accommodate that. This is something I think is different about our timing. People shouldn’t be excluded from moving back to their home town simply because they spend time serving in the military or getting advanced degrees and starting their careers. I don’t believe those pursuits have caused others to be priced out on housing except for people like us in these last 5 years. I’m still sad when I think about it.

More rude self entitled people that expect you to hold the door but won’t do you the same courtesy. Drivers think where they are going is more important than where you are going. Businesses cater to the retired and wealthy, and wonder why nobody wants to work and everyone wants to spend. When I started renting it was $400 a month for a 2 bedroom. Now I’m paying 1800 for a 3 bedroom. My coworker is paying 2200 for a similar apartment. Development is eating away at every last piece of farmland, and the newcomers are utilizing every last piece of public land that would typically hold game, to walk their dogs and film for commercials and shoot their microwaves. Nobody waves in the county roads anymore, hunters want to beat you to a spot rather share information and work together. Stringers full of fish rolling down the riverbank and heads of elk cut off left to rot. All things I never saw much of 10-15 years ago.
Reminds me of what they are thinking in the movie Yellowstone. Was stationed in Lakeside till 1973. Saw it comming up there on Flathead Lake! Went back up for a visit about 2000 and the area has been destroyed. Lakeside overgrown, Kalispell wasted and Polebridge I couldn't believe!

Personally, Snowbowl rocks!
Second best ski area in Montana IMO. I have to put Big Sky first just because the terrain is so world class. But after that, if I had to choose one Montana area to ski the rest of my life, it would be Snowbowl. Lived in Missoula 15 years, so I know it well. Went over for a few days this winter and was really impressed with the new Transporter chair and the newly gladed terrain on TV mountain. Adds a whole new dimension to the place (even though it was all hikeable terrain before, having it gladed really made a big difference). I can't think of any tree skiing in Montana that's so steep and consistent as that served by the Transporter chair. :)

Second best ski area in Montana IMO. I have to put Big Sky first just because the terrain is so world class. But after that, if I had to choose one Montana area to ski the rest of my life, it would be Snowbowl. Lived in Missoula 15 years, so I know it well. Went over for a few days this winter and was really impressed with the new Transporter chair and the newly gladed terrain on TV mountain. Adds a whole new dimension to the place (even though it was all hikeable terrain before, having it gladed really made a big difference). I can't think of any tree skiing in Montana that's so steep and consistent as that served by the Transporter chair. :)
Could you hit all the social media platforms with the above opinion^^?

Reminds me of what they are thinking in the movie Yellowstone. Was stationed in Lakeside till 1973. Saw it comming up there on Flathead Lake! Went back up for a visit about 2000 and the area has been destroyed. Lakeside overgrown, Kalispell wasted and Polebridge I couldn't believe!
It's happening down here in Florida too. Traffic, A-holes doing 95 mph on I-95 and weaving in and out of traffic. Rude, self absorbed, lacking self awareness. I have a sticker on the back of my truck "THE LOCALS HATE YOU!!" FYI, got the sticker on Amazon.

"I lucked out and have a great group of friends, but dating is a little trickier. I think the men in Montana I've met have a very different type of intelligence than I'd found in NYC: They can build things, they can kill things, and they're very tactile and useful. I find it so cool and sexy, but they don't really find my type of intelligence sexy. I'm sarcastic, witty, and nerdy. The guys I've met here are more into intelligence that has a real world application."

Proud to be tactile and useful. I think. What's tactile mean?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back