Caribou Gear

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

For sure and for true. Recent property owner of tract on island just west of Gallatin Gateway has a floodplain permit to develop 16 acres mostly in the floodplain into fifty-eight (58!) glamping units with tents and Conestoga wagons and gas line and sewer line already run under the once pristine West Gallatin River ... what a catastrophic clusterflock! He dug a pit for a pond fed by a historic spring creek on the island and ignored the requirement for a 310 permit, asserting that the creek was a manmade ditch. Gallatin Conservation District held a hearing to declare jurisdiction and the developer challenged in District Court, lost, then lost again at Montana Supreme Court level. Recently, the Conservation District ordered him to apply for a 310 permit to fill in his pond/pit and restore the spring creek to original condition.
Four of us appealed the Gallatin County floodplain permit, arguing to no avail with frustration as the County Commission would not acknowledge errors in process and interpretation in allowing the floodplain permit for a "glampground", even though the term is not even defined in floodplain regulations. Gallatin County approval of this "catastrophic clusterflock" floodplain permit is now being challenged in District Court.

The real travesty is that had some of the higher property been developed reasonably employing property rights and a prudent wisely designed plan, he would already be realizing the commercial recreational property income he obviously seeks. But by the time he pays lawyer fees, engineer re-design, and contractor floodplain and stream restoration cost ... he will really be underwater!!! (pun intended). Plus, IMO, he will receive some bad news from District Court.

BTW, much of this property has been covered by flood waters previously.

If read this far, thanks for allowing my rant.
I drove by the other day and seen a big sign and was meaning to ask you about it! Thanks for this! Let me know how I can help? No to the pit!

I need an antacid. First as a former Californian I would like to apologize but also say all Cali girls ain’t this. At least not any of the girls I grew up with. Makes sense she’s from Irvine though.

Out of curiosity I signed in to Facebook and searched her name, then I found her YouTube channel. Talk about a rabbit hole of cheap entertainment.

People watch this chit? She’s Makes money off it? Ffs

That photo with her friends is like college sorority sisters but in their 40’s with Xanax and martinis and “ready to settle down”

Last edited:
I've lived in small towns most my life.
Missoula, Bozeman, Billings, Kallispell traffic is too much for my taste.
Driving down Reserve in Missoula at 5pm on a weekday or on a Saturday for example.
Driving from the interstate to the airport at Billings at 5pm as another example.

I've lived in small towns most my life.
Missoula, Bozeman, Billings, Kallispell traffic is too much for my taste.
Driving down Reserve in Missoula at 5pm on a weekday or on a Saturday for example.
Driving from the interstate to the airport at Billings at 5pm as another example.
I’m not that old but I’m remember using reserve as the way to quickly cut across Missoula from highway 12 to the interstate. Those days are over

I need an antacid. First as a former Californian I would like to apologize but also say all Cali girls ain’t this. At least not any of the girls I grew up with. Makes sense she’s from Irvine though.

Out of curiosity I signed in to Facebook and searched her name, then I found her YouTube channel. Talk about a rabbit hole of cheap entertainment.

People watch this chit? She’s Makes money off it? Ffs

That photo with her friends is like college sorority sisters but in their 40’s with Xanax and martinis and “ready to settle down”
Clearly she's doing quite well for herself, if she could buy a 5-bedroom house in Boz for $1 million cash and now rent a guest house for $2000 a month.

It's obvious she comes from a culture of money and influence, and no doubt has a different perspective on life, but I really did appreciate this line towards the end of the article: "I moved here to let it change me, not the other way around."

She needs more time, and should probably get a little further from Bozeman if she really wants to get to know the culture of this state, but (as I am likely to do on HT), just to play devils advocate here: kudos to her for making it.

I mean really? Do woman really want to be able to do this to men and feel good about themselves? I know if roles were reversed us men would get smacked, tossed out, sleep on the couch type of thing if we mentioned anything along the lines of wanting to manipulate the women in our lives.

1692294067017.png

I mean really? Do woman really want to be able to do this to men and feel good about themselves? I know if roles were reversed us men would get smacked, tossed out, sleep on the couch type of thing if we mentioned anything along the lines of wanting to manipulate the women in our lives.

View attachment 288195
In my experience, when people try to get their ex back via the kind of advice found on this website, it usually ends in a restraining order.

Back