Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

I did a day trip to Bozeman when I was up elk hunting in October. No thanks. Traffic, expensive-ass decorating stores, little honeys at MSU whose rich daddy sent them there to get rid of them and it's a "cool" name with attitude. Shitty service at the one restaurant bar I ate at. Oh, did I mention the pretty boys wearing their expensive clothes and $300 backpack. A bunch of California Aholes. No thanks. Billings didn't impress me either. I thought for a second I was back in the Pittsburgh suburbs. I tried to go look for a saddle shop to see what they had. Hell the 2 places listed on white-ages.com had closed 3 to 4 years ago. And the one place I found had 25% of the saddles of my local tack shop here in Florida. White sulphur Springs was great. Nice friendly down home people. Hell, this same migration is happening in South Florida. I hate it. The should slap on a $100,000 impact tax per resident for new "resident".
ya sounds like a pill up there....best you stay in FL with your small towns, no traffic, mountains, public land, elk, and saddle shops the size of Wal-Mart. :ROFLMAO:

@Mthuntr has a great TikTok video of an average Bozemanite.

@Mthuntr has a great TikTok video of an average Bozemanite.

I already admitted I'm not cool.
....and you want me to open a TikTok?

Well, FYI, I tried.

Looks like @Mthuntr has to post the link since he has it set to private. Are you cool enough to follow him?😄
As I explain to my wife and daughter, and righteous punks,...there is a difference between not knowing how to do something and NOT wanting or needing to do those same things.
Sage advice that has no ties to being cool.

As I explain to my wife and daughter, and righteous punks,...there is a difference between not knowing how to do something and NOT wanting or needing to do those same things.
Sage advice that has no ties to being cool.

And yet you still click @Greenhorn’s links? 😏

One thing I will say about Bozeman is that the same hotel rooms that are $600 in the summer are like $130 in the winter. That works great for me as somebody who wants to ski Big Sky but doesn't want to pay for a room at the mountain (which last time I checked was $880 at the Huntley Lodge lol).

And before anybody pipes up to tell me how expensive it is to ski Big Sky, I bought my weekday season pass for $530 and I'll ski at least 30 days on it, which is less than $20 a day. Plus tram charges, but still, plenty affordable for world class skiing.

So you are staying in a Bozeman
One thing I will say about Bozeman is that the same hotel rooms that are $600 in the summer are like $130 in the winter. That works great for me as somebody who wants to ski Big Sky but doesn't want to pay for a room at the mountain (which last time I checked was $880 at the Huntley Lodge lol).

And before anybody pipes up to tell me how expensive it is to ski Big Sky, I bought my weekday season pass for $530 and I'll ski at least 30 days on it, which is less than $20 a day. Plus tram charges, but still, plenty affordable for world class skiing.
So you are skiing 30 days at Big Sky but staying in a Bozeman hotel?

Interesting article about the Hyundai R&D center moving to Bozeman. The opening line seems contrary to the general consensus of this thread:

“The state of Montana has a wealth of riches to draw in newcomers, including four full seasons offering a wide range of outdoors activities, no traffic, a low cost of living, and friendly people, to name just a few.”

I had to turn right (it's actually a right only intersection - but i usually turn left anyway) onto Huffine because I had an impatient driver behind me and it was 8:00am about the busiest traffic Huffine sees. I had to drive a block to a light to get left and it added maybe 3 minutes to my work drive. Oh, the horror.

I had to turn right (it's actually a right only intersection - but i usually turn left anyway) onto Huffine because I had an impatient driver behind me and it was 8:00am about the busiest traffic Huffine sees. I had to drive a block to a light to get left and it added maybe 3 minutes to my work drive. Oh, the horror.
The struggle is real, I tried turning left off airport road onto the frontage road around 5pm last night. The steady stream of Bozeman folks driving into Belgrade forced me to turn right and take the back roads into Bozeman. Time to move to Wyoming I guess.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back