Boy's Deer

Lawnboy

Since most are enjoying the short stories of the hunts this year I'll try to make it brief. My son also had drawn a special draw deer tag. Critter had been getting word from Moose hunters that they were seeing nice deer in the area in September. I've never really looked for muleys early season, I always wait till late and hunt the rut in a total different part of this unit. I go spotting before season and see bucks from a long way away. I don't know the area so I decide I better figure out how I can get to these avalanche chutes I'm seeing deer in. I take a Mountain bike in 2 days before season and figure my route to the bucks. 5.8 miles on old roads and trails and 3/4 mile hiking to the chute. I also sneak in on 4 bulls feeding and back out. We make a plan to take my dad, daughter and son in because they can shoot elk as well. We take the horses in Friday night and set up camp. Opening day we don't find the elk but the bucks I've been looking at from miles away are right where I've been seeing them. We climb way up the chute almost to the cliffs and find 13 bucks and 4 does. I say shoot that one and after 10 minutes of trying to get the lad to feel confident in the shot he shoots the buck 302yds just before he hits the trees to bed down. It was another awesome hunt with my daughter, son, and dad. I think I'd try and hunt the deer early again if given the chance due to them being in groups early rather than just waiting for the rut. THE END :D
ty1.jpg

ty2.jpg

ty3.jpg

ty4.jpg
My Good Luck Hunttalk hat
ty5.jpg

Way to make it a family experience and capitalize on a heck of a buck! Congrats Bart!

I like everything about the post Bart. Congratulations to your son and well done dad. Awesome buck!

Holy cow, what a buck. They don't get much better than that in MT.

Love the early season cape, and the having the whole family there for the hunt. Quite the memories associated with that mount.

Very, very nice. Really like the extra tine on the driver's side.

Congrats to everyone involved on that one!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back