Bobcats v. Bison

Who will win this years FCS title game?

• 16 time National Champion NDSU Bison

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Montana State Bobcats

Votes: 45 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But if Bobcats win, it will not because they, "want it more" or, "SDSU beat NDSU 8 weeks ago in Brookings". Those are meaningless straw-grasping. If they win it will because their D makes NDSu's sub-par QB look sub-par on that day and their young QB rises to the pressure of a title game.
If the Bobcats win, it will be because they score more points. And vice versa. Math is easy 🥃

Go Cats.

To the top sports fans.

The crowd here is, unsurprisingly and convincingly, pro-bobcat. It appears there may be some "weather" with a 60% chance of rain throughout gametime and high temps in the upper-50's. I don't think it is significant but may help the Bobcat's slippery kid at QB be even a little more slick. Field conditions haven't always been the best at the stadium there so I'll be curious how the turf holds up if it is wet.

I still haven't heard anything definitive that WR Christian Watson is playing for NDSU as he's been nursing a hamstring for the entire playoff run. Bobcat fans may remember that kid when he thrashed them in the 2019 playoffs (5 touches, 174 yards, 2 TD). He just got an invite to the Senior bowl and is got a good chance of being drafted... that said he's the borderline type of prospect that could really hurt his pro chances if he were to get injured and not be able to participate in the pre-draft process.

I assume Ifanse is playing but I haven't gone looking to confirm. I hope he is, kid is a very good back.

The texts I got last night would indicate another Bison-heavy crowd, but I know that travelling this week has been an absolute nightmare. There are quite a few folks whose travel plans got altered/cancelled. Hopefully that doesn't translate into any empty seats in the stadium.

I'll have 20-30 folks at my house for the game. Food will plentiful and getting drinks cold will not be difficult with the -25* temps. I voted for an NDSU victory and I have no reason to change my mind on that stance.

To the top sports fans.

The crowd here is, unsurprisingly and convincingly, pro-bobcat. It appears there may be some "weather" with a 60% chance of rain throughout gametime and high temps in the upper-50's. I don't think it is significant but may help the Bobcat's slippery kid at QB be even a little more slick. Field conditions haven't always been the best at the stadium there so I'll be curious how the turf holds up if it is wet.

I still haven't heard anything definitive that WR Christian Watson is playing for NDSU as he's been nursing a hamstring for the entire playoff run. Bobcat fans may remember that kid when he thrashed them in the 2019 playoffs (5 touches, 174 yards, 2 TD). He just got an invite to the Senior bowl and is got a good chance of being drafted... that said he's the borderline type of prospect that could really hurt his pro chances if he were to get injured and not be able to participate in the pre-draft process.

I assume Ifanse is playing but I haven't gone looking to confirm. I hope he is, kid is a very good back.

The texts I got last night would indicate another Bison-heavy crowd, but I know that travelling this week has been an absolute nightmare. There are quite a few folks whose travel plans got altered/cancelled. Hopefully that doesn't translate into any empty seats in the stadium.

I'll have 20-30 folks at my house for the game. Food will plentiful and getting drinks cold will not be difficult with the -25* temps. I voted for an NDSU victory and I have no reason to change my mind on that stance.
Where and when is this game being played?

Lots and I mean lots of bison fans are arriving in Frisco this afternoon. By 6:00 legacy drive in Frisco will be full of bison fans . Their experience and overall talent will show . I expect the Bison line to dominate. They’ll make that QB for the cats try beat them and he won’t be able to . They’ll shut the run down . Bison 30 Cats 17

Game in Frisco - me and buddies watching from Vegas. 3 years in a row in Frisco was plenty, we have been doing Vegas every since.

Well, maybe I'll get lucky and be able to watch this over the airwaves in Iowa. Not sure I could stand Vegas - or Frisco (whoever heard of Frisco TX?).

I'll have to google which mascot goes with which team, but I think Bison beat Bobcats pretty much every time out on the prairies.

Gianforte has placed a bet with ND Governor that if he loses he will give ND a "care package" of Montana goods including "beer and wiskey" (WTAF??) Anyway, ND Governor is supposed to do the same for MT. What valued ND products would they give us? A snowmobiler's guide to Cooke City? Hotel discounts for Minneapolis hotels? Bison for the APR?

Gianforte has placed a bet with ND Governor that if he loses he will give ND a "care package" of Montana goods including "beer and wiskey" (WTAF??) Anyway, ND Governor is supposed to do the same for MT. What valued ND products would they give us? A snowmobiler's guide to Cooke City? Hotel discounts for Minneapolis hotels? Bison for the APR?

They're probably going to play for something lame like a Dots Pretzels and Fargo Brewing Stonesthrow gift basket but I think they should put up some real stakes between the states. If MSU wins, they get Divide County. If NDSU wins, we get Sheridan County.

As a side, Stonesthrow is an excellent Scottish Ale. I'd put it up against Coldsmoke.

I can't think of a better care package than Montana "beer and whiskey". What is wrong with that? Sounds perfect.
Go Cats!!

Probably sheep...

Maybe North Dakota can just assume management of eastern Montana mule deer?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back