Bobcats v. Bison

Who will win this years FCS title game?

• 16 time National Champion NDSU Bison

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Montana State Bobcats

Votes: 45 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think ND State will run away with it. They beat a really good James Madison team.
Using that reasoning: Only Bison loss this year was to SD State and Cats just handled Jackrabbits pretty handily without 3 key players. And Cats beat #1 ranked undefeated team in their home stadium to get to the Jackrabbits.

Using that reasoning: Only Bison loss this year was to SD State and Cats just handled Jackrabbits pretty handily without 3 key players. And Cats beat #1 ranked undefeated team in their home stadium to get to the Jackrabbits.
Griz handily beat the Cats, James Madison beat the Griz, ND State beat James Madison.

Maybe it doesn’t mean anything, but I think ND State will win.

Griz handily beat the Cats,
Much like the recent loss sustained by the Griz, the Cats starter QB was out as he had already in effect "quit". Plus that was prior to the era of Butte's "Touchdown Tommy" starter QB debut.
Maybe it doesn’t mean anything, ....
You are correct, it really doesn't matter what you or I think or wish ... but I think we can expect an exciting game during which we can cheer on our respective favorites.

I am a Bison alum ... but that was Great Falls HS. My college alumus status and allegiance goes to MSU Bobcat nation. GO CATS, GO!!!

This division of football is won on the morale field more-so than skill. College players outside of Big 12 NFL bound schools are challenged with this one aspect... Griz, Cats, etc...

Mellott and company were amped! D played good ball second half. Cats MUST find another Mellott that's a flipping RB not Mellott thinking he is a QB/RB... A QB who feels it's on him to get the job done as a RB is one that will fall, just as Cam Humphreys did that sunk the Griz.
155 QB Rushing yards is bound to find the IR table.

Being an SDSU alumni, I was pulling for the Jacks but Grandpa was a Cat, so I’ve got to pull for them…even though my wife is from Fargo. We had it all covered…lol.

A heavy Montana resident contingency on HT makes the 50-50 poll no surprise. Both are good teams. Each is able to win it all but hard to bet against the Bison in a title game. They expect to win and that means a lot when you are talking about 20-year-old kids managing the emotions of high-pressure games.

Before putting $$$ down on a bet it is worth remembering that in the last 11 years:

Alabama title game record 6-2
Tom Brady Super Bowl record 4-2 (plus 3-1 before that time window)
NDSU FCS title game record 8-0
NDSU is 29-0 when having more than 1 week to prepare for the game
NDSU is 129-1 when gaining at least 160 yds rushing. (and is still 19-11 when held below that number)
The Bobcats and Bison have met three times in the playoffs - Bison have outscored Bobcats by 95 points in three wins.

While nothing is guaranteed, it is hard to find a better bet than NDSU in a title game.

The only time I’ve ever cheered for the cats was during college when one of my longest childhood friends was the running back. I will be going for them in this game, but they have a pretty tall task ahead of them to beat NDSU.

didn’t the jackrabbits beat up the bison?
They did . SDSU was also far superior to MSU in my opinion they (mostly coaches) blew it . Bison will roll the cats . The bison d will Not let the qb have a field day and the bison will figure out a way to run around Anderson . 37-14 Bison

I’ve been to 4 of Ndsu’s games in Frisco. Will be a last minute decision to see if this will be my 5th trip. Have a ice fishing trip planned that weekend but we will see

didn’t the jackrabbits beat up the bison?
SDSU and NDSU are like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Sure Peyton would run up some regular season totals in matchups with Brady - but come playoffs it was all about Brady. So while NDSU has been winning 8 of the last 10 titles SDSU has snuck in a few regular season wins and zero titles.

I am not saying Bobcats can’t win, they look like a solid team and Bison QB play has been it’s worst in a decade. But there is a big difference between beating SDSU in a home game and beating NDSU in Frisco.

Should be a great game. Good luck to Bobcat fans, you’ve been missing out on the Frisco experience for 36 years.

One thing to consider is that traditionally, nobody travels to Frisco better than NDSU fans. So typically the atmosphere is also in their favor. My daughter is leaning towards attending NDSU next year and history is for sure on NDSUs side. So I am going NDSU!

One thing to consider is that traditionally, nobody travels to Frisco better than NDSU fans. So typically the atmosphere is also in their favor. My daughter is leaning towards attending NDSU next year and history is for sure on NDSUs side. So I am going NDSU!
... and you don't have so far to go to Fargo!

Work partner and his brother (Both MSU Alumni) are off to Frisco to cheer their team on (leaving Jan 6th) . He and I (UM) frequently rag on each other throughout the year though I'm cheering them on regardless. It's Montana. :) The last best place... right?

SDSU and NDSU are like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Sure Peyton would run up some regular season totals in matchups with Brady - but come playoffs it was all about Brady. So while NDSU has been winning 8 of the last 10 titles SDSU has snuck in a few regular season wins and zero titles.

I am not saying Bobcats can’t win, they look like a solid team and Bison QB play has been it’s worst in a decade. But there is a big difference between beating SDSU in a home game and beating NDSU in Frisco.

Should be a great game. Good luck to Bobcat fans, you’ve been missing out on the Frisco experience for 36 years.
Agreed . The bison weakness is the qb play neither is any good

An acquaintance at the gym has a son playing for MSU. I tried to get a wager going with him this morning. He bantered back that I should not be able to root for both the Griz and the Bison.

He still declined an offer to have a friendly wager. That is a tell, I think.

The Bison have been there, done that, over and over. The players going there expect to play and win in that game, beginning on the day they accept their scholarship.

I hope it is a good game. If the Bobcats win, I will be happy for them. But, I think the Bison will win it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back