Bobcats v. Bison

Who will win this years FCS title game?

• 16 time National Champion NDSU Bison

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Montana State Bobcats

Votes: 45 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody heard what the Vegas point spread is?
I haven't seen - probably a little early for a "lesser event".

A group of NDSU buddies and I got bored with Frisco after the first 3 wins and have been going to Vegas instead - way more fun. I will post my winning (or losing) ticket on this forum. It will be a money-line bet as when it comes to the Bison (or much less frequently the Vikings) I enjoy rooting for the win and not pushing for a cover. My Bison bets are now 5-0 so we will see what luck brings us this year.

Last edited:
Montana State has been playing great lately but I'll be surprised if they keep this even a one score game. I think NDSU rolls.
Don't sleep on the Cats. They are hungry and they want it more than the Bison. Ineffables like that are hard to quantify.

I would love to see the Cats beat the Bison but I am not optimistic.
I understand. It's a tall mountain ti climb but I think we can do it. Our defense is lit and we have the grand chess master Vigen at the helm. I like our chances.

Don't sleep on the Cats. They are hungry and they want it more than the Bison. Ineffables like that are hard to quantify.
Did you survey each team and have a bunch of the bison players say they don't want to win? Haha I'm just kidding... kind of. But to say the cats want it more like its a concrete fact is a stretch.

Unfortunately I think NDSU wins though this griz fan will be rooting for Montana. Can't discount that the cats defense just stopped two high powered offenses. I think that keeps the game close and gives the cats a chance.

Cats weren't given much of a chance in the last two games either but here they are. I am still realistic about their chances against the Bizon. I wouldn't necessarily predict a win but I think they will keep it close and have a chance.

So you who prognosticate the Cats loss to NDSU say that the Jackrabbits victory over the Bison was a fluke. ???
I'd say so. Kind of like in 2015 (?) When Montana beat NDSU in regular season and then NDSU beat them by over 30 in the playoffs. The bison seem to find a different gear in the playoffs. Not sure if it's complacency in the regular season or just great coaching in the playoffs but something obviously changes.

You have Vigen now, thank you for that by the way, was glad to see him leave. He has a long history of playing it too tight in bigger games. North Dakota easy.

Last edited:
Betting, I‘d put my money on the Bison.

But the good news is it’s college football, and far more is possible on a given day then in the NFL.

Go Cats!

So you who prognosticate the Cats loss to NDSU say that the Jackrabbits victory over the Bison was a fluke. ???
Who beat who in the regular season is largely irrelevant in the playoffs. SDSU has beat NDSU several times in the regular seaons and then lost in the playoffs to the Bison or other teams the Bison later beat. Using, X beat Y and Y beat Z so X will beat Z can often lead to 2-10 teams supposedly better than champions.

But let's be clear, I am not pounding my chest about this year's Bison - it's probably their second weakest team in a over a decade. They lack a clear #1 back, a consistently healthy #1 receiver, and a clear big game QB. But they still remain the highest-rated team in left the playoffs.

But if Bobcats win, it will not because they, "want it more" or, "SDSU beat NDSU 8 weeks ago in Brookings". Those are meaningless straw-grasping. If they win it will because their D makes NDSu's sub-par QB look sub-par on that day and their young QB rises to the pressure of a title game.

Maybe that happens, maybe it doesn't. But you can't be the king until you beat the king, not a few princeling wannabees. And even then you have to repeat that success 3 or 4 years in a row before the Bison are really knocked from the throne - just ask SDSU, Southern Illinois, Sam Houston State and JMU.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back