Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

SMH
They're gonna drive @Gerald Martin to cursing at some point here, and he's the nicest person on the internet.
Bills like this are the reason why if there is a different administration and the opportunity to ban outfitters altogether were presented, I would vote for it gladly.
They have shown time and time again that they care for nothing else except their wallets. Not the resource, not the people across the state who share that resource. Not anything except what they think will benefit them.
I am so pissed, I say stick it to them in the place it really hurts them. Ban the commercial opportunity to guide for the taking of wildlife, just like the sale of wildlife for meat and profit was banned decades ago.

Sorry about the decent people who would loose their livelihoods in the process.

Fellas........would one of you please point out to me and/or anyone else wondering, where in fact MOGA’S name is on this bill. I’ll wait.
I'm waiting for answers to the two simple questions I asked.

Actually, when I first saw this thread and read the first post I called a few people to ask them about it as I had not a clue it was out there. Turns out......nobody else did either. So.....no etching and no fingerprints, just saying. As far as the “opposing”, I couldn’t tell you one way or the other. I don’t take elk hunters so I dont have a dog in the fight.

Actually, when I first saw this thread and read the first post I called a few people to ask them about it as I had not a clue it was out there. Turns out......nobody else did either. So.....no etching and no fingerprints, just saying. As far as the “opposing”, I couldn’t tell you one way or the other. I don’t take elk hunters so I dont have a dog in the fight.
You don't have a dog in the fight by doing what's best for wildlife in the State you live in?

Man, that MOGA leash they have you on must be pretty tight, and short...

Please show me in the amended text to the MCA where it specifies this would only pertain to archery, and

How does killing more bulls in an over objective unit follow the elk management plan and bring populations back to within objective?
JLS, I cannot show you in the amended text where it says that. Actually I have been calling around (MOGA members) to find this out. BUT...since it isn’t our bill, nobody can answer that. Apparently I was wrong by assuming that it only pertains to archery (admitting your wrong is not that hard, trying to lead by example).

Again, I haven’t read the fine print on this bill......since it isn’t MOGA’S...does it just specify harvesting bulls? Aren’t cows on permits in the breaks as well?

Fellas........would one of you please point out to me and/or anyone else wondering, where in fact MOGA’S name is on this bill. I’ll wait.
I'm sure we won't see MOGA's name on it as surely as we won't see MOGA testifying against it. This is a bill from UPOM and friends on behalf of the their high dollar non-resident donors.

Many out-of-staters bought ranches in Limited Entry elk districts. They're PO'd that if there are not enough tags in the landowner pool, these NR's have to stand in line with the deplorables.

It is that simple. So, they get the bill pushed by the habitual whiners who have complained since the Breaks were put on a limited entry draw for archery. Rather than their normal route of focusing on the Breaks, they are going for the entire package this time.

The political donations require that it must include elk hunting district 411 and surrounding areas. The fact that it will include some other great LE areas is even more appealing to some of that out-of-state money.

It appears that mantra of the current legislative powers in Helena adhere to the principle of ..."The only problem with tainted money is that there 'taint enough of it."

does it just specify harvesting bulls? Aren’t cows on permits in the breaks as well?
The vast majority of them are general units for antlerless elk.

The EMP (when someone could still find it), stated that when an elk unit was consistently over objective, one of the management options was to limit or end bull harvest so as to direct most or all of the elk hunting towards cows. Isn't this counterintuitive to that?

If this passes would it take effect this or next season....if they open up some LE areas to general tag holders i want to be there for the opener! (If i understand legislation)

The vast majority of them are general units for antlerless elk.

The EMP (when someone could still find it), stated that when an elk unit was consistently over objective, one of the management options was to limit or end bull harvest so as to direct most or all of the elk hunting towards cows. Isn't this counterintuitive to that?
So you are telling me that the certain districts in Region 7 that are permit areas are general for cows? News to me. I thought that only pertained to private land. 700 is 630% over objective last I knew and I’m pretty sure that it requires a permit to kill a cow. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong...which often times I am.

So you are telling me that the certain districts in Region 7 that are permit areas are general for cows? News to me. I thought that only pertained to private land. 700 is 630% over objective last I knew and I’m pretty sure that it requires a permit to kill a cow. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong...which often times I am.
General license is good for cows in some region 700 units OFF national forest.

Plenty of districts that are permit for bulls are general unit for cows. Durfee Hills, Bears Paw Mountains, Highwood Mountains/Square Butte, Bull Mountains, etc.

Back