Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Big Montana Double!!

Critter, you never dissapoint, looks like the boys are following in your footsteps. Great year, and it's still early!

Matt, I think you've posted it before but what .243 is Braden shooting? Is it the Remington SPS youth?

I'm needing to go down a bit in recoil for my son. He's not liking my '06 too well. :)

Those are giants! How in the world are you going to follow that up?! Congrats, what a fantastic hunt!

2 fantastic bucks! Congrats!

One thing I find interesting is how different the racks are. Most of the bucks we shoot in my area are kinda, fairly similar. Those two are polar opposites!

Matt, I think you've posted it before but what .243 is Braden shooting? Is it the Remington SPS youth?

I'm needing to go down a bit in recoil for my son. He's not liking my '06 too well. :)

Gerald, picked up a .243 Remington youth compact model 723. Loaded up 95 Grain Hornady SST bullets behind 41.5 gr IMR 4350.

I'll be honest, I've actually not seen many factory rifles shoot as good as this one. Lawnboy and I went out and shot one day and I set a target at 430 yards. Can't remember if it was 4 shots or 5 shots but the entire group at 430 was right about 4 inches.

Its a sweet little gun, in fact, I wish I would have bought both the .243 and the 7mm-08 when they had the sale. Bought the gun for 290 bucks!

2 fantastic bucks! Congrats!

One thing I find interesting is how different the racks are. Most of the bucks we shoot in my area are kinda, fairly similar. Those two are polar opposites!

I've been hunting these areas for a long time and I don't know that I can recall seeing a buck as wide as Bradens ever before. And we don't see many non typical stuff either so for Tate to get one like that was another treat.

And for what its worth Gerald, Braden is a tiny little dude. You hand him that rifle and and 100 rounds, he will sit and shoot till the barrel melts.

We got into the prairie dogs and I finally had to tell him to take a break and let the barrel cool down. This little gun doesn't kick bad at all!

Gerald, picked up a .243 Remington youth compact model 723. Loaded up 95 Grain Hornady SST bullets behind 41.5 gr IMR 4350.

I'll be honest, I've actually not seen many factory rifles shoot as good as this one. Lawnboy and I went out and shot one day and I set a target at 430 yards. Can't remember if it was 4 shots or 5 shots but the entire group at 430 was right about 4 inches.

Its a sweet little gun, in fact, I wish I would have bought both the .243 and the 7mm-08 when they had the sale. Bought the gun for 290 bucks!
Did you mean 783? Either way, you have me convinced that I need to get my son a centerfire rifle. Thanks for the nudge... :D

You've ruined these kids for life!
Is there any room to be adopted? I come with a full-time job and a pickup for transport...just need the help hunting.

Great story and pics. Mthuntr is also quite the load hauler as he is very capable of carrying more than his fair share of elk. You should seriously consider adopting him :)

Did you mean 783? Either way, you have me convinced that I need to get my son a centerfire rifle. Thanks for the nudge... :D

You are absolutely right! Typo on my part, sorry:) Yes, youth compact 783, not 723. It was funny, I had just written a check for $723 for some electrical bills, must be why I had it on my mind:)

Thanks for pointing out 1_pointer;)

Great bucks. That should stoke the hunting fire in those kids for a LONG time to come. Thanks for sharing.

Back