Caribou Gear Tarp

Biden Plan to End Online Ammo Sales

I’ll take the LEO’s word on it over yours thank you.

I also could care less about any legal or other consequences at that time. My sister’s and niece’s well being was my only concern LEO’s were 30 minutes out.

Anyone who would sit on there hands if they were me in that situation because of any concern for their own well being legal oe otherwise needs to grow a spine.

You like painting with a broad brush. It's tiring.

Makes no sense to me. It completely negates a very effective means of deterrence or means of controlling a bad situation before things get worse.
Because the liability and risk is not worth any perceived benefit.

And the little cracks at our 2A continue...
Virginia:
Virginia's new gun control laws passed by the <HT Censored Political Party> controlled state legislature go into effect Wednesday.

The measures includes background checks on all gun sales in the state, a civil penalty for failing to report a lost or stolen gun within 48 hours and a limit on handgun purchases to one per month.

Yes... Of course, a person may take the four handguns purchased to a gun fight so s/he may shoot with feet and hands! We can't have that... Let's say, a law abiding American may only purchase one handgun per month... Wait s/he can do this after four months...

This is another example of making small fissures in our 2A stone... No viable 2A reason for our government, State or Federal, make a law restricting a person to one purchase per month...

Sad...

No I like fitting people in shoes that fit.

Goodnight.

We fitting shoes or hats on this thread?

I’ll take the LEO’s word on it over yours thank you.

Someone must have a good meme for this one.

Should I let that argument continue for the irony and humor it is providing and not lock this thread? Wish I could do a midstream poll.

Never mind. It's late. Let's just go to bed. I am sure some of these folks will have enough spare energy to get us over 700 posts tomorrow. Especially energetic when they get to argue "use of force" protocols with the trained LEOs on Hunt Talk.

Anyone who stands there with their finger on the trigger, pointing their firearm at someone does not likely have the mental capacity to own and properly use a firearm for self defense.

Pointing a firearm at someone is considered brandishing and or assault in many states and can often be charged a felony. Good way to lose your 2A rights.
So what is reasonable when a mob breaks through your locked gate and comes at you heading towards your home? Then threatens you and your family. These folks have an excellent case for a self defense claim if charged with assault. Especially given the backdrop of the prior riots. It's easy to criticize someone while watching a video on your computer while sitting on your couch. They could have done things differently but I think in the heat of the moment people resort to basic functionality.

Last edited:
I disagree that well regulated militia refers to State regulated militia’s. But of course they do not specify who does the regulating.

What is the point of adding that “ the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” if the State is to do the regulating? Is it that the State doesn’t have to provide the weapons? If that is the case that once again disqualifies the NG and reserves.

Again. Well regulated means uniformity in training and weapons. One big problem at the time of the revolution was that the citizen soldiers showed up with no prior formal military training or uniform arms. Their arms were various calibers from .32 to .70. That made logistical supply for ball a nightmare not to mention overall effectiveness in battle. The men of our Republic are the militia, always have been. The Federal Govt supplies the weapons and gear to the States. They don’t buy it. The various military branches are in charge of the training regimen for the NG’s. It’s never been done to my knowledge but I’m pretty sure a State can abolish its NG if it wanted to.

Should I let that argument continue for the irony and humor it is providing and not lock this thread? Wish I could do a midstream poll.

Never mind. It's late. Let's just go to bed. I am sure some of these folks will have enough spare energy to get us over 700 posts tomorrow. Especially energetic when they get to argue "use of force" protocols with the trained LEOs on Hunt Talk.

It’s early so I am on cup of coffee number 1 here.

I’m honestly not sure what to make of your post especially the parts about the “irony in my statement”, “ the humor it provided” and “ arguing with trained LEO’s”. Maybe I am missing something?

I can take my licks, and in some aspects I deserve them. But I am still not sure what you meant with your post.

In any case please don’t lock the thread because of me. There has been some good discussion on here. I am turning off notifications on this thread and bowing out apparently not so gracefully.

Let me just say, I look around my community here where I live, which is very similar demographically to the rest of the country as a whole, and see a minuscule crime rate, no riots, a few protests, and all in all a community that gets along with one another. I have to ask myself why? I figure that our community leaders as a whole here must be doing something right, including law enforcement.

I’m honestly not sure what to make of your post especially the parts about the “irony in my statement”, “ the humor it provided” and “ arguing with trained LEO’s”. Maybe I am missing something?

I can take my licks, and in some aspects I deserve them. But I am still not sure what you meant with your post.

In any case please don’t lock the thread because of me. There has been some good discussion on here. I am turning off notifications on this thread and bowing out apparently not so gracefully.

Let me just say, I look around my community here where I live, which is very similar demographically to the rest of the country as a whole, and see a minuscule crime rate, no riots, a few protests, and all in all a community that gets along with one another. I have to ask myself why? I figure that our community leaders as a whole here must be doing something right, including law enforcement.
20200702_072954.jpg

How about this one?

BackFlickeringCollardlizard-size_restricted.gif

Just a quick thought, but probably enough to fan the flames a bit.

If you are afraid enough of a group of people to pick up a weapon for protection, why the hell would you leave your very solid house and walk out onto your lawn out in the open? Not very smart. NOW you have become the aggressor.

The irony is that you were willing to take the word of your local LEO over that of a member here that you assumed (incorrectly) had no LEO experience. You don't seem to be willing to accept that your local boys gave you a break, for whatever reason.

Let's just see what the outcome is of muffy and biff. Probably nothing because they can afford a good attorney, but as in your case, that still doesn't mean they didn't break the law.

What the hell this has to do with online ammo sales, I have no idea, so I'm out on this one. Just wanted to help you understand what Big Fin was trying to tell you.

Last edited:
Back