Biden Plan to End Online Ammo Sales

I'm really confused why anyone is bashing the homeowners for anything they appear to have done incorrectly. Seems to me it work out for them. We should be bashing the criminals that caused the event in the first place. I don't care how silly or wrong I may look defending my home/property, I'm going to defend it. And when people are scared, they are going to do a few things to survive best they can. Even if it's stand there like a "go away" sign. I really don't care if the criminals catch lead if they set the event into motion. I'll send flowers to their family and cry for them later. They should leave people alone. Let my beat down and memes begin... :rolleyes:

I'm really confused why anyone is bashing the homeowners for anything they appear to have done incorrectly. Seems to me it work out for them. We should be bashing the criminals that caused the event in the first place. I don't care how silly or wrong I may look defending my home/property, I'm going to defend it. And when people are scared, they are going to do a few things to survive best they can. Even if it's stand there like a "go away" sign. I really don't care if the criminals catch lead if they set the event into motion. I'll send flowers to their family and cry for them later. They should leave people alone. Let my beat down and memes begin... :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that, generally, starting out respectfully gets you respectful responses. Starting out disrespectfully gets you disrespectful responses.

I think the rub here is them leaving their house and standing on the front lawn. In FL we have stand your ground laws. If I catch some joker in my house and kill him/her I will likely be protected by law. If a joker breaks into my house, hears my alarm and starts to leave, but I run out on my lawn and kill him/her on the street I'm going to be in trouble (even if I'm still standing on my private property).

If they had simply stayed in their home, or sat on the porch with their firearms resting across their lap to show some form of force, I think many of us would be looking at it differently. I have a hard time arguing that they are a good image/representation of other gun owners. And frankly, if a protester did start to storm their home and they killed him/her from the porch/inside the home, they'd have a pretty safe self defense argument. Unless I'm mistaken, that AR-15 has plenty enough reach to defend from a distance.

I think you'll find that, generally, starting out respectfully gets you respectful responses. Starting out disrespectfully gets you disrespectful responses.

I think the rub here is them leaving their house and standing on the front lawn. In FL we have stand your ground laws. If I catch some joker in my house and kill him/her I will likely be protected by law. If a joker breaks into my house, hears my alarm and starts to leave, but I run out on my lawn and kill him/her on the street I'm going to be in trouble (even if I'm still standing on my private property).

If they had simply stayed in their home, or sat on the porch with their firearms resting across their lap to show some form of force, I think many of us would be looking at it differently. I have a hard time arguing that they are a good image/representation of other gun owners. And frankly, if a protester did start to storm their home and they killed him/her from the porch/inside the home, they'd have a pretty safe self defense argument. Unless I'm mistaken, that AR-15 has plenty enough reach to defend from a distance.

I'm not sure where I was being disrespectful? I stated a fact that I am confused about something. But, maybe I was viewed that way. Perception is kind of what I'm talking about. From what I have read and seen from people much smarter that I am, that in Missouri they did nothing wrong and did not break the law, no charges for them. If they had shot someone, I am sure there would be some legal battles to over come, not to mention some criminal's family would probably sue for damages of some sort. But, so would anyone who shoots someone protecting their property or family most likely.

Suggestion:
If you want to have a debate on Ken & Karen's rights to brandish on their property and trigger discipline maybe create a thread called "Stupid homeowners that point guns at rioters" instead of piling on in a discussion about Biden's goal to limit online ammo sales?

:unsure:

Last edited:
Suggestion:
If you want to have a debate on Ken & Karen's rights to brandish on their property and trigger discipline maybe create a thread called "Stupid homeowners that point guns at rioters" instead of piling on in a discussion about Biden's attempt to limit online ammo sales?

:unsure:
My 2 cents on the meandering nature of HT threads - Get 7 guys/gals in a bar, start a discussion on topic A, watch them for the next two hours. It will not be a linear. There will be branching discussions, circling back to the main topic, gentle ribbing, exchanged barbs, humorous non sequiturs, reminiscence, etc. This is normal human discussion. Why would we expect several hundred users over 5 days and over 500 comments to stay on a perfect track. The conversation will wander, if someone thinks it is no longer interesting or useful to them then they can simply ignore.

The full range of on-point unique takes/facts/opinions to almost any topic are uttered by 50th post. If a person chooses to go past #51 then it will be a mixed bag for sure, but that is a choice. If their interest is solely limited to the narrow initial topic then they have already gotten all they need in the first two pages. They can just move along.

Last edited:

I was referring to this part about getting "beat down". Others that received that treatment because of their approach. You haven't because of your approach (y)

I'm not sure where I was being disrespectful? I stated a fact that I am confused about something. But, maybe I was viewed that way. Perception is kind of what I'm talking about. From what I have read and seen from people much smarter that I am, that in Missouri they did nothing wrong and did not break the law, no charges for them. If they had shot someone, I am sure there would be some legal battles to over come, not to mention some criminal's family would probably sue for damages of some sort. But, so would anyone who shoots someone protecting their property or family most likely.

Me too. I hope they don't get charged, honestly. And I wish they would have stayed in their house or on their porch so that we wouldn't be having this conversation about perception. No one here is defending how the female handled the weapon because we all recognize that it was atrocious. If I remember correctly, the male even said that she had no training or experience with firearms. That gives a lot of room for bad perception.

You're not wrong @VikingsGuy, but I personally see this as likely some of the reason why folks like onpoint (Tim?) leave the forum. Because they enter a discussion with interest on the topic title and instead find the thread has been totally hijacked on something unrelated and the hijackers insist on bickering over their point regardless of tons of hints from other members to shut up and take it out outside.

Again... it was intended as a "Suggestion," not yet another point to fight over.

My 2 cents on the meandering nature of HT threads - Get 7 guys/gals in a bar, start a discussion on topic A, watch them for the next two hours. It will not be a linear. There will be branching discussions, circling back to the main topic, gentle ribbing, exchanged barbs, humorous non sequiturs, reminiscence, etc. This is normal human discussion. Why would we expect several hundred users over 5 days and over 500 comments to stay on a perfect track. The conversation will wander, if someone thinks it is no longer interesting or useful to them then they can simply ignore.

The full range of on-point unique points/facts/opinions to almost any topic are uttered by 50th post. If a person chooses to go past #51 then it will be a mixed bag for sure, but that is a choice. If their interest is solely limited to the narrow initial topic then they have already gotten all they need in the first two pages. They can just move along.

Thanks Norm.....there's a slow buffalo theorem in there somewhere.

The full range of on-point unique takes/facts/opinions to almost any topic are uttered by 50th post. If a person chooses to go past #51 then it will be a mixed bag for sure, but that is a choice. If their interest is solely limited to the narrow initial topic then they have already gotten all they need in the first two pages. They can just move along.

There has been many places where this thread has gone off topic. I didnt start the conversation about the two home owners. I was just stating I was confused. I would have thought there would be more support for them. However, message received and I will move along. 👍

True, some even have too much to drink and try to sail the notion that the 2A didn't really exist for 200+ years. ;)

There has been many places where this thread has gone off topic. I didnt start the conversation about the two home owners. I was just stating I was confused. I would have thought there would be more support for them. However, message received and I will move along. 👍
Don't let a handful of left leaning lawyer-types get you down. If the S ever hits the fan for them, they will be trying to have a nuanced conversation with the criminals. We will have to see how that works out for them:unsure:

For clarity, my message was not for you or any other to stay on topic, it was to tell an earlier poster not to get worked up when people wander off topic this late in a thread.

Last edited:
True, some even have too much to drink and try to sail the notion that the 2A didn't really exist for 200+ years. ;)
You have become adept at a favorite HT dodging technique handed down by a few of the long-timers . . . the artful partially true mischaracterization of another's point. Well done.

Don't let a handful of left leaning lawyer-types get you down. If the S ever hits the fan for them, they will be trying to have a nuanced conversation with the criminals. We will have to see how that works out for them:unsure:
Yup - the world only has ignorant bullies and educated 99lb weaklings - only "damned liberals" and "right thinking folks" - what a simple tidy world you live in. But I am neither liberal or a pushover - my family will be just fine, but thanks for your concern. Carry on.

Yup - the world only has ignorant bullies and educated 99lb weaklings - only "damned liberals" and "right thinking folks" - what a simple tidy world you live in. But I am neither liberal or a pushover - my family will be just fine, but thanks for your concern. Carry on.
I was calling out anyone in particular. But I guess if the shoe fits ;)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back