PEAX Equipment

Biden Plan to End Online Ammo Sales

I don't do political debates, but what really amazes me is the lack of truly excellent candidates that we have running for our Nation's highest office. This isn't a recent phenomenon, it has been the case for decades. We are a country blessed with some of the most incredibly capable people in the world, yet none of them run for office.
I look forward to the day that we actually see some of them run for the Presidency, maybe it's just a dream. Each election cycle I am hopeful, but always end up being disappointed with the lack of choices, thus I end up settling with the choice that is less bad. I think this is the case with the majority of voters - sad really.

Let’s just call this what it is; racism. Poor minorities, that live in violent places already struggle to have access to firearms, due to strong gun control laws.
If they can’t make purchases online, they have no legal access to firearms or ammo.
Joe is a holdover of the Jim Crow era racist dems. He spent 36 years instituting the pillars of systemic racism via crime bills and expansion of the drug war, as a senator. Why stop now?

I enjoy being able to purchase online ammo. I’m not always able to find .38-55 WIN and WBY ammo in stores.

I really struggle just to find Hornady 162 grain eld-x at a store in Phoenix. Seems like AR-15 target/competition shooters outnumber hunters here about 50:1 and every store caters to that. Those are great, but I would be glad to buy from a local store instead of midway but Midway is by far, the best option.

More stupid ideas from a national-level candidate that give evidence to explain why I will never belong to any party.

The entire gun control idea is a bailout of the highest degree. Nobody has been able to explain to me how tighter controls on guns and ammo will change poverty, education, economic opportunity, and other underlying generational causes of crime. All I can conclude is that promoting gun control ideas is a lot easier than the hard work ahead that would actually make a difference in poverty-driven crime. I'm interested in solving crime and the hard work it will take to truly make a long-term difference. It needs to be done without infringing on Constitutional Rights, in this case, 2A.

This is more simplistic feel-good lip service to supposedly solve difficult problems, none of which will be solved by infringing on the rights of gun owners. Never in my lifetime has a complex problem been solved by infringing on the rights of others.

I posted this on my Facebook page a couple years back, along with a pic of my great grandfather's US Naturalization Application. It explains why I distrust power-hungry political leaders, why I will never be peacefully disarmed, and why every Finn has distrust and suspicion of anything Russian or ideas about disarming the population. Only two generations separate me from a great grandfather who had to flee his country due to an overbearing Russian influence and the fact that the people were mostly unarmed/disarmed.

Some think I'm out on the lunatic fringe because of my absolutism on 1A and 2A. If that's the appearance it gives, I'll live with it.

I normally post on my personal page about once a month, so I guess tonight I'll give two months of posts. Earlier, I posted facts about Russian aggression in this world, making no mention of any political parties; merely a factual timeline of Russian attacks over the last century. The response was surprising in many ways.
I attached this pic for a reason; to show why I distrust/dislike all that Russia is and all it ever will be; supported by facts of my other post. To also explain why I will never be disarmed, never.
This pic is the Naturalization application of my great-grandfather, Matias Puolivali. He was 26 years old when he was forced to leave Finland, a country he dearly loved, fearing conscription in the Russian Army or the eventual Russification of Finland. He came to America, worked as a miner in the iron mines of northern Minnesota, and per his oldest daughter's account (my grandmother), went to his grave feeling the United States and its Constitution were the greatest idea in the history of mankind, warts and all.
My grandmother was the keeper of the family history. Her advice at a young age was to never trust the Russian government; a fact proven by history, time and again. Another fact she told me was that her father vowed he would never again be a disarmed man. Being disarmed, he and many of his fellow Finns were given no choice but to flee or become subjects of the Russians. He chose America, and for that I will always be grateful.
And that is why I view Russia as I do, why I will never be disarmed, and why I donate to causes that advocate for all Constitutional rights, not just the rights I find most comforting. Some of my friends may struggle to understand that notion, especially conflicted that I can be avid in supporting both the 1st and 2nd Amendment Rights; rights often considered sole political turf of one side or the other.
I am the third generation carrying the lessons of my great-grandfather, but his lessons give me the same feeling he expressed, America is a great place. Thanks to our Constitution, I will never be disarmed, or at least not peacefully disarmed. I can exercise all my freedoms of speech, religion, protest, assembly, and more. I have rights my ancestors would have died for, literally.
So, if you wonder the origins of my distrust of Russia, why I'm confused when some are apologists for Russia with the given historical facts, and why I will never surrender my right to keep and bear arms, this story is why. From his lessons I am a party-agnostic with no use for hyper-partisans on either side of a game played by insiders who too often treat these inalienable rights as merely a ball to kick back and forth in the game they call politics.
I am forever grateful to my Grandmother. For her love, counsel, and the life lessons she effectively taught. Sisu!

Last edited:
I don't do political debates, but what really amazes me is the lack of truly excellent candidates that we have running for our Nation's highest office. This isn't a recent phenomenon, it has been the case for decades. We are a country blessed with some of the most incredibly capable people in the world, yet none of them run for office.
I look forward to the day that we actually see some of them run for the Presidency, maybe it's just a dream. Each election cycle I am hopeful, but always end up being disappointed with the lack of choices, thus I end up settling with the choice that is less bad. I think this is the case with the majority of voters - sad really.

You have to ask yourself (and the country), what makes it so unappealing? Is it the relatively minimal (direct) salary compared to other, private, high level positions? Is it the fact that you're going to be relentlessly attacked by +/- 50% of the media in this country for your whole term? Is it the fact that every mistake you've ever made, verifiable or not, hearsay or not, will be brought before the court of public opinion?

I enjoy being able to purchase online ammo. I’m not always able to find .38-55 WIN and WBY ammo in stores.

100%, most firearm stores don't carry .264 win mag period, if they do they only carry crappy coreloks. Basspro/cabelas don't even sell the reloading components I use on their websites let alone in stores.

Since I started hunting all of my big game ammo and component purchase have been online direct to consumer sales or from midway/natchez.

These type of laws seem to be geared towards ease of implementation rather than ability to achieve meaningful results.

You have to ask yourself (and the country), what makes it so unappealing? Is it the relatively minimal (direct) salary compared to other, private, high level positions? Is it the fact that you're going to be relentlessly attacked by +/- 50% of the media in this country for your whole term? Is it the fact that every mistake you've ever made, verifiable or not, hearsay or not, will be brought before the court of public opinion?
Good questions. All those aspects you mentioned may play some role. I think it comes down more to barriers of entry. I can't think of many "real" (actually had a chance) presidential candidates in our history that weren't already long term politicians or at least military lifers. Trump and Perot come to mind. It seems that anyone that has been in politics or other high level bureaucracy for any amount of time has been corrupted to some extent. Had to compromise their morals and belief system to move up the ladder. I don't have the answer, but most presidential candidates have so many "favors owed" by the time they get to that level of power that they are pretty much figure heads to various special interest groups. I wish it were different.

Last edited:
Agree, 100% dump stance. I've started shooting a 284 win a bit. Thankfully I have the reloading components, otherwise I'd be SOL, it's pretty hard to find ammo anywhere but gunbroker.

I think you have two issues with the lack of excellent candidates.
1. Many people would say we do have excellent candidates, just not many of "us"
2. Look at what we do to politicians, we've made the office something no sane person would want.

I feel like a lot of these laws are proposed and enacted without considering reality.

Recent example.

Without an LTC you can't purchase ammo or reloading supplies in MA, but you may bring them in from other states if you have a MA hunting license.

Closest store that carries what I need... in NH
1593442550459.png

Closest store in MA that carries what I need.
1593443217495.png

I feel like a lot of these laws are proposed and enacted without considering reality.

Recent example.

Without an LTC you can't purchase ammo or reloading supplies in MA, but you may bring them in from other states if you have a MA hunting license.

Closest store that carries what I need... in NH
View attachment 145147

Closest store in MA that carries what I need.
View attachment 145149
What is that???...like two blocks away? ; )

I too shy away from political debates but wholeheartedly agree. The candidates we have today are certainly far from the best that this country has to offer. Unfortunately, they way things are now, every candidate's entire life is put under a microscope and even the slightest impropriety is put out for all the world to see and used as leverage and/or shame. I can't imagine going through that level of scrutiny and putting my friends and family through it too.

Back