Caribou Gear Tarp

Biden Plan to End Online Ammo Sales

I feel like a lot of these laws are proposed and enacted without considering reality.

Recent example.

Without an LTC you can't purchase ammo or reloading supplies in MA, but you may bring them in from other states if you have a MA hunting license.

Closest store that carries what I need... in NH

Closest store in MA that carries what I need.
I feel for you man, I lived in that general area for many many miserable years. My advice: get out while you can, before it's too late....no money in the world is worth it. That part of the country is the closest to Communism that just about anywhere in the U.S.

I plan to start reloading a few years. I have a few work related moves that are part of my delay before I set up a reloading bench. Should consider going ahead and getting my tools now while I have online options.

Regardless of where you stand, it's important to vote. A non-vote is the equivalent of voting against 2A which is exactly what the Democrats want us to do. They want us to stay home. I don't like either candidate but 2A, public land management, outdoor recreation are the number one issues I am considering on who I will vote for. Lack of civility and rule of law in the inner cities is also a major concern.

I don't do political debates, but what really amazes me is the lack of truly excellent candidates that we have running for our Nation's highest office. This isn't a recent phenomenon, it has been the case for decades. We are a country blessed with some of the most incredibly capable people in the world, yet none of them run for office.
I look forward to the day that we actually see some of them run for the Presidency, maybe it's just a dream. Each election cycle I am hopeful, but always end up being disappointed with the lack of choices, thus I end up settling with the choice that is less bad. I think this is the case with the majority of voters - sad really.
This is so true. But then I ask myself if I'd want that job. Nope. Sounds like some sort of nightmare to me. In all seriousness, I think the election process is probably as much a turn-off as the actual job. We could probably improve things a bit by just improving our primary and general election processes.

I've never bought a firearm or ammo online, just in person locally. From what I understand if you purchase a firearm online, it needs to be sent to a local dealer where you pick it up, presumably with a fee added for the local dealer's assistance. Is this currently the process with ammo too? If not, will the Biden proposal be making the online ammo process equivalent to the current firearm purchasing process?

I feel like a lot of these laws are proposed and enacted without considering reality.

Recent example.

Without an LTC you can't purchase ammo or reloading supplies in MA, but you may bring them in from other states if you have a MA hunting license.

Closest store that carries what I need... in NH
View attachment 145147

Closest store in MA that carries what I need.
View attachment 145149
I have to go to Casper to get to a store that has anything in stock. This highway is closed as often as it’s open in the winter, I have to order everything online.

0A9DD5BE-8E16-465C-BD6F-63E1033BC039.png

I've never bought a firearm or ammo online, just in person locally. From what I understand if you purchase a firearm online, it needs to be sent to a local dealer where you pick it up, presumably with a fee added for the local dealer's assistance. Is this currently the process with ammo too? If not, will the Biden proposal be making the online ammo process equivalent to the current firearm purchasing process?
Ammo, at least in free states, is delivered straight to your door just like buying anything else online.

This is so true. But then I ask myself if I'd want that job. Nope. Sounds like some sort of nightmare to me. In all seriousness, I think the election process is probably as much a turn-off as the actual job. We could probably improve things a bit by just improving our primary and general election processes.
The way the political landscape is sent up today, every little personal detail of your life becomes public. The opposition party in addition is going to do everything fair or unfalr, legal or not to attack you personally and to destroy your reputation along with your family. I do not want everything about me splattered across the front page. Not that I care, but I do value my privacy on things. As a candidate for POTUS, Congress or SCOTUS nothing is private anymore. And no one currently in office at the federal level is qualified to be there other than a few SCOTUS appointees. Plus the system is so freaking corrupt, they will protect the current establishment rather than represent the people to voted them in.

The way the political landscape is sent up today, every little personal detail of your life becomes public. The opposition party in addition is going to do everything fair or unfalr, legal or not to attack you personally and to destroy your reputation along with your family. I do not want everything about me splattered across the front page. Not that I care, but I do value my privacy on things. As a candidate for POTUS, Congress or SCOTUS nothing is private anymore. And no one currently in office at the federal level is qualified to be there other than a few SCOTUS appointees. Plus the system is so freaking corrupt, they will protect the current establishment rather than represent the people to voted them in.
And don't get me started on the primaries and the fact that certain states get to decide who the party candidates are going to be, while others essentially have no say. I'd love to just outlaw all political parties and start from scratch on designing a new election process.

And don't get me started on the primaries and the fact that certain states get to decide who the party candidates are going to be, while others essentially have no say. I'd love to just outlaw all political parties and start from scratch on designing a new election process.
Be prepared for this on a massive scale if the electoral college is dissolved, as many who voted for Hillary have been calling for.

I'd love to have candidates that are so dead set about protecting the rights of Americans that it barely needs mentioned, strong on conservation and a champion of public lands. If we outlaw pucky at the White House, think we could get Randy to run?

Political opinions aside, I think this is a bad strategy for Biden. In order for him to win this election, he’s going to have to play to the middle. To a lesser degree, he will want to capture some Trumper’s who’ve become disenfranchised as well as getting his more liberal base out to vote. This radical policy might accomplish the latter, but it’s going to hurt him on the undecided middle and the current Trumpers. He might as well be handing Trump a sledge hammer to beat him over the head with. Should be a fun election season :rolleyes:.

I dont think that many people in the middle or many even many casual gun owners in middle will view most of that gun control platform as radical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back