MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Biden Plan to End Online Ammo Sales

I think grammar and typo call outs are grounds for a BigFin thread lock.

Well I’ve been staying off this thread and just watching from a distance until toady , but if BIGFIN might lock it down , then I want to get in my two cents, I don’t think they should ever stop online ammo sales , there I said it, i’ve never even bought ammo online, I just don’t like the thought of that.

Last edited:
Yes. An officer who did that could 1) be fired 2) face civil liability for excessive use of force and 3) face potential criminal charges.

I’m not sure about that. Law enforcement pretty routinely points their weapons at people without firing from what I understand.

I once held my sister’s domestic violence committing ex at gunpoint when he broke into her house to harass her with my young niece there. She called the cops and then me because I was closer. He left when he figured out the law was on the way and I saw him at the convenience store when I was on the way to my sister’s house. I stopped, blocked him in, and ordered him to the ground at gunpoint and held him there until the law arrived. As the deputies pulled in I dropped the clip and set the weapon on the ground and backed away a few steps. The deputies commended me on my textbook handling of the situation.

I have some training so I suppose that may make a difference. I went to school with most of the law enforcement officials around here or their kids as well, so that may make a difference.

And no I don’t think I am some billy badass either before the sure to follow snide comments. I did what I did in that situation and I stand by it.

I had no desire to shoot the scum. I’d hate to live with that on my conscious because of some piece of trash. But enough was enough with that dude.

They shouldn’t be. Case law exists that it’s deemed a use of force.

Makes no sense to me. It completely negates a very effective means of deterrence or means of controlling a bad situation before things get worse.

I’m not sure about that. Law enforcement pretty routinely points their weapons at people without firing from what I understand.

I once held my sister’s domestic violence committing ex at gunpoint when he broke into her house to harass her with my young niece there. She called the cops and then me because I was closer. He left when he figured out the law was on the way and I saw him at the convenience store when I was on the way to my sister’s house. I stopped, blocked him in, and ordered him to the ground at gunpoint and held him there until the law arrived. As the deputies pulled in I dropped the clip and set the weapon on the ground and backed away a few steps. The deputies commended me on my textbook handling of the situation.

I have some training so I suppose that may make a difference. I went to school with most of the law enforcement officials around here or their kids as well, so that may make a difference.

And no I don’t think I am some billy badass either before the sure to follow snide comments. I did what I did in that situation and I stand by it.

I had no desire to shoot the scum. I’d hate to live with that on my conscious because of some piece of trash. But enough was enough with that dude.
In some states citizen's arrest is ok provided we are talking a felony. But better be sure as a person takes a lot of risks, legal and otherwise, playing cowboy.

They shouldn’t be. Case law exists that it’s deemed a use of force.
But then you have to ask if it was justified under the circumstances and then get over qualified immunity for LEOs. I am sure department policies are all over the place both formally and in practical application. I am no expert on this but my guess is a fair amount of state by state variation too.

That's the reason there are policies and laws. Not everyone's "common sense" is the same. BTW, the scenario you described is anything but textbook. You're lucky he didn't sue you for assault.

I’ll take the LEO’s word on it over yours thank you.

I also could care less about any legal or other consequences at that time. My sister’s and niece’s well being was my only concern LEO’s were 30 minutes out.

Anyone who would sit on there hands if they were me in that situation because of any concern for their own well being legal oe otherwise needs to grow a spine.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back