Best state to be a resident?

Montana would get my vote. Dream about it for big game and the bird hunting

Hopefully someday :D

I always figured Alaska would be tops, with MT and WY tied for a close second. Idaho would be right there with MT/WY if there was more pronghorn opportunity.

Montana has toothy critters, snakes and an inhospitable climate - and that's just the legislature.

All this opportunity is just too much. 6 weeks with a bow? Crazy. 5 weeks with a rifle? Insane. We need to reign this in. World class sheep? Unacceptable. Let's kill 'em off. $80 for a sportsman's license with bear? Highway robbery.

Give me Utah. What I wouldn't give to hunt a mature animal every 10 years.

Can you hunt pronghorn in MT every year?

With a bow, yeah. Pretty good odds on rifle tags too.

I could be wrong on Idaho too, just remember reading residents saying there isn't much for opportunity.

With a bow, yeah. Pretty good odds on rifle tags too.

I could be wrong on Idaho too, just remember reading residents saying there isn't much for opportunity.

I was curious about MT, I have never looked into it. We are pretty much the same. You can hunt with a bow every year, but our rifle odds are not so good. ML odds are not too bad.

I always figured Alaska would be tops, with MT and WY tied for a close second. Idaho would be right there with MT/WY if there was more pronghorn opportunity.
I agree...for the most part. If you are into bird hunting, I think ID moves up the scale ahead of WY and possibly even ahead of MT. Great chukar/hun hunting well into Jan/Feb to be had in parts of ID.

I think for maximum hunting opportunity, MT or WY is pretty hard to beat. Long seasons, lots of accessible places and OTC tags.

I spent 12 years hunting chukars when I lived in Nevada, and I'm definitely not smarter. mtmuley awapiti, You now have me craving a Cold Smoke. Thank you!

I always figured there are only about 4 states that seem worth living in; ID, MT, WY and CO. Life's too short to not hunt elk every year.

I guess nobody else has a sense of humor. And yes Montana is hands down winner. Cause of tag availability. If it was for Quality only My home state of Arizona wins hands down. And You don't have to mess with Winter. Most Folks from the north country don't know any better.......,,,,Ps lifes to short to live in the tundra like I am for a few years. 43 tonite for a low and we aint even got a mtn. in the whole state. We are on a prarie. What up with that. Thank GOD the oil companies are paying well............BOB

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back