Caribou Gear Tarp

Best state to be a resident?

Paisano

A lot of us spend time looking for opportunities as a nonresident, but what about resident opportunities for the guy looking to relocate? What states stand out for having realistic opportunities to try for quality tags while still offering a good "backup" opportunity so that you're out there hunting elk, deer, or antelope every year? Just curious to hear what residents have to say about the subject. Good luck to all this year.

Montana is the best state to live in hands down. Maybe not when you throw hunting tags into the picture, but it sure ain't bad. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

I'd say Texas....every hunting season here in Colorado there's a ton of Texas plates on nice newer trucks and new 4 wheelers....they must hand them out with the feeders down there

I'd say Texas....every hunting season here in Colorado there's a ton of Texas plates on nice newer trucks and new 4 wheelers....they must hand them out with the feeders down there

...plus a 72 page payment book and free 30 round PMAG. Seeya in October.;)

Have family? Good places to live/hunt all over but whether you would want to endure the winters is a whole 'nuther ballgame.

TX if you own land or have a good lease. You can hunt for about 5-6 months out of the year and take a week and go elk/deer hunting in CO or NM. Like John Cushman said CO residents have either 5 or 9 days to rifle big game hunt.

Otherwise across the border in British Columbia.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back