Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
You have mingled together several different categories of sandwiches which make such a choice impossible. Pulled pork vs lobster roll? Grilled cheese vs Cuban (i.e. like a fancy grilled cheese with ham and pickles)?

This is non-sense!

I propose the following categories:
  • Mammal meat sandwiches (Hot)
  • Mammal meat sandwiches (Cold)
  • Meat (non-mammal) sandwiches
  • Non-meat sandwiches (can included meat-like, such as bologna and spam)
  • Keep it simple stupid sandwiches (grilled cheese, BLT, abomination sandwiches you ate/made as a child, etc.)

Honorable mention to pulled pork, would be #1 if it didn’t have to be a sandwich

interesting you say this. i threw pulled pork on there because it is a classic barbeque sandwich.

i personally prefer my pulled pork piled on my plate with white onions, pickles, jalapenos, a topping of coleslaw, spicy barbeque sauce and no bread whatsoever. i just always assumed though that the predominant preference among americans was barbeque pulled pork as a sandwich.

Last edited:
You have mingled together several different categories of sandwiches which make such a choice impossible. Pulled pork vs lobster roll? Grilled cheese vs Cuban (i.e. like a fancy grilled cheese with ham and pickles)?

This is non-sense!

• Keep it simple stupid sandwiches (grilled cheese, BLT, abomination sandwiches you ate/made as a child, etc.)
How about Sandwiches made with fake cheese. i.e Billions of grilled cheese made with Kraft singles.

@mtmiller

Perfect balance of two kinds of pig, bright citrus flavors, garlicky goodness, acidity from mustard and pickles (points for a tolerable veggie), with slightly funky, melted Swiss cheese, and all on a butter-toasted loaf made with- you guessed it- pig lard.

It is everything good about a patty melt and ham and Swiss. It is a hot sandwich that fills you up on a cold day, but somehow manages to stay light even in the hottest weather.

The sandwich is a love letter to all things pork.

You move me, sir.

Definitely like the crispy chicken sandwich the best. Second would have to be a grilled cheese if I can have ketchup but that is blasphemy according to about everyone I’ve met in my life. Honorable mention to pulled pork, would be #1 if it didn’t have to be a sandwich
You don’t need that negativity in your life. Anyone who does not dip a grilled cheese in ketchup needs to be put on ignore.

This is non-sense!

are you proposing 5 different polls?

madness. the category is sandwich.

and yes hot dogs are technically a sandwich.

I'm afraid I need more regional info. If I'm in Maine, the lobster roll is going to win out. If I'm in southern NY, that Reuben is mine! Head down into south jersey/philly area, the cheese steak is a winner. If I'm in Nebraska, I'm not apt to favor any of those 3. You gotta know what's good where you are.

By the way, I was down by NYC in June and ordered a reuben sandwich on a bagel at this bagel place, just as something to have in the car for lunch as I was driving back north... I nearly crashed the car that thing was so good!

to this i say you need to think about it in terms of the best version of each, not where you may have to reside. which is itself subective, but you get the point.

i personally think a great version of each sandwich can be found in each of our 50 states. just like any cuisine.

i'm not a big believer in the idea or claim that only certain regions/states can have a good version of a certain food. maybe in some states it's easier to find a good version of something.

but every region and state has talented passionate folks from every culture/heritage with the same access to fresh ingredients anyone anywhere else has these days.

i personally prefer my pulled pork piled on my plate with white onions, pickles, jalapenos, a topping of coleslaw, spicy barbeque sauce and no bread whatsoever.
Exactly. Bread is a hindrance with all the toppings and it’s easier and better to eat without it here

am i going to get flamed for saying that i absolutely love spicy philly cheese steaks from jersey mikes? my current go to for a philly.

philly cheese steaks are one of those items people get all hot and bothered about. but i'm just gonna say it, you don't even have to be anywhere near new jersey to eat a good philly. not even anywhere near the east coast, frankly.

just like you don't have to be anywhere near chicago to eat good pizza.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back