Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
am i going to get flamed for saying that i absolutely love spicy philly cheese steaks from jersey mikes?

philly cheese steaks are one of those items people get all hot and bothered about. but i'm just gonna say it, you don't even have to be anywhere near new jersey to eat a good philly.

just like you don't have to be anywhere near chicago to eat good pizza.
Another that is not on the list.....surely you can now understand my trepidation about this sandwich journey that we are now all on together.

Another that is not on the list.....surely you can now understand my trepidation about this sandwich journey that we are now all on together.

unless you're trying to tell me pizza is a sandwich.....

philly's are 100% on the list, listed first on purpose ;)

to this i say you need to think about it in terms of the best version of each, not where you may have to reside. which is itself subective, but you get the point.

i personally think a great version of each sandwich can be found in each of our 50 states. just like any cuisine.

i'm not a big believer in the idea or claim that only certain regions/states can have a good version of a certain food. maybe in some states it's easier to find a good version of something.

but every region and state has talented passionate folks from every culture/heritage with the same access to fresh ingredients anyone anywhere else has these days.

Hmmm.. There's an element of truth there, but please someone point out where I can get a reuben in Wyoming, to match the ones from Katz's Deli in Manhattan. Or a lobster roll in Kansas. For that matter, where (o where) is the good mexican restaurant in the Adirondacks!!!??? Regional still counts for something.

Regional still counts for something.

yes it does. i will not deny.

certain regions have high concentrations of a good food of a certain type which leads to a certain reputation for a region. but it absolutely does not mean that a great or even better version cant be found somewhere else.

e.g. people from texas thinking there is no other place with palatable mexican food in the U.S. - just categorically false.

Last edited:
You can get decent cheese steaks all over, but never from a chain. That's a steak sandwich like we would get on Wednesday's for school lunch in grade school.

Best sandwich in Jersey/Philly area is roast pork.

I almost never eat food from a restaurant of any kind so when I do a sandwich isn't going to be my first or even second choice. So, I haven't eaten many of the sandwiches on the list. I do make grilled cheese, BLT and pulled pork sandwiches and they are all good. Most of my sandwiches are made of whatever meat is left over from last night's dinner with some cheese and maybe a pickle and some onion. When I was in German there was this little place that made schnitzel sandwiches that were to die for. It was their homemade bread more than the sandwich that made it so good. One slice of bread was a big as a dinner plate and the schnitzel would extend a couple of inches past the edges of the bread.

Then of course there is my good old standby, PeanutButter, dill pickle and mayo on white bread.

i had BLT on the list briefly. but even for a sandwich technically with meat it might as well be a vegetarian option.

unless you make one at home and put a bona fide 16 oz of bacon on it it's hardly a sandwich worth eating.

anyway, it was swapped out for the crispy chicken.

Best $*)Q!#@$ sandwich on the planet

Noonies, Middlebury VT
1659553356385.png

"spicy philly cheese steaks from jersey mikes" Is not equal to "Philly cheese steak." Specifics matter in the sandwich game son. Is a ham sandwich with lays classic chips stacked on top, just a ham sandwich? The answer is no. A resounding no. A whole different animal.

it's like saying because you put jalapenos on a burger means it's not a burger anymore and we need a new category.

i just personally like my philly cheese steaks with added spice. but it's still just a philly cheese steak.

• Philly Cheese Steak - never had one
  • Italian (or Spicy Italian) - never had one
  • Cuban - never heard of one
  • Reuben - never had one
  • Big Mac - never had one, but have had a McBurger (or whatever meat it is)
  • Pulled Pork - yes please
  • Grilled Cheese - I'm not 10 anymore
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich - yes please
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm) - never heard of one
  • French Dip - yes please
Apparently I don't get out much.
How are you an American?

it's like saying because you put jalapenos on a burger means it's not a burger anymore and we need a new category.

i just personally like my philly cheese steaks with added spice. but it's still just a philly cheese steak.
Point taken. But my lays classics point still stands.

A sandwich is something I can assemble in less than a minute, even if I rinse the mayo utensil and shirttail dry for surreptitious drawer return.

...and yes I know what bologna is made of.

The poll got a vote because pulled hog and Texas Hill Country sweet & sour pig sauce is tasty...

Being that my favorite of the options you listed it pulled pork, I put that. I say, however, the greatest sandwich on earth is a chicken cordon bleu.
Chicken breast, sliced black forest ham, and swiss cheese on a pretzel bun mmm

To get off my high horse for a moment, there's a regional (I think) sandwich that folks eat up here at fairs, etc. It's called a bacon burger and it is simply a grilled slice of canadian bacon on a hamburger bun, with mayo. That's it. They're surprisingly seductive..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back