PEAX Equipment

Beautiful man sits on an island

----

Anyone else been rooting for our boy on the History Channel? I just caught up on the DVR, I'd have never gotten off the raft.

Awesome, didn't know he was a hunt talker. He seems to be doing pretty good. So far I've called the first two tapping out. You could see it in their eyes. Its not as easy now. Alan and Randy seem to be thriving the most. Though Dustin and some others haven't been shown as much.

Just watched the trailer. Looks like a super adventure. I hope Apple TV allows me to see all the shows

Went to the website and took the personality quiz. What do you know? I'm Dustin! Go dude! I watched both episodes and the first two guys out pretty much should NOT have even been there. Go to a place with lots of critters and then whine about being scared that there are critters. DUH!

Pretty neat. I had a co-worker tell me about the show earlier this week and she said that it sounded like something that I would be able to do. I told her all of it except being away from my family sounded fun.

I too watched the first two episodes on Randy11's link above. My theory on these "reality shows" of which this one seems to be the entirely real deal, is if you pay attention, the eliminations are hinted at by foreshadowing. Editing can focus on the most dramatic episodes, and/or the next ones eliminated. "Our" Dustin not getting as much air time now may mean that he lasts longer.

But Dustin, who goes to a survival show located in North Americas wettest rain forest and doesn't bring a shelter/tarp as one of their allowed 10 items?? I think he was the only participant/contestant ($500,000 to the winner) to list a slingshot among the items brought with along with the 4 cameras used to self film their adventure.

The trail camera video showing the bears sniffing at the tarp got my attention.

OK, dumb question. If they are left completely alone, how do they get the camera footage unless they are done already?

They film themselves with cameras and there are trail cam style ones that are set up at the camp sites. Its kinda like what Les Stroud did on survivorman.

I agree, I don't think I could be away from my family that long. I figure that will end up being the end for most of the guys at the end. Did you guys catch that the one guy wanted to make it 90 days and then he would be fine with leaving. I can't imagine it will go that long. I wonder what the rules on hunting are? It shows a guy with a bow but he may just be shooting at small game. I figure Canada will be less forgiving ifit was a bear or something.

I know they film themselves, but who is collecting the footage to air if there is no contact? Not all that tech savvy but I don't know about any kind of remote kind of film transfer so nobody has to collect it. I know, I think too much...

Alright, now you have my curiosity up. I understand what your asking now. I assume the trail cams may have some remote technology but the hand helds would need the data card removed. Unless all the footage is reviewed after extraction.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back