Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Beautiful man sits on an island

No TV so I never saw the show but by now can you tell us why you quit? What was the final straw?

"Alone" season 2 started this week on the History channel. Ten contestants, 3 women, 7 men. The first contestant to use the sat phone to arrange pickup called before the first sunset. Totally wigged out by the bear poop on the beach, and unfamiliar terrain.

As for me, being a creature of the open vista, (Colorado native, Wyoming family roots, and Kansas living for over 30 years) the closed in forest thing and not being able to see more than 40 yards (and feet most of the time) would get on my psyche the most.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes. One fire starting rod already lost and a nasty ax incident story line to continue with next weeks episode.

This season is likely to get pretty interesting. Some of the guys and gals are carrying a lot of mental baggage with them. Like last years winner said, there's no place to hide from it when you are alone. It should make for some interesting tv, though I hope some of them find what they are looking for out there.

Just like last season, when the doubt starts to creep in, they don't last very long.

Acknowledging that I haven't walked in the shoes of the contestants....I can't believe someone would tap out on Day 1 before the sun even sets. I'm sure the producers of the show were thinking WTF, and p'd about the ROI on that dude.

Fun show though. Much respect to DustinF for what was accomplished!

Season 4 premiere set for Thursday night 9 pm central time, on History channel. Returning to Vancouver Island as the location, the new twist is there are two person teams, going for the $500k grand prize. One team member is dropped off at the home location, the other team member is dropped off 10 miles away, given a compass heading, and told to go find the home location and fellow competitor.

10 survival items allowed (between the two of them) along with a restricted clothing list as before. Previews show a bloody hand, several fainting contestants, and feature weather worries as before.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back