MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

BAD WY Preference point bill

Just think day of sheep/moose results the comments on here 5 years from now: i didnt draw it took 142 points, i only had 139.
Under these rules the numbers would elevate quickly to more than any one person could get in a lifetime on his own. Do elected officals just see montana has gone batshit crazy and NM is doing tag quota changes they need to have there own stupid legislation. The rules for game are set, play by them!

Last edited:
Good question, but this current bill does not exclude NR's families from transferring points, or Residents transferring points to NR family in any way, or NR family transferring points to a Resident. Its a wide open wild west point transfer show.

But, only for moose and sheep.

I agree that this could change in a heartbeat to include NR's with deer, pronghorn, and elk and/or the same if a Resident point system is ever put in place for DEP.
Reading this bill, it looks like it applies to NR antelope, deer and elk as well.

"They"? What some on here don't understand is these changes are being brought about because some constituent calls his friend the legislator and tells them what their idea of a better system is. The legislator turns the idea over to LSO(lawyers) and they write up the draft.

This is a never ending problem that's not going away. It's certainly not the G&F conspiring to change the system. When they do it, it involves lots of public complaints, surveys and meetings. In other words it rarely happens with the Dept.
This should be a sticky under a thread titled "Where does stupid wildlife legislation come from and how to fight it".

Chad Banks and Jeremy Haroldson are also on the Travel, Recreation, Wildlife & Cultural Resources committee and always respond to my emails if you want to increase awareness beyond Western. Haroldson is for sure a hunter.

WOW crazy how fast things change. Literally last night talking to my buddy about lack of stupid legislation in WY. Then today I see this.
I will fire off an email. The only change I would ever make to the WY preference point system is to eliminate the system entirely.

anything else that they attempt will only make the issue worse in the long run.

Sent my email to Western. Is this currently at a spot where we should be hitting up the others on the Committee or is the Sponsor enough for now?

WG&F has no idea how many family members a person has, nor do they have a way to verify. I could create 15 accounts this afternoon, add them to the half dozen actual family and friend accounts I currently control and be on my way.

Probably not a good idea to allow transferable points.

Last edited:
Looks like my whole damn family is getting points this year😂😂. Ugh!! Why all the changes coming. I’m pretty fresh into this non resident and preference point thing and was just starting to kind of get a handle on how it worked.

Looks like my whole damn family is getting points this year😂😂. Ugh!! Why all the changes coming. I’m pretty fresh into this non resident and preference point thing and was just starting to kind of get a handle on how it worked.

Luckily there's about 0% chance this makes it out of committee as written.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back