Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

BAD WY Preference point bill

Ouch...glad I invested so much up to this point if it goes this way....

I respect that systems can change, but this proposal would spur so much abuse. I'd much rather see them get rid of points and throw away the money I've invested in points over the years for having a miniscule random chance than to just throw my money away and 100% take away any chance I had.

Guess I should've been buying points for my dad and wife...and mom and sister all along. Can we buy points for deceased relatives too? Should probably try to get that in the proposal.... Maybe I can have my uncles/aunts get points, transfer them to my dad, then my dad later transfer them all to me.........could go levels beyond that even!

I hope this doesn't get anywhere

Ouch...glad I invested so much up to this point if it goes this way....

I respect that systems can change, but this proposal would spur so much abuse. I'd much rather see them get rid of points and throw away the money I've invested in points over the years for having a miniscule random chance than to just throw my money away and 100% take away any chance I had.

Guess I should've been buying points for my dad and wife...and mom and sister all along. Can we buy points for deceased relatives too? Should probably try to get that in the proposal.... Maybe I can have my uncles/aunts get points, transfer them to my dad, then my dad later transfer them all to me.........could go levels beyond that even!

I hope this doesn't get anywhere
Never even thought about that...good point, excellent point actually.

If you have the money you can be in the front of the line in say 5 years. Put in five apps a year for the family and you be at 25 points before you know it

What did I miss about that part being a bad idea?
So here's my thought. I think the more the State encourages drive-by apps for animals like moose and sheep the more they run the risk of creating people that now feel entitled to something more than just a PP and therefore they create animosity towards any possible change in the future. I think encouraging people to just apply randomly furthers the view that PP's are nothing more than a money making scheme by the State. I like to think that moose and sheep hunting should require a hell of a lot of commitment and dedication. Both in the decades leading up to drawing the tag and then again during the hunt. As we've discussed before, I also think the tag should cost several thousand dollars for both res and nr hunters. I think if people really want to hunt sheep they should be willing to dedicate their time, money and effort into the endeavor. Too many res hunters are totally cool letting conservation groups, wealthy donors, wealthy hunters and NR's hunters foot the bill for their "dream of hunting sheep". Allowing people to come and go over a decade just pushes this, IMO. My thoughts at any rate, I could be wrong.

If you have the money you can be in the front of the line in say 5 years. Put in five apps a year for the family and you be at 25 points before you know it
25 points in 5 years???

I just did they math and in 2 years I could be looking at 30 additional points with qualifying family members that don't hunt. That's not even going up a level like BowhunterBen mentioned.

25 points in 5 years???

I just did they math and in 2 years I could be looking at 30 additional points with qualifying family members that don't hunt. That's not even going up a level like BowhunterBen mentioned.
If you can afford it go for it!! If a peon wants a tag then he needs to step up to the plate to put the work in and make the money needed to complete. Merica

Except that by my count I can get 9 per year, so when you have 25, I can have 45.

Whoa, just figured out that my wife could get 12 per year, and that's just with her adopted family, not counting her biological family. This is fun!

QQ

Except that by my count I can get 9 per year, so when you have 25, I can have 45.

Whoa, just figured out that my wife could get 12 per year, and that's just with her adopted family, not counting her biological family. This is fun!

QQ
You telling me it's fun. I just made the appointment to reverse my vasectomy!!!

If you can afford it go for it!! If a peon wants a tag then he needs to step up to the plate to put the work in and make the money needed to complete. Merica
In 2020 WGF spent $2.6M managing its bighorn sheep herds. They generated $425K from licenses. Even after all the other fees, allocations and grants the ended up loosing $460K on sheep management. It would be great if having sheep to hunt was cheap but its not. Those that want to remove one after the state spent so much trying to keep them need to foot the bill for that. No matter where its done sheep hunting is expensive

In 2020 WGF spent $2.6M managing its bighorn sheep herds. They generated $425K from licenses. Even after all the other fees, allocations and grants the ended up loosing $460K on sheep management. It would be great if having sheep to hunt was cheap but its not. Those that want to remove one after the state spent so much trying to keep them need to foot the bill for that. No matter where its done sheep hunting is expensive
So auction all the tags off and make up the short fall. Come back to me in five years with the numbers that's it really cost you in disenfanicement the sportsmen afyer you defacto privatized a public resource.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back