BAD WY Preference point bill

BuzzH

With all the crap going on in Montana almost hate to post this as it seems rather small taters in comparison.

But, anyone with preference points who has been applying for sheep and moose tags and is waiting their turn, may want to send a few emails, etc.

Here's the part with the changes...

an unsuccessful license applicant failing to apply for a license, shall lose all of their accumulated points upon failing to apply for ten (10) consecutive calendar years for a licence or pay the applicable fee in lieu of applying, during the second calendar year and shall be considered to be a first year applicant for any subsequent calendar year in which the applicant submits license application for that particular species. Any preference point holder may transfer any of his preference points to the holder's parent, spouse, grandparent, sibling, child or grandchild.

Meaning if one hunter has family with points, he/she could jump the line substantially over those that don't.

I'll use myself as an example...assuming I were to buy points for my Dad, Mom, and Brother this year...and talk my wife out of her preference points for moose and sheep...guess who gets to hunt both in Wyoming again?

Or in another example, my wife could buy her 4 siblings points for moose and sheep and would jump 4 points just like that.

what are the odds wyoming moves other species to points for residnets down the road? this could catalyze the same program for other species points then if they do. they would probably never throw this bone to non residents though huh? i hope not.

regardless, bad policy that sets a bad tone for the system and we shouldn't let it start anywhere

what are the odds wyoming moves other species to points for residnets down the road? this could catalyze the same program for other species points then if they do. they would probably never throw this bone to non residents though huh? i hope not.

regardless, bad policy that sets a bad tone for the system and we shouldn't let it start anywhere
Good question, but this current bill does not exclude NR's families from transferring points, or Residents transferring points to NR family in any way, or NR family transferring points to a Resident. Its a wide open wild west point transfer show.

But, only for moose and sheep.

I agree that this could change in a heartbeat to include NR's with deer, pronghorn, and elk and/or the same if a Resident point system is ever put in place for DEP.

Disappointing he came up with this bill. Particularly since his Conservation stamp bill is really good. Its nice to write a email telling him great job on 122 and big swing and a miss on 130.

The losing points after 10 years is also new, isn’t it? I’d thought it was 2 years.

Oh cool... I will be able to take all those points I purchased for my kid at the discount youth rate and put them on my account since he is not into hunting much anymore. :cool:
Thought you dropped your moose points...maybe a little too soon?

Thought you dropped your moose points...maybe a little too soon?
No I did drop them. Even with my kids points it would be a pipe dream. But hey, maybe the madness will extend to elk and deer.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back